Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages

Why does the right wing support lower wages for workers when this only means our gvt, our taxes will end up being the ones that support these workers with food stamps etc?

Why do you want our government to basically give corporate welfare to these mega corporations for their employees....

If corporations like Walmart paid their employees ENOUGH in the first place, to where the employees do not qualify for gvt assistance, we wouldn't have a welfare problem....

so essentially, the gvt is funding the employees of these corporations FOR the corporation.

The problem with Walmart is the problem with business in general. And it's folly to think that business people could or would effectively run government. Many government function have been put into place because of the deficit left by low wages.

And this was implemented most strikingly by FDR. Who saw, that in a country so gifted with wealth, that there was deep poverty. And those in poverty where there through no fault of their own.

That paradigm shifted notably with Reagan. Who cut taxes and regulations. The result? Bailouts, low wages, exploitation, deficits and high debt. Bush senior and Clinton spent most of their administrations cleaning up the Reagan mess.

Then George W. Bush came along and dashed the whole thing again.

You'd think Business leaders, once they got what they wanted, low taxes and regulation, would become a bit more equitable with the profits. But the opposite happens. They hoard the cash, look for ways to cut heads and invent schemes to divorce people from their money.

Well I have lived in St. Petersburg fl area and I KNOW that Politifact is Owned by the St. Petes Times.
Which is OWNED by the NON-profit, (meaning they pay NO taxes by the way!!!) Poynter Institute.

As a result of living and reading that paper everyday I KNOW politifact is extremely biased!
I've asked them several times to explain how there can be 50 million "uninsured" WHEN:
1) 10 million counted as "uninsured" ARE NOT AMERICANS!
2) 14 million counted as uninsured are ALREADY covered ARE COVERED by MEDICAID!!!
3) 18 million included in the uninsured ARE people that pay their own and DON"T WANT or Need insurance..

That leaves 8 million that could EASILY be covered if the $100 billion lawyers earn was taxed at 10%!
Simple. Everytime an uninsured goes to hospital they are registered and hospital sends claim to insurance company!
As a result NO PADDING AND passing on the hospitals "unreimbursed" costs!

Two benefits then:
$600 billion defensive medicine costs because fear of lawsuits is reduced and duplicate tests eliminated!
hospitals won't send 6,000% markups to Medicare/insurance companies in padded and passed costs for uninsured!

We've lost our way as a Nation. Greed is destroying everything. Americans now value money and things, more than they do human beings. We are not living the Christian values Jesus taught us. I just read that Target is now opening on Thanksgiving for the first time. A nice to gift to their Employees for the Holidays huh? But hey, gotta get that cash right?

It's never enough money. We as Americans always demand more. But money really isn't everything. There are more important things. Some nations have figured that out. But unfortunately, we're a long long way from figuring it out. And on a side note, i bet those high-ranking Target & WalMart Execs will be off on Thanksgiving enjoying time with their families. But I guess the slaves don't deserve such time with their families. Greed, it's all about the greed.

Last edited:
Walmart is merely a reflection of what our nation has become. They shouldn't be singled out as uniquely 'Evil.' They are America. It's 'F-U, i'm gonna get mine!' It's all in the Bible for anyone who's interested. Greed can destroy individuals, and entire nations. Keep that in mind as you observe grown adults beating each other senseless for TV's and toys this Black Friday. We have lost our way.

The stores are just answering the needs of the public. This went on years ago, same thing, when stores first started opening on Sunday. Those greedy store owners forcing employees to work on Sunday. How dare they. Today a store that doesn't open on Sunday is shoving unwanted religion down the unwilling throats of employees who want the money made by working Sunday.

Is Thanksgiving a religious holiday? Is Christmas? A nation that prides itself on moving to the secular column wouldn't have such holidays to begin with. It's a regular workday, right? Isn't that so? People who don't believe in giving Thanks to God want to go shopping.

Why does the right wing support lower wages for workers when this only means our gvt, our taxes will end up being the ones that support these workers with food stamps etc?

Why do you want our government to basically give corporate welfare to these mega corporations for their employees....

If corporations like Walmart paid their employees ENOUGH in the first place, to where the employees do not qualify for gvt assistance, we wouldn't have a welfare problem....

so essentially, the gvt is funding the employees of these corporations FOR the corporation.

then you all should start your own businesses and pay YOUR employees what you believe is enough..AND no one is forcing these people to go on government assistance..it used to be they had pride and worked a second job if they couldn't PAY THEIR BILLS

Because that's the American dream, isn't it? To work 18 hours a day to put food on the table.
Thank fuck I don't live over there. I'm happy to be able to live comfortably off a casual wage - $16.72 an hour. That's probably a wage unheard of for most Americans.

The stores are just answering the needs of the public. This went on years ago, same thing, when stores first started opening on Sunday. Those greedy store owners forcing employees to work on Sunday. How dare they. Today a store that doesn't open on Sunday is shoving unwanted religion down the unwilling throats of employees who want the money made by working Sunday.

Is Thanksgiving a religious holiday? Is Christmas? A nation that prides itself on moving to the secular column wouldn't have such holidays to begin with. It's a regular workday, right? Isn't that so? People who don't believe in giving Thanks to God want to go shopping.

Praise be the almighty Dollar. That's all most Americans worship at this point. Greed destroys. There really are more important things than money. It's time this country figured that out. Some countries around the world have, and their people are much happier.

This is a pretty ditzy statement on two counts. First, the level of government assistance is not the responsibility of the employer, that is squarely the responsibility of the government. Second, government expenditures would be much higher if these jobs did not exist.

Any business that pays for labor more than the market will bear is doomed for failure. You could easily argue that entitlements should be cut thereby forcing the potential workforce to accept lower wages and bringing down government expenditures. It is the mirror opposite of your argument and no less valid.

74726_559099140773557_379043487_n.jpg

then you all should start your own businesses and pay YOUR employees what you believe is enough..AND no one is forcing these people to go on government assistance..it used to be they had pride and worked a second job if they couldn't PAY THEIR BILLS

Because that's the American dream, isn't it? To work 18 hours a day to put food on the table.
Thank fuck I don't live over there. I'm happy to be able to live comfortably off a casual wage - $16.72 an hour. That's probably a wage unheard of for most Americans.

the American dream was coming here AND BEING FREE to make YOUR OWN WAY no matter what that took..not demand everyone OWES you something and then go suck off the taxpayers instead or what YOU think a dream SHOULD BE..and aren't you just special making 16 dollars an hour. You're going to try and tell us that is the wage everyone makes?

Last edited:
No regard for fellow Citizens and their families. But that's to be expected in a nation that only cares about money. Jesus is certainly not approving of what's become of our nation. 'F-U, i'm gonna get mine!' is the root of all our problems. Large Global Corporations like Target and Walmart are not gonna go under if they close on Thanksgiving. In fact, it would likely benefit them in the long-run. Happier Employees make for better Employees. Close on Sundays and Holidays. Restore America to its once honorable & righteous self.

You actually live on $16.72/hr?

Don't work at WalMart.. problem solved!

You're welcome.

No, the problem isn't solved. It's not that simple. You just have the same 'F-U!' mentality so many other Americans have. It's that mentality that has led to all this anger & bitterness. The Slaves are in revolt. Now they're saying 'F-U!' to people like you. And they're not going away. In fact, their numbers are only growing. It's what happens when you push the Slaves too far.

It's happened all throughout time & history. The Slaves want their's now. And you're just gonna have to deal with that reality. Just a little compassion goes a long long way. And so many in this country have abandoned compassion and have chosen greed. Well, there's a price to pay for greed. The Helots are rising. And they're here to stay.

Last edited:

the American dream was coming here AND BEING FREE to make YOUR OWN WAY no matter what that took..not demand everyone OWES you something and then go suck off the taxpayers instead or what YOU think a dream SHOULD BE..and aren't you just special making 16 dollars an hour. You're going to try and tell us that is the wage everyone makes?

Its a decent wage, what people should be making, instead of earning two bucks and hour and having to beg total strangers for tips.

If I was the CEO of wallmart-- I'd replace the check out booths(human) with those new self check out(robot like) check outs. Maybe 2/3rds of them.

This would make me capable of paying the 1/3rds more and still make money.

Last edited:
Don't work at WalMart.. problem solved!

You're welcome.

No, the problem isn't solved. It's not that simple. You just have the same 'F-U!' mentality so many other Americans have. It's that mentality that has led to all this anger & bitterness. The Slaves are in revolt. Now they're saying 'F-U!' to people like you. And they're not going away. In fact, their numbers are only growing. It's what happens when you push the Slaves too far.

It's happened all throughout time & history. The Slaves want their's now. And you're just gonna have to deal with that reality. Just a little compassion goes a long long way. And so many in this country have abandoned compassion and have chosen greed. Well, there's a price to pay for greed. The Helots are rising. And they're here to stay.

signature.jpg

Forum List

Back