Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages

Lisa works at a deli counter. She is paying off student loan debt. Lisa has a college education. If Lisa thought that TWO YEARS of slinging sliced meat was a career path for a college grad she was wrong. Is this Wal Mart's fault? No. Lisa can be replaced by someone else who doesn't have a college degree and is happy to have a job. Lisa thinks that slinging sliced meat deserves more money. She is wrong.

She is entitled to more than $9 an hour. Unfortunately for her, employees in the US have no rights at all.

Show us the math that proves she's worth more than $9.00/hr.

No, according to the article, Bernie Sanders made the claim. "Politifact" should be named "Politifarce." None of these so-called "fact checking" sites are any more credible than the obviously biased political sites. Many of them are funded by left-wing organizations.

Last edited:
Says "Bernie Sanders." Real credible source, there.

Says Politifact...they rated it True.

No, according to the article, Bernie Sanders made the claim. "Politifact" should be named "Politifarce." None of these so-called "fact checking" sites are any more credible than the obviously biased political sites. Many of them are funded by left-wing organizations.

Good for you! You found the "attack the messenger" way of doing business. Naturally you can't prove their data wrong in any way though can you? No, because it is true. Six people own more wealth than 49 million families.

I understand WHY you don't like it. Income inequality matters.

Says "Bernie Sanders." Real credible source, there.

Says Politifact...they rated it True.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

When I see your consistent drone, it reminds me of lonesome George Gobel:

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

I would GLADLY pay more if it meant the employees were able to afford the rent and groceries.

Typical Yanks like yourself don't give a shit about the employees though. All you lot care is buying cheap shit.

No you wouldn't LOL

But its funny you think anyone believes you

You would be wrong. I shop at Target and Kmart quite happily - because over here, those workers are paid more than DOUBLE what your employees get at those stores.

So stick that up your bum.

Double?

really?

They when aren't all the Walmart people lined up to work there?

No you wouldn't LOL

But its funny you think anyone believes you

You would be wrong. I shop at Target and Kmart quite happily - because over here, those workers are paid more than DOUBLE what your employees get at those stores.

So stick that up your bum.

Double?

really?

They when aren't all the Walmart people lined up to work there?
Well, as for Target - Australia:

PayScale Australia - Target Corporation Employer Wages, Hourly Wage Rate

and Wal-Mart - Australia

PayScale Australia - Wal-Mart Stores, Inc Employer Salary, Average Salaries

I don't know how you sleep nights.:D

If folks don't want to work at Wal Mart they are free to go elsewhere.

Free country after all.

Blaming WALMART for taking advantage of the labor market AND the worthless laws this nation has in place is rather silly.

WALMART can pay its people less than a living wage because CONGRESS and the MASTERS have crafted this economy to make labor nearly worthless.

WALMART did not create those conditions, it merely exploits them.

This hatred for WALMART is one of those issues where I depart ways with most of my fellow lefties.

While I join them in finding this situation disgusting, I think we need to lay the blame on the people who made it possible.

OUR OWN CONGRESS.

Blaming WALMART for taking advantage of the labor market AND the worthless laws this nation has in place is rather silly.

WALMART can pay its people less than a living wage because CONGRESS and the MASTERS have crafted this economy to make labor nearly worthless.

WALMART did not create those conditions, it merely exploits them.

This hatred for WALMART is one of those issues where I depart ways with most of my fellow lefties.

While I join them in finding this situation disgusting, I think we need to lay the blame on the people who made it possible.

OUR OWN CONGRESS.

What a total fucking moron you are to believe this shit

Move to Liberia, they pay living wages over there

God Bless Sam Walton and Walmart. A real American success story

Sam Walton was the epitome of what's wrong with the business culture. His motto based on his business behavior seems to have been, "Ethics and morality be damned, if it ain't against the law, and there's a buck to be made..I am making it".

Sam Walton was the epitome of what's wrong with the business culture. His motto based on his business behavior seems to have been, "Ethics and morality be damned, if it ain't against the law, and there's a buck to be made..I am making it".

You don't know the first thing about Sam Walton or Walmart.

You don't know the first thing about Sam Walton or Walmart.

You forget where I worked.

:lol:

NYSE, New York Stock Exchange > Listings > Listings Directory Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

What do you do for a living?

Why does the right wing support lower wages for workers when this only means our gvt, our taxes will end up being the ones that support these workers with food stamps etc?

Why do you want our government to basically give corporate welfare to these mega corporations for their employees....

If corporations like Walmart paid their employees ENOUGH in the first place, to where the employees do not qualify for gvt assistance, we wouldn't have a welfare problem....

so essentially, the gvt is funding the employees of these corporations FOR the corporation.

By Alice Hines and Christina Wilkie

Two years ago, when she started working at the deli counter of a Walmart in Illinois, Lisa hoped that her job would amount to the beginning of a career, one that would pay enough to cover her bills and enable her to stay current on her student loan debt.

But despite one raise since, Lisa, who asked that only her first name be used, now earns just $9.10 an hour, or about $13,000 a year on part-time hours. Seven months pregnant, she recently filed for bankruptcy. With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

"I don’t have underwear without holes in them," she said. "Everyone at work wears T-shirts that are threadbare. I have just enough to eat and get gas to make it to work for the next two weeks."

Lisa's experience sheds light on why a group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores next week on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages.

More: Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement

With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

Funny....most people would consider working PART TIME
to be a "dead end" to poverty...call us silly I guess......

Walmart is paying Over $688 towards Lisa's retirement and medical care.
Walmart also pays taxes.
Taxes that pay for the following FREE services for Lisa...

Lifeline Assistance Get a Free Phone & Monthly Plan. See if You Qualify for One Today! Lifeline Cell Phone Service Provider | Assurance Wireless
2012 Grants Grant Funding May Be Available See If You Qualify! Online Degrees - Online Healthcare, Online Business Degrees, Online Psychology, Online Criminal Justice
Free Cell & Min. Program 250 Free Minutes, No contracts, No Credit Checks, No Fees. www.SafeLinkWireless.com
Find Affordable 2-4 Bedroom Houses. Starting At $299 A Mo. Search Now! ForCheap.com
She also gets up to $2,400 in free food!
She get's free health care.
If she's not getting it she is NOT one of the 50 million that are!!!

No they don't you dumbfuck.

They DODGE taxes!!

Wal-Mart

YOU ARE THE dumbf...k!

Obviously YOU Don't know that ANY employer under IRS penalty pays the following PAYROLL TAXES!
Social security payment for EACH employee 6.2%
Medicare payment 1.45%
Federal Unemployment Taxes which YOU dumbfu...k obviously NEVER knew that TAX pays the unemployment CHECKS@@@ dumbf...K!

THEY pay $5.8 billion a year on 2,200,000 employees at an average of say $20,000 per employee !

AND if they didn't they'd be in JAIL you dumb f...k!!!!!

Why does the right wing support lower wages for workers when this only means our gvt, our taxes will end up being the ones that support these workers with food stamps etc?

Why do you want our government to basically give corporate welfare to these mega corporations for their employees....

If corporations like Walmart paid their employees ENOUGH in the first place, to where the employees do not qualify for gvt assistance, we wouldn't have a welfare problem....

so essentially, the gvt is funding the employees of these corporations FOR the corporation.

then you all should start your own businesses and pay YOUR employees what you believe is enough..AND no one is forcing these people to go on government assistance..it used to be they had pride and worked a second job if they couldn't PAY THEIR BILLS

Forum List

Back