Crimes (aka DUI) and Violations in Automobiles will be things in the past

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Within 15 yrs nearly all cars will be driverless cars. Along with they should see DUIs become a thing of the past. Along with most moving violations. Of course jobs like taxis, chauffeurs, uber, truck drivers will also be gone, but hey that is another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Within 15 yrs nearly all cars will be driverless cars. Along with they should see DUIs become a thing of the past. Along with most moving violations. Of course jobs like taxis, chauffeurs, uber, truck drivers will also be gone, but hey that is another thread.

15 years? Absolutely not. I'd love for the switch to driverless cars to happen, but there's no way it can happen that quickly. These cars are still in the testing phase, and even when approved for use throughout the country, it will take quite a few years for them to become the norm (if they ever do). Maybe in 50 years driverless cars will be the norm.....maybe.

Many people will still choose to drive though. It might be a 50/50 thing if it ever really truly does go mainstream.

Many people will still choose to drive though. It might be a 50/50 thing if it ever really truly does go mainstream.

It may well take a generation born into driverless cars being a somewhat normal thing. If it gets to that 50/50 ratio, perhaps those children who grow up with the driverless cars around them will wonder why the older generations bother driving themselves. :dunno:

It may well take a generation born into driverless cars being a somewhat normal thing. If it gets to that 50/50 ratio, perhaps those children who grow up with the driverless cars around them will wonder why the older generations bother driving themselves. :dunno:
Yeah.

I forgot to include that the 50/50 thing would be a max in my estimation.

I think people really like to drive, some people at least. Me, I drive to get where I need to go, But I don't trust the safety of the driveless cars, so I wouldn't be too crazy about engaging with them. Perhaps I'm a product of my generation, which is Generation X.

Yeah.

I forgot to include that the 50/50 thing would be a max in my estimation.

I think people really like to drive, some people at least. Me, I drive to get where I need to go, But I don't trust the safety of the driveless cars, so I wouldn't be too crazy about engaging with them. Perhaps I'm a product of my generation, which is Generation X.

Safety is going to be the biggest issue I think, not only real but perceived. Again, that may change over time as children grow up around driverless cars and don't feel distrust toward them. If it happens, it will take quite some time. That's too bad, because I would really prefer not having to drive myself. :p

You will be amazed by the number of kids 18-30 who grew up in the city that don't know how to drive and never owned a car due to the train sys and uber. This is only going to increase.

Think about it. If you have a self driving car then you literally could own at any age. At that point most won't learn to drive. Kinda like most don't learn stick shift

You will be amazed by the number of kids 18-30 who grew up in the city that don't know how to drive and never owned a car due to the train sys and uber. This is only going to increase.

Think about it. If you have a self driving car then you literally could own at any age. At that point most won't learn to drive. Kinda like most don't learn stick shift

I've never lived in a city, so I don't have any experience with that. Cities are where you would expect more people to live without cars, though.

Forum List

Back