Wake up at 4 am with headache and nightmare...

Cramps and muscle spasms fer me..
Sorny to.hear.that. Our bodies are betraying us. Sometimes it is my memory and my mind, haunting me even as I sleep. I would have brushed off years ago any suggestion that this could happen to me.

I used to have a recurring dream that terrified me. I had it night after night until I was afraid to go to sleep. Nothing helped. I had to go to a dream therapist to help me.

Dreams are the subconscious working through the problems of the conscience. Do you feel helpless? In your waking time relive that dream changing the outcome. Over and over, train yourself to react with strength. You will soon be able to fight your dream demons.

I had a dream last night that the plane I was on landed in the parking lot of the very hotel I was staying at.

How convenient.

Sorny to.hear.that. Our bodies are betraying us. Sometimes it is my memory and my mind, haunting me even as I sleep. I would have brushed off years ago any suggestion that this could happen to me.
Work out harder....meaning exercise.
Then work your brain harder...so you will stop the ruminating too. Any thing from long division/multiplication, algebra or calculus....wherever you are at. Do it till you go cross-eyed.

You will fall asleep so exhausted that you won't dream at all.

Works like a charm.

I know that this sounds like torture and stupid....but it has benefits that you will see in time.

Work out harder....meaning exercise.
Then work your brain harder...so you will stop the ruminating too. Any thing from long division/multiplication, algebra or calculus....wherever you are at. Do it till you go cross-eyed.

You will fall asleep so exhausted that you won't dream at all.

Works like a charm.

I know that this sounds like torture and stupid....but it has benefits that you will see in time.

Better than that.....

Take up a musical instrument. :) All the brain work of math but kinesthetic too. Plus you make something beautiful.

Okay maybe I'm biased....

Better than that.....

Take up a musical instrument. :) All the brain work of math but kinesthetic too. Plus you make something beautiful.

Okay maybe I'm biased....
Well....I have a LOT of hobbies.....and I never learned Calculus. I always wished that I did. But hobbies CAN get expensive....I work on projects with them to keep the dreams away.
I am a professional fine dining chef who likes to entertain guests for dinner. Bake cookies, breads, and other treats. Then make fine chocolate truffles....
Or
I like leathercrafts too....everything from portfolios, notebooks, toolbags, clutches, dopp bags, and tubes.

Then there's the landscaping and gardening....of course I have to have an herb garden....Thyme, sage, parsley, and basil. (From left to right) the oregano is in a planter below on ground level.
20230624_122759.jpg

Well....I have a LOT of hobbies.....and I never learned Calculus. I always wished that I did. But hobbies CAN get expensive....I work on projects with them to keep the dreams away.
I am a professional fine dining chef who likes to entertain guests for dinner. Bake cookies, breads, and other treats. Then make fine chocolate truffles....
Or
I like leathercrafts too....everything from portfolios, notebooks, toolbags, clutches, dopp bags, and tubes.

Then there's the landscaping and gardening....of course I have to have an herb garden....Thyme, sage, parsley, and basil. (From left to right) the oregano is in a planter below on ground level.
View attachment 804662

Your herbs are beautiful! I have basil, and wanted dill but didn't get around to it. I make basil-spinach pesto and add a couple drops of oil of oregano because it's supposed to be a good anti-inflammatory. The oregano is SUPER strong though, wow. Maybe if I grew it I could just add it that way and it would be a little milder.

Which herb is the most finicky to grow if you don't mind me asking? I'll stay away from that one!

Your herbs are beautiful! I have basil, and wanted dill but didn't get around to it. I make basil-spinach pesto and add a couple drops of oil of oregano because it's supposed to be a good anti-inflammatory. The oregano is SUPER strong though, wow. Maybe if I grew it I could just add it that way and it would be a little milder.

Which herb is the most finicky to grow if you don't mind me asking? I'll stay away from that one!
All the herbs are basically weeds of some sort.
However....
The oregano seems to be the slowest of the lot (unpictured) and Thyme seems to be very prolific.
Basil has been a bit finicky as far as doing well as for some reason it's getting pale and wilty looking since the picture was taken. Bur I've put some 10-10-10 on them and they seem to be coming back. (Enough so that I'm needing to do yet another harvest)

But the flavors are incredible so far.

If any of you have ever been the victim of perpetual violence, you will understand.

Please Lord let me sleep :(
Prozac can help you focus on the present and Ambien can help you fall asleep (if you need them). REM therapy can help you erase bad memories. Don't eat before you go to bed. Read a book. Accept things you can't change. They all can help.

Years ago I used to have recurrent dreams about my teeth falling out. I understand that's a pretty common dream. Anyway, one night while having the dream I realized that I must be dreaming because my teeth were falling out. I stopped having the dream after that.

Years ago I used to have recurrent dreams about my teeth falling out. I understand that's a pretty common dream. Anyway, one night while having the dream I realized that I must be dreaming because my teeth were falling out. I stopped having the dream after that.
Well yeah. I had a dream where my wife was assaulting me and her father was sitting there. His presence made me aware it was a dream as he died many years ago now. That was one time I was able to move past the dream and not even wake up.

Take a sleeping pill or something OP.....a glass of warm milk and honey before going to bed....some chamomile tea....

That might help....complaining online won't. That's the truth. :dunno:

Take a sleeping pill or something OP.....a glass of warm milk and honey before going to bed....some chamomile tea....

That might help....complaining online won't. That's the truth. :dunno:
Took two melatonin and have yet another nightmare and headache, wake up at quarter after 3 am. I am physically and emotionally damaged. it's hell. :(

Last edited:
I can't afford it. The last therapy I received were police sponsored. You can imagine how much I can trust that.

Police sponsored? That should tell you something. Check out mental health services.. there will be help available based on income.

Forum List

Back