Interesting movie that turned out to have a Christian twist

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Last night I watched "The End of the Affair."

The movie starts out as a standard movie about an adulterous love affair, so there's no predicting it will have a Christian message by the end.

There's even a couple of explicit sex scenes so you really don't see it coming.

But that's the twist, you're not going to guess why the affair ended.

Until it's explained, and then you go, "I didn't see that coming."

The movie is set during World War II, and a V-2 rocket explodes, nearly killing the woman's lover.

The woman finds him "dead", then promises God that if he brings him back, she will give him up, and not see him again.

And then he comes back, and she decides to keep her promise to God.

When he eventually finds out, he's really angry, because he is an atheist, and really hates God.

She "cures" a boy's birth defect, but even that doesn't change him.

At the end, he is still a hate-filled atheist.

It's a good movie, but I doubt many people have seen it.

People use the "Funny" rating because there's no "Hate" rating, but I caught your meaning. You hate God, you hate Christians, you hate movies about God and Christians.

The movie catches you by surprise, because it starts with a nude sex scene, and ends up portraying a woman so powerfully converted to Catholicism that she can work miracles.

What's interesting about this movie is that it is about Catholicism, but in the end, the atheist stays atheist and still hates God.

So, I think the writer of the story is what? An atheist?

It's hard to tell. Because the movie really makes atheists look bad.

A Catholic? No, because if it was written by a Catholic, the atheist would have not ended up such a wretch at the end. He would have been redeemed.

No interest in this thread, I guess. Maybe if I dropped the "f" word in the caption there'd be more interest.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

The movie starts out as a standard movie about an adulterous love affair, so there's no predicting it will have a Christian message by the end.

The movie is set during World War II, and a V-2 rocket explodes, nearly killing the woman's lover.

The woman finds him "dead", then promises God that if he brings him back, she will give him up, and not see him again.

When he eventually finds out, he's really angry, because he is an atheist, and really hates God.

You didn’t mention a gay bestie in any of that!

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

You didn’t mention a gay bestie in any of that!
No gay character in the movie, so that's why I didn't.

There are only six notable characters in the movie, and none of them are gay.

It was refreshing to see that at least one movie can be made without genuflecting to the altar at the homosexual temple.

Forum List

Back