Iowa Passes Six Weeks Abortion Ban

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021

Iowa Republicans pass a new 6-week abortion ban. Exemptions for rape, life of the mother, and fetal abnormalities. However the rape must have been reported to police within 45 days. I wonder how this will impact the womens' vote in Iowa and elsewhere.​

Iowa Republicans pass a new 6-week abortion ban​

Passage capped a marathon one-day special legislative session. The measure now goes to Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds for her signature.

TAP TO UNMUTE

Get more newson

• SAVE
    Create your free profile or log in to save this article
July 11, 2023, 11:10 PM CDT / Updated July 11, 2023, 11:29 PM CDT
By Adam Edelman
Iowa Republicans passed a bill late Tuesday to ban most abortions after six weeks — a restrictive measure that would quickly remake the reproductive rights legal landscape in a key early voting state.
The measure passed, mostly along party lines, just after 11 p.m. local time, capping a marathon one-day special legislative session that Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds called for the sole purpose of enacting “pro-life” legislation.

Reynolds, in a statement issued moments after the bill was passed, said she would sign the bill on Friday.
"Justice for the unborn should not be delayed," Reynolds said.
If it is not blocked by a court, the law would go into effect immediately after Reynolds signs it — which could send abortion clinics in the state, as well as women with appointments scheduled at them in coming days and weeks, scrambling. As it currently stands, abortion remains legal in Iowa until the 20th week of pregnancy.
The bill passed by Republicans, who control the Legislature, would ban abortions at the sixth week of pregnancy — or when, in some cases, a fetal pulse can first be heard via ultrasound. The measure includes exceptions for the life of the woman, miscarriages and fetal abnormalities deemed by a physician "incompatible with life."

Iowa Republicans pass a new 6-week abortion ban. Exemptions for rape, life of the mother, and fetal abnormalities. However the rape must have been reported to police within 45 days. I wonder how this will impact the womens' vote in Iowa and elsewhere.​

with all the methods of contraception, education, and options....abortion should be rare.........not a fuck fest of irresponsibility.

with all the methods of contraception, education, and options....abortion should be rare.........not a fuck fest of irresponsibility.
Exactly! If birth control is used correctly and consistently (and really….it’s not rocket science), it is 99% effective. In the rare instance where it fails, the woman can make a quick decision or go to another state.

How will women react to a reasonable compromise between those who want no abortion at all and you soulless ghouls who support it for any reason up to delivery time?

We'll see.
Agree. A six-week ban STILL allows abortion, and most women realize she might be pregnant at the 2-week point when she misses her period. By week 3, and no period even a week past due, she still has 3 weeks to get the abortion.

99% of abortions are for complications that end the pregnancy.

Your response shies that you are a fuckfest of irresponsibility.

But there’s more.

If a woman gets an abortion because of a fuckfest of irresponsibility, it’s still none of your business.

Link for this stat?

But there’s more.

If a woman gets an abortion because of a fuckfest of irresponsibility, it’s still none of your business.
If a woman kills an infant, is it our business? Or if a thug kills a passerby, is it our business? SOME people think killing is wrong.

And in the case of the six-week ban, it’s a compromise between the people who want no abortion and people who are appalled by mid-term abortions. The woman still gets to have her abortion, or if she decides too late, she can take a bus to the next state.

But there’s more.

99%...lol

spews...i could give 2 shats what a woman does and does not do...not my concern or problem................just like you chuck and duck

Totally. After the SC decision, other forms of birth control skyrocketed because people were being forced into being more responsible instead of just coming in for an abortion, just because you could.

Totally. After the SC decision, other forms of birth control skyrocketed because people were being forced into being more responsible instead of just coming in for an abortion, just because you could.
the easiest less expensive, most nourishing way is the protein shake

i know....i'm bad...lolol..............just looking at all possible solutions though

Agree. A six-week ban STILL allows abortion, and most women realize she might be pregnant at the 2-week point when she misses her period. By week 3, and no period even a week past due, she still has 3 weeks to get the abortion.
You don't understand how doctors estimate pregnancy.

The date of conception is a guess at best so there is no reliable way to tell when a woman conceived therefore no reliable way to state when she is 6 weeks pregnant.

You don't understand how doctors estimate pregnancy.

The date of conception is a guess at best so there is no reliable way to tell when a woman conceived therefore no reliable way to state when she is 6 weeks pregnant.
it sure is an educated guess though......................i think 10 weeks would be a good standard...but then again not my call or concern

Escalating the battle between the two sides, and mostly for the pleasure of doing it, and very little caring about the lives of the unborn babies.

(see the list of new topics for examples of doing the same thing, but for mean-spirited causes other than unborn babies.

Most abortions take place before 11 weeks already this whole 6 week thing is a essentially a total ban
So why can’t she take the bus to a neighboring state? Inconvenient, I know….but nothing compared to the “inconvenience” paid by the unborn child deprived of a life.

Forum List

Back