interesting observation

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
today i was told by a coworker (that i have pretty much ignored for the past few years) that has never done anything but give me shit said.....

you seem very at peace these days.

i said that i was

thoughts?

Heh, I was really worried your coworker was a female, that would've just shot my joke into the ground big-time.

But, to be serious, I don't think there are many better things for a person than to be at a place where they are totally at peace, I sincerely envy you about that.

Dan said:
Heh, I was really worried your coworker was a female, that would've just shot my joke into the ground big-time.

But, to be serious, I don't think there are many better things for a person than to be at a place where they are totally at peace, I sincerely envy you about that.

not sure it means much coming from a person that means as much to me as people i pass on the freeway......

not sure it means much coming from a person that means as much to me as people i pass on the freeway......

Well.... okay.

Wait, are you talking about me or your coworker? I mean, really, I guess at the end of the day, you probably do know your coworker better than you know me.

But, I was responding to your reply to your coworker that you said you were at peace.

Dan said:
Well.... okay.

Wait, are you talking about me or your coworker? I mean, really, I guess at the end of the day, you probably do know your coworker better than you know me.

But, I was responding to your reply to your coworker that you said you were at peace.

nah dude i was dissing my co worker...i find you very funny....you finished your screenplay yet?

nah dude i was dissing my co worker...

It's all gravy, baby.

i find you very funny....

...but looks aren't everything.

Ba-dum-bump!

you finished your screenplay yet?

Ugh, don't ask. I finished the first draft of it a long time ago, and now I really despise it.

If we're talking about the high school drama one (which I think we are), then, yeah, I started out with the intention of making it very unique and heartfelt, and what I ended up with was a love story that basically followed the storyline of Pretty in Pink waaaayyy too closely. So, pretty soon, I'm gonna do a complete overhaul on it, I'm getting rid of at least 2 of the main characters, the vast majority of the plot.... I hope I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for asking, though. For a while, I just got way too self-conscious about talking to people about it, I still sort of feel, when people say "what do you want to do" and I say "I wanna be a filmmaker", I sound like a little kid: "well, I either wanna be a fireman or an astronaut!" But, yeah, the few people who have read the thing say it's okay, needs work obviously, but that it is something worth pursuing.

Dan said:
It's all gravy, baby.
...but looks aren't everything.
Ba-dum-bump!

Ugh, don't ask. I finished the first draft of it a long time ago, and now I really despise it.

If we're talking about the high school drama one (which I think we are), then, yeah, I started out with the intention of making it very unique and heartfelt, and what I ended up with was a love story that basically followed the storyline of Pretty in Pink waaaayyy too closely. So, pretty soon, I'm gonna do a complete overhaul on it, I'm getting rid of at least 2 of the main characters, the vast majority of the plot.... I hope I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for asking, though. For a while, I just got way too self-conscious about talking to people about it, I still sort of feel, when people say "what do you want to do" and I say "I wanna be a filmmaker", I sound like a little kid: "well, I either wanna be a fireman or an astronaut!" But, yeah, the few people who have read the thing say it's okay, needs work obviously, but that it is something worth pursuing.

writing is brutal....as i said my brother is a lit agent....pink panther.....he is writting his first screenplay.....he said it is like cutting off a limb

manu1959 said:
today i was told by a coworker (that i have pretty much ignored for the past few years) that has never done anything but give me shit said.....

you seem very at peace these days.

i said that i was

thoughts?

You should've said, "Yeah, well you seem very in pieces these days!" and knocked him in the jaw.

Semper Fi said:
You should've said, "Yeah, well you seem very in pieces these days!" and knocked him in the jaw.

how come evryone wants me to beat the dude?

hard to be at peace if you are thumping your co-workers

writing is brutal....as i said my brother is a lit agent....pink panther.....he is writting his first screenplay.....he said it is like cutting off a limb

Yeah, I've read some of the statistics on novels and screenplays. What is it with novels, like 1 out of 300 actually get picked up, about 20% of those actually turn a profit? Screenplays are even worse.

Dan said:
Yeah, I've read some of the statistics on novels and screenplays. What is it with novels, like 1 out of 300 actually get picked up, about 20% of those actually turn a profit? Screenplays are even worse.

but you only have to be the 1

:laugh:

Or, when he said "you really seem at peace", you could've said, "I got a piece for you", then shot him and said, "a piece of lead, ya filthy animal!"

Oh, I could go on all night....

Dan said:
:laugh:

Or, when he said "you really seem at peace", you could've said, "I got a piece for you", then shot him and said, "a piece of lead, ya filthy animal!"

Oh, I could go on all night....

i love that scene.....my 7 year olde son has him down cold....

manu1959 said:

Haha. I didnt mean to actually do that. Was just in a playful mood and thought of an AWESOME play-on-words.

Forum List

Back