interesting article about overuse of traffic stops

It won't happen. The cops use the stop as a pretext. They want to interrogate the people in the car.

It won't happen. The cops use the stop as a pretext. They want to interrogate the people in the car.
that was IMO ind of the whole point of the article
they are a very overused tool by law enforcement
If its a violation you need to be stopped. I have never met a cop who likes to run road blocks and make a lot to stops, it is a pain in the butt and just boring, and if that is what you want just hire a drunk and let him to the stupid job, and the same goes for traffic tickets. Get a life.

Reason.com has an intelllectual depth that is sorely missing in a lot of political blongs, and this article is no exception.
give it a read and let me know what yall think
Curbing Traffic Stops Would Save Lives
Written by a Cop Hater who get arrested a lot. I would guess.
criticism of law enforcement tactics or policies does not make one a cop hater. On what basis do you call this author a cop hater. I didnt read anhything in the article that outright said or implied that cops in gereral were bad, corrupt or anything else. He was simply saying that traffic stops are an overused tool and as a result of that overuse, bad things can and sometimes do happen.

that was IMO ind of the whole point of the article
they are a very overused tool by law enforcement
If its a violation you need to be stopped. I have never met a cop who likes to run road blocks and make a lot to stops, it is a pain in the butt and just boring, and if that is what you want just hire a drunk and let him to the stupid job, and the same goes for traffic tickets. Get a life.

Yeah. That's why they have quotas. Because it's a part of the job that nobody likes.

Forum List

Back