Intolerance? Guess It Depends On What One Is Asking For

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Great post here, it's not from the 'right':

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » DENIED: Bigotry of the Obamatrons

DENIED: Bigotry of the Obamatrons
by Charles Winecoff

Recently, at the office (a place I sometimes affectionately refer to as Obama Central), I made the mistake of printing out a Washington Post editorial that questioned the foreign policy expertise of our new Commander-in-Chief. By the time I got to the printer to pick it up, someone else had already seen it - and stamped “DENIED” across the top of the page in red ink. Next to that was scrawled, “RIGHT WINGER GO HOME.”

The first thing that went through my mind was: cross burnings. The second was: children are evil (my workplace is overrun by hundreds of twentysomethings).

I tried to be rational. Whoever defaced the page had no way of knowing who had printed it out - just as I had no idea who the defacer was - so it wasn’t personal. Still, it was hurtful.

And it was bigoted. The defacer didn’t know anything about me - my political affilitation, my sex, my race, nothing. Die hard Democrats read mainstream editorials, don’t they? So much for the good will of Dave Matthews’s “American Prayer” starring Idi Amin and Perez Hilton - and Michael Moore’s patronizing, post-Election email exhorting his followers to be kind to their Republican friends (as if they have any).

I’ve been the object of hate before. As a teenager, holding my black boyfriend’s hand in Greenwich Village, a truck swerved to hit us while we waited to cross the street. To be honest, I prefer that kind of hate. It’s direct, out in the open, and in response to an action - in that case, our hand-holding - not in response to a thought. Had I committed a hate crime without realizing it?

As I headed back to my office, images of the Ku Klux Klan, going after people they didn’t know in the middle of the night, raced across my brain. Then I had to stop myself. And chuckle. There was no comparison.

But my gut kept telling me there was. Whoever stamped ”DENIED” across my document clearly felt justified in defacing it. Though petty, this was a hostile act - another tiny blow in the insidious war on free thought. And one thing I’ve noticed in the stifling PC smog of LA: the Obama generation doesn’t think twice about openly ridiculing folks who don’t follow in lockstep. They’re still acting like there’s a Texan in the White House. They can’t let go. They don’t want to. Because, like the believers of a certain 7th century ideology that’s made a big comeback in recent years, their objective is not, despite claims to the contrary, to coexist. To quote Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett, it’s “to rule.”

Instead of gossiping at the water cooler, today’s privileged jugend hover in packs around TV monitors to mock the usual suspects - poor old Sarah Palin, the Tea Partiers, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Miss California (chivalry is deader than dead). Together, they telegraph their warning to anyone who might disagree: don’t.

They believe Loose Change is an important documentary, Al Franken a natural for the Senate, and Arlen Specter a hero. They judge people not for their principles or achievements, but by the letter that comes after their name. The one coworker I saw who dared walk the Yes We Can-festooned halls in a McCain T-shirt last fall got singled out by a supervisor (”Are you serious?”). The answer? Of course not - the tee had been donned as a joke.....

The Obamanators are a peculiar species of humanity indeed. They will tolerate about anything but those who disagree with them.

So a couple of big fans of something don't play nice with someone who disagree with them, forget politics for a minute, how the hell is this news?

Last edited:
So a couple of big fans of something don't play nice with someone who disagree with them, forget politics for a minute, how the hell is this news?

It is hate. It is absolute proof that what the right is saying about the intolerance and hate of the left is TRUE. But hey lets just let this hate go by, this intolerance pass, cause after all, the left does know what is best for all us brainwashed ignorant red necks after all.

It is hate. It is absolute proof that what the right is saying about the intolerance and hate of the left is TRUE. But hey lets just let this hate go by, this intolerance pass, cause after all, the left does know what is best for all us brainwashed ignorant red necks after all.

No, it's proof that someone has no sense of humor.

This is proof that newspapers reserve the right to decide what editorial slant they're going to publish.

That's all this is.

Or do any of you think FOX news is under some obligation to let EDITEC publish his thoughts about the world on their programs?

And if they do not, are they then INTOLERANT?

Well of course they are...as is their RIGHT.

WHat are you talking about, Edit? That has nothing to do with this.

Father time, what do you mean a couple, there are thousands of Obamanators about the country. they aren't reasonable they aren't interested in debate, THEY BELIEVE in Obama and act as if the fact that THEY BELIEVE means everything and hence they have the same reaction to things that challengge THEIR BELIEFS, pretty much the same way the Catholic Inquistion did some centuries back. To be sure currently there methods are a bit differnt but give them time and a bit more power...

Nope you are just blind Ravi but we already knew that. Probably has to do with that forest trees thing. When you are personally part of the problem it is damn hard to recognize that there is a problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
That reads like fiction, a little too strong. People, not libs or cons, tend to be pretty intolerant, and it is striking when you see any type of "kill for peace" hypocrisy.

I've met libs who thought they were PERFECTLY correct to be intolerant of those who disagree with their holy agenda because the holy agenda was crushing intolerance itself, so it's ok to have a bit of collateral damage. That is not the average democrat that one meets at work, though.

by Charles Winecoff

Recently, at the office (a place I sometimes affectionately refer to as Obama Central), I made the mistake of printing out a Washington Post editorial that questioned the foreign policy expertise of our new Commander-in-Chief. By the time I got to the printer to pick it up, someone else had already seen it - and stamped “DENIED” across the top of the page in red ink. Next to that was scrawled, “RIGHT WINGER GO HOME.”

The first thing that went through my mind was: cross burnings. The second was: children are evil (my workplace is overrun by hundreds of twentysomethings).

I tried to be rational. Whoever defaced the page had no way of knowing who had printed it out - just as I had no idea who the defacer was - so it wasn’t personal. Still, it was hurtful.

And it was bigoted. The defacer didn’t know anything about me - my political affilitation, my sex, my race, nothing. Die hard Democrats read mainstream editorials, don’t they? So much for the good will of Dave Matthews’s “American Prayer” starring Idi Amin and Perez Hilton - and Michael Moore’s patronizing, post-Election email exhorting his followers to be kind to their Republican friends (as if they have any).

I’ve been the object of hate before. As a teenager, holding my black boyfriend’s hand in Greenwich Village, a truck swerved to hit us while we waited to cross the street. To be honest, I prefer that kind of hate. It’s direct, out in the open, and in response to an action - in that case, our hand-holding - not in response to a thought. Had I committed a hate crime without realizing it?

As I headed back to my office, images of the Ku Klux Klan, going after people they didn’t know in the middle of the night, raced across my brain. Then I had to stop myself. And chuckle. There was no comparison.

But my gut kept telling me there was. Whoever stamped ”DENIED” across my document clearly felt justified in defacing it. Though petty, this was a hostile act - another tiny blow in the insidious war on free thought. And one thing I’ve noticed in the stifling PC smog of LA: the Obama generation doesn’t think twice about openly ridiculing folks who don’t follow in lockstep. They’re still acting like there’s a Texan in the White House. They can’t let go. They don’t want to. Because, like the believers of a certain 7th century ideology that’s made a big comeback in recent years, their objective is not, despite claims to the contrary, to coexist. To quote Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett, it’s “to rule.”

Instead of gossiping at the water cooler, today’s privileged jugend hover in packs around TV monitors to mock the usual suspects - poor old Sarah Palin, the Tea Partiers, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Miss California (chivalry is deader than dead). Together, they telegraph their warning to anyone who might disagree: don’t.

They believe Loose Change is an important documentary, Al Franken a natural for the Senate, and Arlen Specter a hero. They judge people not for their principles or achievements, but by the letter that comes after their name. The one coworker I saw who dared walk the Yes We Can-festooned halls in a McCain T-shirt last fall got singled out by a supervisor (”Are you serious?”). The answer? Of course not - the tee had been donned as a joke.....

Was printing Washington Post editorials part of the job description? I doubt it. Still, the other person should not have written “RIGHT WINGER GO HOME”. Thirdly, such a person is no more representative of an Obama supporter than is a loud obstructive protestor at a Planned Parenthood clinic representative of a Christians. Can we stop with the gross generalizations?

When the same level of intolerance and hatred is shown by the right...what does that say?

In short, as FatherTime pointed out - forget politics, get over the persecution complex, and face reality - it's human nature.

by Charles Winecoff

To be honest - this sounds a lot more like sour grapes then genuine intolerance. There's a lot to be read between the lines about the author's own not-so-hidden bias.

by Charles Winecoff

To be honest - this sounds a lot more like sour grapes then genuine intolerance. There's a lot to be read between the lines about the author's own not-so-hidden bias.

Ya cause well a right winger would work there , right? You people are amazing. Editec claims that someone researching something is being told not to WRITE something, when it was not that at all. A copy of an article at a copier is NOT a story submission to an editor.

You are claiming that the person doing the research was somehow secretly a right winger.

You fit right in with the intolerant assholes from the left around here.

Ever been to daily KosMoveon.org or Huffingtonpost? Read it with an honest eye if you can and then tell me that those people aren't the biggest hate mongers on the web and that most of them all but worship the ground Obama walks on. It's freaking distrubing. I've been into politics for more than forty years and I've never seen anything in this country that comes close to the Idolatry many of those on the left give Obama and their flat out refusal to even try to coherently defend policies rather than attack those who disagree with said policies.

Oh noes...someone told a right winger to go home. How terribly hateful. How very mean and spiteful. Here, let me get you a tissue so you can cry your eyes out.

Disliking someone for their views is not bigoted. Nor is it "hateful".

My guess is he made the entire thing up.

Obamatrons? Sounds to me like he is the bigot.

FAIL!

ROFLMNAO...

Did anyone else get the impression that this comment, which seeks to deny the character represented in the OP, as being a CLASSIC example of precisely the same intolerance?

And here's another one...

Oh noes...someone told a right winger to go home. How terribly hateful. How very mean and spiteful. Here, let me get you a tissue so you can cry your eyes out.

Disliking someone for their views is not bigoted. Nor is it "hateful".

And... uh... FTR:

big·ot [bíggət]
(plural big·ots)
n
intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views

hate [hayt]
v (past and past participle hat·ed, present participle hat·ing, 3rd person present singular hates)
1. vt dislike somebody or something intensely: to dislike somebody or something intensely, often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

LOL... you can't make this crap up...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back