Interesting take on the Ft. Hood tragedy

Thank you liberals for your draconian gun laws that prevent the innocent from protecting themselves.

Doesn't apply here at all. Fort Hood is a Military reservation, FEDERAL Property. Military bases have strict weapons laws and they are enforced. Further troops in Uniform can not be packing weapons unless they are issued to them and part of their duty requirements. And they sure as hell wouldn't have loaded weapons unless on a live fire exercise, part of a standing security force or team, an MP on duty or on the Range.

Sure that is true, but at the same time if the laws were more realistic, if we quit being politically correct, if we recognized the danger, if all the lawyers and liberal politicians were not constantly trying to restrict guns in the hands of law abiding citizens, maybe someone on the Military base would of considered concealed weapons as a good thing, as it is now or at least how it was before this incident, the thought does not even get entertained. To me, in my opinion, political correctness has a lot to do with this.

You AGREED with Emma on the question about waiting periods and background checks, you may want to actually pay attention to what you are posting if you want to get into a pissing contest with someone dumb shit.

Now for the liberal spin machine to begin with the claims you did nothing at all.

No, she asked a question. I jokingly added that this is Texas we're talking about and therefore such a question is asked.

Get a grip on reality there, seems to be slipping for you more so lately.

You AGREED with Emma on the question about waiting periods and background checks, you may want to actually pay attention to what you are posting if you want to get into a pissing contest with someone dumb shit.

Now for the liberal spin machine to begin with the claims you did nothing at all.

No, she asked a question. I jokingly added that this is Texas we're talking about and therefore such a question is asked.

Get a grip on reality there, seems to be slipping for you more so lately.

Just admit you haven't the foggiest clue about gun laws and leave it at that, quit spinning.

"Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire Thursday, said Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the base commander."

That's good enough for me. I don't put much faith in "commanding officers" confirming it.

Fort Hood suspect said his goodbyes before rampage - Yahoo! News

He no doubt expected to be killed. Giving away his possessions, leaving that message to a friend, etc.

As far as the FBI watch list thing... if that is true, how did he manage to legally purchase the guns? Is there a background or waiting period required in TX?

Being Muslim does not stop you from buying weapons and who says he JUST bought them? And yes Texas has the EXACT same firearms laws at the Federal level as every other State. What an ignorant question.

You see Emma the wait is a FEDERAL wait not a State wait. It applies in all States and possessions of the United States as it is FEDERAL Law.

Who pissed in your cheerios? I'll see if I can find the articles, but I remember reading the guns were purchased recently. I know that there are Federal laws, thus my question (referencing the email in the OP---remember that?) as to how this would have been possible had he been on an FBI "watch list".

IOW... the email is full of shit.

Official: Timing of Hasan's gun purchase shows "Of course, he planned this."

Michael Isikoff

Just three weeks after being transferred to the U.S. Army base at Fort Hood, Texas, Maj. Nidal Hasan walked into the "Guns Galore" gunship in Killeen, Texas and purchased the high powered semi-automatic pistol that he allegedly used in the mass shooting at the base on Thursday, a senior law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told Declassified.
The timing of the purchase of the Belgian made FN Herstal 5.7 pistol -- a growing weapon of choice of Mexican drug cartels -- is being viewed by some investigators as a potentially important clue suggesting that Hasan may have been plotting the attack for some time.

Hasan bought the gun on Aug. 1 of this year, said the law enforcement official, who asked that his name and agency not be identified because of the ongoing investigation. (Although Hasan's purchase of the gun was reported Friday by ABC and other news organizations, the date of the purchase has not previously been disclosed. A second federal law enforcement official confirmed the Aug. 1 date to Declassified on Saturday.)

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/decl...purchase-shows-of-course-he-planned-this.aspx

Official: Timing of Hasan's gun purchase shows "Of course, he planned this."

Michael Isikoff

Just three weeks after being transferred to the U.S. Army base at Fort Hood, Texas, Maj. Nidal Hasan walked into the "Guns Galore" gunship in Killeen, Texas and purchased the high powered semi-automatic pistol that he allegedly used in the mass shooting at the base on Thursday, a senior law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told Declassified.
The timing of the purchase of the Belgian made FN Herstal 5.7 pistol -- a growing weapon of choice of Mexican drug cartels -- is being viewed by some investigators as a potentially important clue suggesting that Hasan may have been plotting the attack for some time.

Hasan bought the gun on Aug. 1 of this year, said the law enforcement official, who asked that his name and agency not be identified because of the ongoing investigation. (Although Hasan's purchase of the gun was reported Friday by ABC and other news organizations, the date of the purchase has not previously been disclosed. A second federal law enforcement official confirmed the Aug. 1 date to Declassified on Saturday.)

Official: Timing of Hasan's gun purchase shows "Of course, he planned this." - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com

He couldn't have been on a terror list anyway as he was a Commissioned Officer in the process of shipping out to Afghanistan. If he REALLY were on the list he would not be shipping anywhere and would not be transferred around from base to base. It doesn't work that way.

He no doubt expected to be killed. Giving away his possessions, leaving that message to a friend, etc.

As far as the FBI watch list thing... if that is true, how did he manage to legally purchase the guns? Is there a background or waiting period required in TX?

And yes Texas has the EXACT same firearms laws at the Federal level as every other State. What an ignorant question.

You see Emma the wait is a FEDERAL wait not a State wait. It applies in all States and possessions of the United States as it is FEDERAL Law.

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT.

Once again you pea brained DUMB ASS. the waiting period to purchase a handgun is FEDERALLY mandated. All a State can do is INCREASE the waiting period, they can not decrease it in any way.

Now provide some actual evidence that Texas is ignoring Federal law stupid fuck.

Just admit you haven't the foggiest clue about gun laws

:rofl:

Summary of Federal Law:

There is no Federal waiting period. Under the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), a dealer may transfer firearms to a prospective purchaser as soon as he or she passes a background check. If the FBI is unable to complete a background check within three business days, the dealer may complete the transfer by default.

Federal law does not require private sellers to perform background checks on gun purchasers. Accordingly, persons purchasing firearms from private sellers may take immediate possession of their weapons, unless state or local law provides otherwise.

http://www.lcav.org/content/waiting_periods.pdf

US CODE: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts

Initially, the Brady Act imposed a waiting period of five days before a handgun could be transferred to an individual by a licensed dealer, importer, or manufacturer. This waiting period ceased to apply on November 30, 1998, when the computerized instant check system came online.

Currently, 92% of Brady background checks through NICS are completed while the FBI is still on the phone with the gun dealer [2]. In rare cases, a gun purchaser may have to wait for up to three business days if the NICS system fails to positively approve or deny his/her application to purchase a firearm. If a denial is not issued within those three days, the transfer may be completed at that time.

Federal Bureau of Investigations - National Instant Criminal Background Check System Section

Whoopsie. Looks like RGS is the 'retard / stupid fuck'.

Last edited:

And yes Texas has the EXACT same firearms laws at the Federal level as every other State. What an ignorant question.

Just admit you haven't the foggiest clue about gun laws

:rofl:

Summary of Federal Law:

There is no Federal waiting period. Under the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), a dealer may transfer firearms to a prospective purchaser as soon as he or she passes a background check. If the FBI is unable to complete a background check within three business days, the dealer may complete the transfer by default.

Federal law does not require private sellers to perform background checks on gun purchasers. Accordingly, persons purchasing firearms from private sellers may take immediate possession of their weapons, unless state or local law provides otherwise.

http://www.lcav.org/content/waiting_periods.pdf

US CODE: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts

Initially, the Brady Act imposed a waiting period of five days before a handgun could be transferred to an individual by a licensed dealer, importer, or manufacturer. This waiting period ceased to apply on November 30, 1998, when the computerized instant check system came online.

Currently, 92% of Brady background checks through NICS are completed while the FBI is still on the phone with the gun dealer [2]. In rare cases, a gun purchaser may have to wait for up to three business days if the NICS system fails to positively approve or deny his/her application to purchase a firearm. If a denial is not issued within those three days, the transfer may be completed at that time.

Federal Bureau of Investigations - National Instant Criminal Background Check System Section

Whoopsie. Looks like RGS is the 'retard / stupid fuck'.

I suggest you REREAD what you posted, the FBI has 3 days to complete the investigation, MEANING no gun for 3 days if the investigation is not done. But hey why read your own posted material.

And Private sales are handled differently that is true, but then he did not buy privately did he now.

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists
Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.
The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists - Telegraph

This headline is misleading as hell. The person that told him he wasn't right was in fact his local religious leader. You wouldn't know that without reading the story though. Further, as I suspected, he WAS reported at school and the PC mentality took over out of fear of seeming to be prejudice

Suspect told 'There's something wrong with you' - Yahoo! News.

From that article, and from a fellow Muslim:

"I told him, `There's something wrong with you,'" Osman Danquah, co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I didn't get the feeling he was talking for himself, but something just didn't seem right." Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates at the Maryland graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint.

Ok. Here's a moderate Muslim who understands that PC BS may have attributed to this crime. But let's not "jump to conclusions". :evil:

Thank you liberals for your draconian gun laws that prevent the innocent from protecting themselves.

Yeah, cause the liberals are to blame for soldiers not having guns in a medical facility.

Couldn't have anything to do with military regs issued for safety reasons. Not at all.

Loony partisan.

This headline is misleading as hell. The person that told him he wasn't right was in fact his local religious leader. You wouldn't know that without reading the story though. Further, as I suspected, he WAS reported at school and the PC mentality took over out of fear of seeming to be prejudice

Suspect told 'There's something wrong with you' - Yahoo! News.

From that article, and from a fellow Muslim:

"I told him, `There's something wrong with you,'" Osman Danquah, co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I didn't get the feeling he was talking for himself, but something just didn't seem right." Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates at the Maryland graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint.
Ok. Here's a moderate Muslim who understands that PC BS may have attributed to this crime. But let's not "jump to conclusions". :evil:
Not sure how a cleric would know what was going on in the minds of officers.

What incredibly sloppy reporting.

Doesn't apply here at all. Fort Hood is a Military reservation, FEDERAL Property. Military bases have strict weapons laws and they are enforced. Further troops in Uniform can not be packing weapons unless they are issued to them and part of their duty requirements. And they sure as hell wouldn't have loaded weapons unless on a live fire exercise, part of a standing security force or team, an MP on duty or on the Range.

Sure that is true, but at the same time if the laws were more realistic, if we quit being politically correct, if we recognized the danger, if all the lawyers and liberal politicians were not constantly trying to restrict guns in the hands of law abiding citizens, maybe someone on the Military base would of considered concealed weapons as a good thing, as it is now or at least how it was before this incident, the thought does not even get entertained. To me, in my opinion, political correctness has a lot to do with this.

has nothing to do with PC dumbass.

we have the most gun-centric of the western nations... and gun control has nothing to do with this. they don't need concealed weapons on a military base because they carry weapons openly. so I'm not quite certain what your beef is, other than to take a political swipe that isn't applicable here.

Forum List

Back