Interesting take on the Ft. Hood tragedy

I'm thinking that the point is not that we should treat muslims in the military like we treat gays in the military...but rather that we should treat gays in the military the way we treat muslims in the military.

Acceptance.

The email could have gone that way, but thats definitely not the tone I read in it. The whole thing about FBI watch lists, allowing them to go to the 7-11, etc.

Thank you. FINALLY someone who got the message and didn't try to analyze it as either being for or against Muslims. I should have clarified from the outset that this person is probably one of the kindest, non-bigot I've ever known.

He is a middle-aged gay man who has been with the same partner for 20 years, very successful businessman, and never ruffled feathers over his sexual identity, and is as patriotic as any of us. Nor does he condemn Muslims. Like any thinking person, he knows that ALL Muslims cannot be judged by the actions of the radicals.

His point was simply the hypocritical nature of what is considered "dangerous" by our government to our country's security.

That said, even though this major was on the FBI's watch list, no one could have predicted that he would do something as insane as this. So my own feeling is that the man was deeply disturbed anyway, and would have had serious mental problems even if he had NOT been a Muslim.

BULLSHIT. Posting on radical websites, attempting to convert those victimized by Muslims to Islam, BEGGING to be released from service...

Anyone could predict this guy was a threat. My fucking 6 y.o. could.

Apparently Hasan was ridiculed because he was Islamic. That is happening far too much in this country, and tragically, he was unable to deal with it. He was born in the US and deserved the same amount of respect as any other citizen. I have known muslim doctors and engineers who are citizens and working in the US and they are just trying to live in peace.

Sure.

But there are many Muslims who are living in peace until they get the signal to establish Islam as a world wide power, and they will obediently do their part in that. Their specialty might not be throwing bombs or shooting. It might be through giving money to those who do.

Regardless, this guy didn't crack because he was made fun of. It's never been established that he was harassed. He was a doctor and an officer. Those guys don't get a lot of flack. He joined the Army so they'd pay for his education. They did, then he wanted out because he didn't want to, nor did he have any intention of, treating soldiers who were fighting against fanatics. He was vocal about this, it isn't in question. He was reprimanded for trying to convert the poor slobs with PTSD from their time dealing with nutjobs overseas to ISLAM.

He should have been thrown out then. He received a bad evaluation because he wasn't doing his job. He should have been thrown out then when they realized he wasn't doing his job because he fucking hated the people he was treating.

He wasn't a victim. Kindly quit portraying him as one. He was another Muslim nutjob.

He also spent six years at Walter Reed, and God knows the horror stories he may have heard. As I said, if the guy was teetering on the brink of insanity anyway, who knows what might have pushed him over the top?

The email could have gone that way, but thats definitely not the tone I read in it. The whole thing about FBI watch lists, allowing them to go to the 7-11, etc.

Thank you. FINALLY someone who got the message and didn't try to analyze it as either being for or against Muslims. I should have clarified from the outset that this person is probably one of the kindest, non-bigot I've ever known.

He is a middle-aged gay man who has been with the same partner for 20 years, very successful businessman, and never ruffled feathers over his sexual identity, and is as patriotic as any of us. Nor does he condemn Muslims. Like any thinking person, he knows that ALL Muslims cannot be judged by the actions of the radicals.

His point was simply the hypocritical nature of what is considered "dangerous" by our government to our country's security.

That said, even though this major was on the FBI's watch list, no one could have predicted that he would do something as insane as this. So my own feeling is that the man was deeply disturbed anyway, and would have had serious mental problems even if he had NOT been a Muslim.

BULLSHIT. Posting on radical websites, attempting to convert those victimized by Muslims to Islam, BEGGING to be released from service...

Anyone could predict this guy was a threat. My fucking 6 y.o. could.

My point is the guy apparently LEARNED to be a fundamentalist somwhere along the line. He was born in the U.S. and not brought up in poverty which is where so many of the fanatics start their "careers" in violence against "infidels." I'll be interested to know what he was exposed to, if that ever comes out.

I'm not defending his actions, by the way.

Everybody learns to be who they are.

Given his family's vehement defense of him and the lies they've told about him being "targeted", I'd say he probably learned it from them. You can't tell me they weren't aware that he wanted out, that he was radical. He was outspoken regarding his desire to leave the military, and extremely verbal about his stance regarding our military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He's a learned individual. Not a vacuum-brained adolescent. He made a choice to be who he is.

Everybody learns to be who they are.

Given his family's vehement defense of him and the lies they've told about him being "targeted", I'd say he probably learned it from them. You can't tell me they weren't aware that he wanted out, that he was radical. He was outspoken regarding his desire to leave the military, and extremely verbal about his stance regarding our military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He's a learned individual. Not a vacuum-brained adolescent. He made a choice to be who he is.

I thought that was my point.

We already have openly gay in the military, we have a completely gay branch of the military, its called the navy.

Of course this had nothing to do with religion, this tragedy happened because its the USA's fault, we are just a terrible nation, listen to Obama, he says it all the time.

So we must apologize for every nation or religion that attacks the USA, its all about the USA always being the bad guys. That is how the liberal/marxist divide the country, with hate.

This is what the Liberal/Marxist was taught in school, to always find a flimsy reason why its the fault of the white americans.

This is a direct result of political correctness and a direct reflection on the leader of the military, Barack Obama. The military is fast falling apart under Obama's leadership.

All officers are promoted by Congress. Congress is also directly connected to this. Maybe someone else can explain this a bit better, I out the door for work, but the fact remains as a Senator Obama is also responsible. Congress must approve or confirm all Officers in the military.

A crazy post here. I'm thinking that maybe...to be on the safe side...the FBI should pull this poster from their place of employment until they can be absolutely sure he won't go postal on everyone.

deleted-del

Its nice to see that while Obama is president his supporters will suggest arresting private citizens for free speech.

Nice Marxist idea, I will be sure to watch my criticism. I can see how the Holocaust happened, I can actually witness the same mentality, the same human nature, of the people who committed the holocaust, scary, I thought the holocaust was more of a lack of education but instead I see its simple human nature.

Obama supporters are scary people.

Blindly defending those who kill americans and than suggesting the FBI arrest those who question where this country is heading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I've missed something (working last two days) but where was it reported he was on the FBI watch list? And the last I saw, it was being said that him yelling to allah was not confirmed.

constantly promoting him even though he was on the FBI's watch list...allowing him to show up at the local 7-11 in full Muslim attire - a person who will an hour later go on a shooting spree shouting "Power to Allah" - and he got to where he was freely because what made HIM different was only his RELIGIOUS views

Allowing? WTF is up with that bullshit?

"Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire Thursday, said Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the base commander."

That's good enough for me. I don't put much faith in "commanding officers" confirming it.

Fort Hood suspect said his goodbyes before rampage - Yahoo! News

He no doubt expected to be killed. Giving away his possessions, leaving that message to a friend, etc.

As far as the FBI watch list thing... if that is true, how did he manage to legally purchase the guns? Is there a background or waiting period required in TX?

As far as the FBI watch list thing... if that is true, how did he manage to legally purchase the guns? Is there a background or waiting period required in TX?

Remember, this is Texas we're talking about.

"Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire Thursday, said Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the base commander."

That's good enough for me. I don't put much faith in "commanding officers" confirming it.

Fort Hood suspect said his goodbyes before rampage - Yahoo! News

He no doubt expected to be killed. Giving away his possessions, leaving that message to a friend, etc.

Being Muslim does not stop you from buying weapons and who says he JUST bought them? And yes Texas has the EXACT same firearms laws at the Federal level as every other State. What an ignorant question.

You see Emma the wait is a FEDERAL wait not a State wait. It applies in all States and possessions of the United States as it is FEDERAL Law.

Ya cause well Texas just ignores Federal law right dumb ass?

I'm referring to state law. Though considering some of the top politicians in Texas were calling for Texas to secede a little while back, why don't you tell me if they are ready to ignore Federal law.

I'm referring to state law. Though considering some of the top politicians in Texas were calling for Texas to secede a little while back, why don't you tell me if they are ready to ignore Federal law.

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT.

Once again you pea brained DUMB ASS. the waiting period to purchase a handgun is FEDERALLY mandated. All a State can do is INCREASE the waiting period, they can not decrease it in any way.

Now provide some actual evidence that Texas is ignoring Federal law stupid fuck.

Thank you liberals for your draconian gun laws that prevent the innocent from protecting themselves.

Doesn't apply here at all. Fort Hood is a Military reservation, FEDERAL Property. Military bases have strict weapons laws and they are enforced. Further troops in Uniform can not be packing weapons unless they are issued to them and part of their duty requirements. And they sure as hell wouldn't have loaded weapons unless on a live fire exercise, part of a standing security force or team, an MP on duty or on the Range.

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT.

Once again you pea brained DUMB ASS. the waiting period to purchase a handgun is FEDERALLY mandated. All a State can do is INCREASE the waiting period, they can not decrease it in any way.

Now provide some actual evidence that Texas is ignoring Federal law stupid fuck.

I never said the federal laws were different or that they were ignoring federal law. Unless you can point me to otherwise.

They don't prevent me from protecting myself.

Just so you know. We don't all fall lockstep.

Remember, this is Texas we're talking about.

You AGREED with Emma on the question about waiting periods and background checks, you may want to actually pay attention to what you are posting if you want to get into a pissing contest with someone dumb shit.

Now for the liberal spin machine to begin with the claims you did nothing at all.

Forum List

Back