Interesting Facts

Why didn't they go in after him? As a Lt. in the Union army, Robert E. Lee, armed with a sword, captured the far more dangerous and crazy John Brown at Harper's Ferry. Were post-war Union soldiers afraid of a crippled actor armed with a single shot derringer?
They didnt want a fight. Booth even challenged them and they turned him down.

about Americas most glorious hero
Being a true American Patriot, I knew most of these. Abe watching him act before the assassination was one I didnt know. And i found it to be humorous lolz

He was part of the most famous acting family in the country at that time. Pretty much the Barrymore's or Sheen-Douglas family of the era. And John Wilkes Booth even had nephews working in film in the first part of the 20th century.

He was part of the most famous acting family in the country at that time. Pretty much the Barrymore's or Sheen-Douglas family of the era. And John Wilkes Booth even had nephews working in film in the first part of the 20th century.
Yep.

They didnt want a fight. Booth even challenged them and they turned him down.
A crippled actor challenged the Union Army to a fight and they declined and decided to burn the guy to death? Maybe it was a set up. There was animosity for Lincoln (as there is today) and sympathy for Booth. It would be easy to substitute a corpse back in those days and drag Booth out to safety.

A crippled actor challenged the Union Army to a fight and they declined and decided to burn the guy to death?

Actually, he was shot.

But it was not uncommon in the era if somebody had barricaded themselves into a simple building like a shed or barn to smoke them out.

No different than how tear gas is used today.

By saying "burned to death", you are completely ignoring that he had a choice. He could have left at any time to avoid that.

Actually, he was shot.

But it was not uncommon in the era if somebody had barricaded themselves into a simple building like a shed or barn to smoke them out.

By saying "burned to death", you are completely ignoring that he had a choice. He could have left at any time to avoid that.
Yeah, by some creeper peeping at him through a hole in the wood lol

Actually, he was shot.

Renegade law enforcement probably preferred to "smoke out a suspect" by burning him to death but Booth was an important fugitive and crippled with a broken leg and apparently armed with minimal weaponry. Post War Union forces surely wanted to take him alive for a show trial and a public execution but they burned the barn down. Were they cowards or were they sympathetic to Booth (and the cause) or were they drones who didn't give a damn one one way or the other.

Renegade law enforcement probably preferred to "smoke out a suspect" by burning him to death but Booth was an important fugitive and crippled with a broken leg and apparently armed with minimal weaponry. Post War Union forces surely wanted to take him alive for a show trial and a public execution but they burned the barn down.

And he did not "burn to death", he was shot.

And even then, it is not unheard of for suspects to prefer to burn to death rather than be captured. Most especially if they are acting not for simply criminal actions but from some sort of "belief".

I can easily give you a dozen or more cases of that, so your claims are really very silly. Especially as he did not burn to death anyways.

Oh, and it's not a "show trial", especially if he was guilty.

Hell, the other conspirators trial lasted for 2 months! A "show trial" is generally over in days if not hours.

Your claims might actually make sense, if you even knew anything other than your own beliefs.

about Americas most glorious hero
Being a true American Patriot, I knew most of these. Abe watching him act before the assassination was one I didnt know. And i found it to be humorous lolz

He wasn't really. He was a tool of a Secretary of War Stanton and VP Johnson, and the International Banking Cabal's continued attempts to subvert the nation.

You'll note, your source DID NOT tell the reader, WHICH president pardoned Mudd. 🤔
Interesting omission that.

Contrary to Dominant Folklore, Evidence Indicates that, Like Oswald, John Wilkes Booth Was Part of Wider Conspiracy​

November 26, 2023

". . . Some writers suggest that Stanton and Booth were bankrolled by a cabal of international bankers led by the Rothschild’s who wanted Lincoln removed because of his opposition to a Central Bank.[6]

During the Civil War, Lincoln had refused to borrow money from international bankers—who had helped provoke the war by bankrolling white supremacist groups in the South—and instead found support from Russia and created “greenbacks” (named for their ink color) which were printed by the U.S. Treasury.

word-image-62683-9.jpeg
Salmon P. Chase [Source: numismaticnews.net]

In 1863, Treasury Secretary Salmon P. Chase pushed a bill through Congress creating a central bank. The National Bank Act created a federally chartered bank that had the power to issue U.S. Bank notes backed by debt that were loaned to the government at interest.

Lincoln fought against the central bank and, by 1865, was beginning to make inroads into its demise. . . . "

<snip>

". . . During his last months as President, Johnson issued a pardon to Dr. Samuel Mudd, an ardent pro-Confederate who helped Booth hide out after Lincoln’s assassination, treating his broken leg and withholding information from Union soldiers trying to track down Booth.[18] . . ."

<snip>

". . . Nate Orlowek, a renowned Lincoln assassination expert, told historian Donald Jeffries: “I have devoted 42 years to researching the possible escape of John Wilkes Booth, and am convinced to a 90% degree of certainty that the man killed in the barn was not John Wilkes Booth. The findings of my team are so convincing that the Booth family has nearly unanimously come to the same conclusion.”[25]

<snip>

". . . Nate Orlowek, a renowned Lincoln assassination expert, told historian Donald Jeffries: “I have devoted 42 years to researching the possible escape of John Wilkes Booth, and am convinced to a 90% degree of certainty that the man killed in the barn was not John Wilkes Booth. The findings of my team are so convincing that the Booth family has nearly unanimously come to the same conclusion.”[25]

<snip>

". . . In 1866, St. Helen allegedly fathered a son with a half-Choctaw Indian woman whom he named John Wilkes Booth. His grandson, John Wilkes Booth III, told The Washington Post in 1985 that “my grandfather was born more than a year and a half after the Lincoln shooting, so, obviously, his father couldn’t have been shot in that burning barn. There were two people in there, and the soldiers just said that one was Booth.”[33]
87z7xn.jpg

"John St. Helen/aka David George after his death in Enid, Oklahoma, in 1903. [Source: dailyoddsandends.files.wordpress.com]"

<snip>

". . . But Booth was allegedly able to live 38 years after killing America’s most revered leader. His escape was orchestrated by the Secretary of War and Vice President who carried out a palace coup—just like another southern Vice President with the last name Johnson 98 years later."

lol the claim he was a 'far right kook' is hilarious. Lincoln, and Republicans in general, were running on a white nationalist ticket themselves. They busied themselves in the 1850's toughing up Black codes in their own states, one of the reasons the vast majority of blacks stayed in the South after the war. It was easy to get immigrants votes, as they did not want to compete with black labor, 'free' or not; they didn't want any blacks at all in the new territories.

Many hundreds of thousands perished in the 'contraband camps' Lincoln shoved them in as his armies captured state after state, and those who weren't dying in the camps were forced to work govt. run plantations, and not allowed to leave without written permission from the plantation operators. As already pointed out, most abolitionists wanted to ship them all back to Africa, not free them to run loose in the U.S.

Booth and Lincoln's son Robert both vied for the affections of the same woman, Lucy Lambert Hale. Booth and Hale were engaged to be married, but he was killed before the wedding.

Forum List

Back