Intruder Calls 911 on Homeowner while Hiding, Afraid they have Guns.

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

A man called 911 to say there was a burglary in progress and he wanted police to come protect him. The caller, however, was the alleged intruder.

Timothy James Chapek, 24, had allegedly broken into a home in Portland, Ore., and was taking a shower in the house when the woman who lived there returned about 7 p.m. Monday, according to police.

Chapek leaped into the bathroom, locked the door and called 911. "I just broke into a house and the owners came home...I think they have guns," he told the operator according to the 911 audio tapes.

Home Intruder Calls 911 on Homeowner After Being Caught Showering - ABC News

Dumbass.

In the comments section people are angry at ABC for laughing and joking about this story, compares such to bullying.

Shame on ABC news for poking fun at what might quite possibly be mental illness. I was upset with the laughing and joking about this story. Quite ironic that the piece you chose to air before this segment was of the Obama's anti-bullying campaign. Maybe their campaign should stretch past the schools and into the local and national media? What I saw this morning was nothing more than media bullying. Where is your compassion as journalists? There is nothing funny about mental illness. Please take the time to research the subject and report to the public to better educate our judgemental society on mental illness like we do on cancer and aids. Like it or not, they are all illnesses that require medical attention. Loyalviewe

CaféAuLait;6623692 said:

A man called 911 to say there was a burglary in progress and he wanted police to come protect him. The caller, however, was the alleged intruder.

Timothy James Chapek, 24, had allegedly broken into a home in Portland, Ore., and was taking a shower in the house when the woman who lived there returned about 7 p.m. Monday, according to police.

Chapek leaped into the bathroom, locked the door and called 911. "I just broke into a house and the owners came home...I think they have guns," he told the operator according to the 911 audio tapes.

Home Intruder Calls 911 on Homeowner After Being Caught Showering - ABC News

Dumbass.

Freaking awesome story.

Forum List

Back