Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning

She knew her countries laws about adultery.

She chose to break the law and now has to pay the price.

So what's the problem?

Do the same laws apply to men? (not being a smartass- really wondering).

NO. Men are given a pass more often than not in such matters - that is my understanding. I am certain our Muslim friends in here will have a somewhat different version though...
___

Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning | Newsflavor

The only version that matters is God's...

The adulteress and the adulterer, flog each of them a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you from obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.

The adulterer cannot have sexual relations with any but an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress, none can have sexual relations with her but an adulterer or an idolater; and it is forbidden to believers.

And those who accuse free women and bring not four witnesses, flog them eighty stripes and never accept their evidence, and these are the transgressors --

Except those who afterwards repent and act aright; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

(24:2-5)​

So every one in the world should live by our laws?

Imo, it's not that everyone should live by our laws, thus my belief that we should not be in the ME trying to "spread democracy", which is what we are really trying to do, and it's a mistake. Otoh, the people who adhere to those laws really have no business trying to tell Americans what is wrong with our own system of laws.

Imo, it's not that everyone should live by our laws, thus my belief that we should not be in the ME trying to "spread democracy", which is what we are really trying to do, and it's a mistake. Otoh, the people who adhere to those laws really have no business trying to tell Americans what is wrong with our own system of laws.

That is a valid point - to a point.

What of genocide? Mutilation of women allowed by local law/religion?

It's still not our business. If they were ready for democracy, they would have it. If their religion is so dominant in their lives, they really can't live any other way than by their religion. Would I want to? No.

Then the confession is invalid under Shari'ah. Of course, Iran doesn't really follow Shari'ah, so it probably doesn't matter to them anyway.

Yeah... they probably make the rules up as they go.... I mean, who is going to complain?
If they do.... they'll end up beside her in a hole too!:eek:

That's why a good amount of opposition to the regime there is in the form of bombs.

I really got angry when we stood by and didnt lend a helping hand to the citizens when they were standing up to the regime a while back.
Not sure what we could have done, but to just stand by with our hands in our pockets was just a shame.

Kind of reminded me of the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989..... They tried & got their asses whipped by the regime.

It's still not our business. If they were ready for democracy, they would have it. If their religion is so dominant in their lives, they really can't live any other way than by their religion. Would I want to? No.

This is why religion and politics dont mix.

They are a theocracy, and there in lies the problem.

Yeah... they probably make the rules up as they go.... I mean, who is going to complain?
If they do.... they'll end up beside her in a hole too!:eek:

That's why a good amount of opposition to the regime there is in the form of bombs.

I really got angry when we stood by and didnt lend a helping hand to the citizens when they were standing up to the regime a while back.
Not sure what we could have done, but to just stand by with our hands in our pockets was just a shame.

Kind of reminded me of the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989..... They tried & got their asses whipped by the regime.

Doing nothing was probably the best thing you could have done. Any support from the United States would delegitimize the movement in the eyes of many Iranians, causing it to lose support and making it much easier for the government to criticize it and reject it as "foreign."

please quote me chapter and vers where jesus said that christians don't have to follow the mosaic (torah) laws any more.

And they are now only for reference.

Thank you

acts 15:28,29 acts 21:25 2 timothy 3: 16 romans 15:4
In NONE of these verses is Jesus speaking.

They are the words of Paul, Timothy, and others.

Jesus NEVER said the Torah Laws were invalid or to be ignored by the people.

Read Matthew chapter 5.

This is why religion and politics dont mix.

They are a theocracy, and there in lies the problem.

Well, it's a problem to us, but not to them. I agree it's a shame when a populus tries unsuccessfully to gain more freedom, but if we try to intervene on their behalves, they they haven't really accomplished anything. The mindset and culture is still the same, and they aren't ready to handle the problems that come with that freedom.

Lets hope some semblance of sanity sneaks into the addled minds of whatever shitpile court system Iran uses and saves this woman's life and then helps to influence all other women facing similar situations living under the yoke of such oppression...
____

At a time when the Muslim world is attempted to improve its image after the Ground Zero Mosque debacle, and decades of Muslim-extremist terrorist attacks, yet another developing story brings to light the too often dark nature of Muslim culture.

Iranian mother Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was charged with adultery in 2006 - a crime punishable by death. Her sentence of stoning, among the most brutal of execution methods, is to take place soon, and with the end of the Muslim Ramadan holiday when no executions are to take place, Ashtiani’s growing number of supporters worldwide fear her death is now imminent.

____

Read more: Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning | Newsflavor

Your link is a trojan.

Lets hope some semblance of sanity sneaks into the addled minds of whatever shitpile court system Iran uses and saves this woman's life and then helps to influence all other women facing similar situations living under the yoke of such oppression...
____

At a time when the Muslim world is attempted to improve its image after the Ground Zero Mosque debacle, and decades of Muslim-extremist terrorist attacks, yet another developing story brings to light the too often dark nature of Muslim culture.

Iranian mother Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was charged with adultery in 2006 - a crime punishable by death. Her sentence of stoning, among the most brutal of execution methods, is to take place soon, and with the end of the Muslim Ramadan holiday when no executions are to take place, Ashtiani’s growing number of supporters worldwide fear her death is now imminent.

____

Read more: Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning | Newsflavor

Your link is a trojan.

It is an issue with the server apparently. They have almost resolved it with Google. The site was hacked or something - should be good to go soon. Sorry for the confusion - it had me worried as well! :eusa_eh:

Im not picking on you Nate.... just convenient to use you quote, thats all :cool:

The differences in this conversation is that for a man/woman to face the needle is they generally have to kill someone. For a woman to be stoned under Sharia law all she has to do is be accused of adultery...

And this stupid Feisal Abdul Rauf character supports sharia law, too.

He has repeatedly stated, and writes in his 2004 book, that the U.S. Constitution is sharia-compliant. The “American Constitution and system of governance uphold the core principles of Islamic law,” Rauf wrote in his book. The “American political structure is Shariah-compliant” .

So I guess he is OK with this kind of barbarism?

Wow.... and we are paying for him to spread this garbage over there in the Mid East on our behalf.... great, JUST GREAT!
Hmmm...is that what his quote says? I beg to differ.

Hey it's their country. I wish this poor woman the best of luck but the Iranian idiots wanted the Mullah Nazis so this is the price they have to pay. The Shah wasn't so bad. I have said this all along. The Mullahs are evil Nazis. Iranians get what they deserve in my opinion. It is their country so it's none of our business though. They should have never supported the deranged Mullah Nazis in the first place. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Hey it's their country. I wish this poor woman the best of luck but the Iranian idiots wanted the Mullah Nazis so this is the price they have to pay. The Shah wasn't so bad. I have said this all along. The Mullahs are evil Nazis. Iranians get what they deserve in my opinion. It is their country so it's none of our business. They should have never supported the deranged Mullah Nazis in the first place. It is what it is.
Actually, the Shah was a nazi and used their methods to enslave the Iranian people.

Forum List

Back