SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
SpidermanTUba in Exile

75% Oppose Release of Guantanamo Inmates in the US
This is a response to IbalLSUfaninVA's post here

LINK

I think if you would have phrased the question "Should we keep people who have committed no crime locked up indefinitely because no country wants to take them", you would have gotten a different response. I don't think we should release them, either, I think we should give them each $100,000 for each year we've unjustly kept them locked up and instead of "releasing them into the U.S." we should put them on a private plane, and then on a limo, to the U.S. location of their choice, and offer them free security details for the next 10 years to ensure no idiot rednecks decide to kill them.

That's what I think. But then again, I guess I hate America since I don't want to keep innocents locked up for the rest of their lives simply because its unpopular to "release" them.

SpidermanTUba in Exile

Its a bit of a jump to call Gitmo prisoner's innocent men; and the original poll report was

"75% Oppose Release of Guantanamo Inmates in the United States"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...se_of_guantanamo_inmates_in_the_united_states

Which is also a bit different than say they want them kept locked up.

But I also found it somewhat disturbing that a large portion of the American public had no problem with folks being locked up indefinitely just on the basis of accusations without trials or proof.

• Banned
SpidermanTUba in Exile

Its a bit of a jump to call Gitmo prisoner's innocent men; and the original poll report was

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

But I also found it somewhat disturbing that a large portion of the American public had no problem with folks being locked up indefinitely just on the basis of accusations without trials or proof.

I know it may sound a bit hokey, but I'm of the belief that one is innocent until proven guilty.

Do you have any other ideas on how to destoy America?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
SpidermanTUba in Exile

I know it may sound a bit hokey, but I'm of the belief that one is innocent until proven guilty.

very true....if you are american and are on trial for a crime committed in america breaking american law.....

the gitmo folks.......not so much.....

• Banned

very true....if you are american and are on trial for a crime committed in america breaking american law.....

I think I know my own beliefs better than you, thank you. I'm of the belief one is innocent until proven guilty regardless of national origin or present geographic location.

And sorry, but due process under the Constitution isn't restricted to only Americans. You must be either be completely ignorant of the law or lying.

I think I know my own beliefs better than you, thank you. I'm of the belief one is innocent until proven guilty regardless of national origin or present geographic location.
And sorry, but due process under the Constitution isn't restricted to only Americans. You must be either be completely ignorant of the law or lying.

your opinion is not law.....the constitution does not apply to foreigners committing terrorism on foreign soil.....you must be either be completely ignorant of the law or lying......

• Banned

your opinion is not law.....the constitution does not apply to foreigners committing terrorism on foreign soil.....you must be either be completely ignorant of the law or lying......

Sorry, but you're wrong. I guess you've never heard of Rasul v. Bush. But now you have, so if you continue to insist your falsehood is true, it will be out of stupidity and not ignorance.

www.tubainexile.blogspot.com

SpidermanTUba in Exile

So just let them out and make room for them at your house

So just let them out and make room for them at your house

Sorry, I didn't vote for Bush. I think one of the idiots that caused this mess should have to take them in.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I guess you've never heard of Rasul v. Bush. But now you have, so if you continue to insist your falsehood is true, it will be out of stupidity and not ignorance.

SpidermanTUba in Exile

thanks for the info i stand corrected, sort of..... because they are held in gitmo then they get a trial.....guess that is why oobama wants to hold anyone new on the field of battle...

The sole question before the Supreme Court in this case is whether foreign nationals in Guantanamo Bay may invoke habeas corpus (wrongful detainment) at all. Either U.S. citizenship or court jurisdiction is necessary for this invocation, and since the detainees are not citizens, U.S. court jurisdiction over Guantanamo Bay was at issue. According to the U.S. treaty with Cuba over Guantanamo Bay, the U.S. has "complete jurisdiction" over the base, but Cuba has "ultimate sovereignty." The government alleges that the fact that the treaty says this implies that the courts have no jurisdiction; the detainees argue that regardless of what the treaty says, the U.S. has full legal control in the area and should have jurisdiction.

The sole question before the Supreme Court in this case is whether foreign nationals in Guantanamo Bay may invoke habeas corpus (wrongful detainment) at all. Either U.S. citizenship or court jurisdiction is necessary for this invocation, and since the detainees are not citizens, U.S. court jurisdiction over Guantanamo Bay was at issue. According to the U.S. treaty with Cuba over Guantanamo Bay, the U.S. has "complete jurisdiction" over the base, but Cuba has "ultimate sovereignty." The government alleges that the fact that the treaty says this implies that the courts have no jurisdiction; the detainees argue that regardless of what the treaty says, the U.S. has full legal control in the area and should have jurisdiction.

which at the end of the day makes us both right ...their rights were obtained via treaty ....

Rasul v. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We should keep those men locked up who opposed our imperialist efforts to take over their nations.

Darn them!

How dare the Iraqis and Afghans tell us what to do in their countries. The nerve!

Their rights weren't obtained by treaty - the U.S. Courts have jurisdiction over any area the U.S. has jurisdiction, regardless of how or why we have jurisdiction, whether it be because of a treaty, or because its our sovereign land, or whatever.

Outside of the U.S. Law argument - its all just wrong to keep people locked up indefinitely without trial. its against everything our Founding Fathers stood for.

www.tubainexile.blogspot.com

Their rights weren't obtained by treaty - the U.S. Courts have jurisdiction over any area the U.S. has jurisdiction, regardless of how or why we have jurisdiction, whether it be because of a treaty, or because its our sovereign land, or whatever.
Outside of the U.S. Law argument - its all just wrong to keep people locked up indefinitely without trial. its against everything our Founding Fathers stood for.
SpidermanTUba in Exile

i just read what you told me to read....it is because of substantial control of the land they were on and that was achieved via treaty......

in a time of war you keep pows till the war is over....but these folks ain't pows because they are with no country......they are either terrorists or spies and should be dealt with as terrorists or spies.....

Forum List

Back