Interesting take on the Ft. Hood tragedy

This headline is misleading as hell. The person that told him he wasn't right was in fact his local religious leader. You wouldn't know that without reading the story though. Further, as I suspected, he WAS reported at school and the PC mentality took over out of fear of seeming to be prejudice

Suspect told 'There's something wrong with you' - Yahoo! News.

From that article, and from a fellow Muslim:

"I told him, `There's something wrong with you,'" Osman Danquah, co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I didn't get the feeling he was talking for himself, but something just didn't seem right." Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates at the Maryland graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint.
Ok. Here's a moderate Muslim who understands that PC BS may have attributed to this crime. But let's not "jump to conclusions". :evil:
Not sure how a cleric would know what was going on in the minds of officers.

What incredibly sloppy reporting.

Are you proving once again what a fucking retard you are? Read the story. The Cleric is the guy he went to talk to on many occasions in Killeen, the Officers are the ones that reported his ass in school only to see no formal charges filed because of a belief that it would look bad filing charges against a Muslim.

No one can understand every thought that goes through the head of the mentally insane or the perfectly sane for that matter. So anything anyone says about him we can chalk up to "sloppy reporting"? Sheeeez. Might as well close the case now. Guy was just a nut. Give him some pills and some counseling.

Ok. Here's a moderate Muslim who understands that PC BS may have attributed to this crime. But let's not "jump to conclusions". :evil:

Are you proving once again what a fucking retard you are? Read the story. The Cleric is the guy he went to talk to on many occasions in Killeen, the Officers are the ones that reported his ass in school only to see no formal charges filed because of a belief that it would look bad filing charges against a Muslim.
No...that's not how it reads. Some unquoted someone claims to have reported him and also claims that the officers were afraid to do anything about it.

Now, if you get the actual officers to state such I'll believe it.

No one can understand every thought that goes through the head of the mentally insane or the perfectly sane for that matter. So anything anyone says about him we can chalk up to "sloppy reporting"? Sheeeez. Might as well close the case now. Guy was just a nut. Give him some pills and some counseling.
The sloppy reporting has nothing to do with his mental state. It is merely sloppy reporting.

btw, Chanel, you're the one that jumped to conclusions. His cleric said no such thing that you claimed.

No...that's not how it reads. Some unquoted someone claims to have reported him and also claims that the officers were afraid to do anything about it.

Ravi, READ the piece:

Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates at the Maryland graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint.

It's a uniformed services med school - military. His classmates are officers as are most of the faculty.

Ravi, READ the piece:

Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates at the Maryland graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint.

It's a uniformed services med school - military. His classmates are officers as are most of the faculty.
Good point...

But it is still unsourced. If they had some knowledge that showed this man was trigger happy and they were afraid to file a complaint they should be kicked out of the military. People that are afraid to take action because they are afraid of pcism are cowards.

Ravi, READ the piece:

Good point...

But it is still unsourced. If they had some knowledge that showed this man was trigger happy and they were afraid to file a complaint they should be kicked out of the military. People that are afraid to take action because they are afraid of pcism are cowards.
I agree, somewhat. It needs to be stopped, PC-nazism AND folks need to be less afraid. Let's be realistic; being non-PC can and has ruined careers.

Ya cause well Texas just ignores Federal law right dumb ass?

I'm referring to state law. Though considering some of the top politicians in Texas were calling for Texas to secede a little while back, why don't you tell me if they are ready to ignore Federal law.

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT.
From your own profile:
Occupation
Permantly retarded, errr I mean retired

Once again you pea brained DUMB ASS. the waiting period to purchase a handgun is FEDERALLY mandated. All a State can do is INCREASE the waiting period, they can not decrease it in any way.

Now provide some actual evidence that Texas is ignoring Federal law stupid fuck.

Such an angry old fart you are. You were right the first time.

Are you able to read English?

"The system is not doing what it's supposed to do," said Dr. Val Finnell, who complained to administrators at a military university about what he considered Hasan's "anti-American" rants. "He at least should have been confronted about these beliefs, told to cease and desist, and to shape up or ship out."

Did you even read the story?

Last edited:
I'm sure those officers will be speaking out now and stating the obvious without any fear of retribution. "Yes sirs. I honestly believed the guy was a jihadist but I didn't want to hurt his feelings or make myself look like a racist" Yep. That's what most people would do. Not.

And yes Texas has the EXACT same firearms laws at the Federal level as every other State. What an ignorant question.

You see Emma the wait is a FEDERAL wait not a State wait. It applies in all States and possessions of the United States as it is FEDERAL Law.

:rofl:

Summary of Federal Law:

There is no Federal waiting period. Under the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), a dealer may transfer firearms to a prospective purchaser as soon as he or she passes a background check. If the FBI is unable to complete a background check within three business days, the dealer may complete the transfer by default.

Federal law does not require private sellers to perform background checks on gun purchasers. Accordingly, persons purchasing firearms from private sellers may take immediate possession of their weapons, unless state or local law provides otherwise.

http://www.lcav.org/content/waiting_periods.pdf

US CODE: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts

Initially, the Brady Act imposed a waiting period of five days before a handgun could be transferred to an individual by a licensed dealer, importer, or manufacturer. This waiting period ceased to apply on November 30, 1998, when the computerized instant check system came online.

Currently, 92% of Brady background checks through NICS are completed while the FBI is still on the phone with the gun dealer [2]. In rare cases, a gun purchaser may have to wait for up to three business days if the NICS system fails to positively approve or deny his/her application to purchase a firearm. If a denial is not issued within those three days, the transfer may be completed at that time.

Federal Bureau of Investigations - National Instant Criminal Background Check System Section

Whoopsie. Looks like RGS is the 'retard / stupid fuck'.

I suggest you REREAD what you posted, the FBI has 3 days to complete the investigation, MEANING no gun for 3 days if the investigation is not done. But hey why read your own posted material.
That's the maximum allotted time for the background check, not a Federally mandated waiting period.

It would seem that someone like you, who is such an expert on gun law, would know the difference.

Last edited:
This headline is misleading as hell. The person that told him he wasn't right was in fact his local religious leader. You wouldn't know that without reading the story though. Further, as I suspected, he WAS reported at school and the PC mentality took over out of fear of seeming to be prejudice

Suspect told 'There's something wrong with you' - Yahoo! News.

"I told him, `There's something wrong with you,'" Osman Danquah, co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I didn't get the feeling he was talking for himself, but something just didn't seem right." Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates at the Maryland graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint.

He was a retired 1st Sgt who'd served in the first gulf war.

"Hopefully, they can put together the pieces and find out what in the world was in his mind and why he went crazy," Danquah said. "Aaaaah, it's sad. Those soldiers could have been my soldiers."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back