Iowa approves same sex marriage

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
DES MOINES, Iowa -- The Iowa Supreme Court announced its ruling in a landmark same-sex marriage case Friday morning.
The court's written ruling was to be issued on the Iowa Supreme Court's Web site, but traffic to the site crashed the server and took down the Web site.
The court ruled in favor of six same-sex couples who sought to get marriage licenses, but were denied. The ruling means same-sex couples in Iowa can now get married under state law.

BREAKING NEWS: Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage OK - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

heh, your "dumb pig farmers" must care more about the civil rights of Americans than you bozos do. That is a good thing, imo.

What do you expect from a bunch of dumb as a brick pig farmers?

I'm not really sure seven highly educated, State Supreme Court judges count as a "bunch of dumb as a brick pig farmers."

But it's nice to know what you think of those who disagree with your archaic opinions. Now go watch Hee-Haw reruns while reading your New King James version of the "New" Testament and stfu.

heh, your "dumb pig farmers" must care more about the civil rights of Americans than you bozos do. That is a good thing, imo.

Gee, what an elitist thing for him to say. :razz:

Who would have guessed the "dumb pig farmers" would actually be more enlightened?

DES MOINES, Iowa -- The Iowa Supreme Court announced its ruling in a landmark same-sex marriage case Friday morning.
The court's written ruling was to be issued on the Iowa Supreme Court's Web site, but traffic to the site crashed the server and took down the Web site.
The court ruled in favor of six same-sex couples who sought to get marriage licenses, but were denied. The ruling means same-sex couples in Iowa can now get married under state law.

BREAKING NEWS: Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage OK - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

Be still my beating heart

Iowa ... never thought they were that smart ... damn, talk about challenging stereotypes more.

Luckily I can't say I was wrong since no one ever asked me about them, but if I had made the prediction I would not have been right. Another time I love being proven wrong though, gotta say, it makes me giddy to be wrong when I am, just wish it happened more often.

So what I'm seeing here is that IOWA didn't approve it. Rather, Iowa had it forced on them by a handful of lawyers in robes who think their moral superiority trumps the law and the will of every other person living in the state.

They'd have been better off with the dumb pig farmers than the even dumber and monstrously arrogant elitists.

So what I'm seeing here is that IOWA didn't approve it. Rather, Iowa had it forced on them by a handful of lawyers in robes who think their moral superiority trumps the law and the will of every other person living in the state.

They'd have been better off with the dumb pig farmers than the even dumber and monstrously arrogant elitists.

Um ... yeah ... no, they just saw the flaw in making marriage a religious matter most likely and decided that it is now a legal matter, and legal matters are not suppose to be influenced by religious ideals.

I take it some of us are unfamiliar with even basic concepts of political theory? Tyranny of the majority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WRONG Dumb Ass, the Courts keep thwarting the will of the people on spurious grounds. The people of Iowa did NOT approve same sex marriages you retard.

There's the flaw, it's a contract and the law has to enforce contracts, but at the same time the law is not allowed to discriminate on which contracts it enforces so they just made a wise ruling to make certain the people don't have to worry about their religious idiocies. What angers people like you is that you can no longer use the laws in these places to push your ignorant religious ideals into the legal contracts.

WRONG Dumb Ass, the Courts keep thwarting the will of the people on spurious grounds. The people of Iowa did NOT approve same sex marriages you retard.

There's the flaw, it's a contract and the law has to enforce contracts, but at the same time the law is not allowed to discriminate on which contracts it enforces so they just made a wise ruling to make certain the people don't have to worry about their religious idiocies. What angers people like you is that you can no longer use the laws in these places to push your ignorant religious ideals into the legal contracts.

I truly hope the people of Iowa demand and get a Constitutional Amendment like in California. So people like you can claim the people have no right to make those decisions.

I truly hope the people of Iowa demand and get a Constitutional Amendment like in California. So people like you can claim the people have no right to make those decisions.

The sad thing is that the religious wingnuts like you should be happy that you don't have deal with it, since no matter what side you take you are breaking your own religious ideology. This would take that hypocrisy of yours off your chests, because then you can rest easy knowing that you just followed the laws of the land (as you are commanded to do just as much as religious laws). But instead you internalize it and turn it as a weapon to attack the government when the government is actually stepping out of our lives more when they rule like this. By forcing marriage to adhere to such specific standards you are asking for them to rule your lives more. You don't want the government out of your lives though, you just want them to enforce only your misguided ideals.

Forum List

Back