Instead of Jobs Bill, House Explores Bill on NONEXISTENT EPA REGS

The thread title is accurate. You might want to try again. The House passed legislation against a RULE that doesn't exist.

Actually that's not true either, but why stop the falsehoods now?

The House passed legislation to keep the EPA from being able to impose a proposed REGULATION on dust in rural areas.

You might want to actually know what you're talking about before you make yourself look any more foolish. Because on this subject you are sorely misinformed.

Rick

This has been explained several times on this thread. You don't really expect any from the left to understand it, do you?

i do understand it. apparently no one from the right does.

i expect better from certain people. though i shouldn't be surprised at rightwing idealogues refusing to acknowledge the inane activity of the teanut gallery

but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
The thread title is accurate. You might want to try again. The House passed legislation against a RULE that doesn't exist.

The House passed legislation to keep the EPA from being able to impose a proposed REGULATION on dust in rural areas.

You might want to actually know what you're talking about before you make yourself look any more foolish. Because on this subject you are sorely misinformed.

Rick

alas...what is done is done...and it has been done a long time prior to THIS post.

that's funny coming from mr. meltdown

New Flash, the title of this thread is a complete falsehood.

The EPA was indeed considering a proposed law to restrict dust in agricultural areas. And if you lived in an agricultural area you'd most likely have heard about it.

EPA to propose dust restrictions

Agriculture Law Proposed EPA Regulations Farm Dust - Mikkelborg, Broz, Wells & Fryer - Seattle Corporate Lawyer - Business Attorney

Big surprise the EPA has removed any mention of this proposal from their website because of the backlash that they experienced after this proposal became public.

Rick

Rick

No, it was never PROPOSED. Besides the blatant effort to ELIMINATE the EPA, the teapublicans want to pass a law that prevents the EPA from even discussing regulations.

Rick

This has been explained several times on this thread. You don't really expect any from the left to understand it, do you?

i do understand it. apparently no one from the right does.

i expect better from certain people. though i shouldn't be surprised at rightwing idealogues refusing to acknowledge the inane activity of the teanut gallery

but maybe that's just me.

Actually you've shown on more than one occasion in this thread that you really don't understand what is being discussed.

Here, let's see if you can answer some simple questions on this subject:

Did the EPA propose a regulation on dust in rural areas? Here's a hint: The answer is YES.

Did the House pass legislation to stop the EPA from making their proposed regulation a law? Another hint? The answer once again is YES.

Did the EPA subsequently remove any mention of this regulation from their website after the public became aware of their proposed regulation? Hint: The answer for the third time in a row is YES.

This regulation may not seem very important in a city like New York or any other large city for that matter, but in rural areas where farming is a major part of life it was a very big deal. And I for one am very happy that the House kept this proposed EPA regulation from becoming a law.

I hope this clears up a little of your misconceptions on this subject, but I honestly doubt you'll look at it honestly enough for that to happen.

In other words, I'm done debating you on this subject. It does me no good to keep re-hashing the same facts when you're only interested in half truths.

Rick

Rick

No, it was never PROPOSED. Besides the blatant effort to ELIMINATE the EPA, the teapublicans want to pass a law that prevents the EPA from even discussing regulations.

You are wrong. I have posted links that show that this was proposed by the EPA.

Even the link in the OP states that this was a proposal being pushed by the EPA.

Try educating yourself on the subject before you make statements that are simply not true.

Rick

Rick

alas...what is done is done...and it has been done a long time prior to THIS post.

that's funny coming from mr. meltdown

no. Not Mr. Meltdown. Actually, quite level headed.

But, you see, I thought I had found in you someone who debates fairly and honestly.

B8ut you dont.

So I called you on it and refused tro let you get away with the childish name calling and offering of spun facts to defend your positions.

And you consider that a meltdown.

Fine by me.

Rick

Even the link in the OP states that this was a proposal being pushed by the EPA.

Try educating yourself on the subject before you make statements that are simply not true.

Rick

:eusa_hand:

They didn't bother reading their own link....they won't read yours.

Rick

Rick

Wrong AGAIN... I already debunked your links. http://www.usmessageboard.com/4360330-post63.html

From the second link you posted:

In its Second External Review Draft of the Policy Assessment of the Review of the Particulate Matter National Ambient Air Quality Standards, released in June 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is considering the most stringent regulations on farm dust that have ever been proposed.

consider
verb

1) to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision; contemplate; reflect on

Rick

Wrong AGAIN... I already debunked your links. http://www.usmessageboard.com/4360330-post63.html

In its Second External Review Draft of the Policy Assessment of the Review of the Particulate Matter National Ambient Air Quality Standards, released in June 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is considering the most stringent regulations on farm dust that have ever been proposed.

consider
verb

1) to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision; contemplate; reflect on

Wow, you're really showing your intellectual power, aren't you?

The EPA was PROPOSING a regulation.

I never said they passed this regulation, and them proposing it is enough for people in rural areas to take notice and want their representatives to do something about it.

How does the word considering change anything that I've said?

Rick

Rick

consider
verb

Wow, you're really showing your intellectual power, aren't you?

The EPA was PROPOSING a regulation.

I never said they passed this regulation, and them proposing it is enough for people in rural areas to take notice and want their representatives to do something about it.

How does the word considering change anything that I've said?

Rick

The EPA 'considered' changing the regulation. They discussed it. They never proposed changing the regulation. Is that clear enough?

If they weren't so pathetic, the House would be really, really funny...

Impenetrable gridlock has forced Washington into an era of government-by-talking-point, and earlier this year Republicans found what they saw as the ideal talking point to illustrate a federal bureaucracy gone batty.

The Environmental Protection Agency, they warned, was trying to regulate something only God could control: the dust in the wind.

EPA puts out global call for environment photos.

“Now, here comes my favorite of the crazy regulatory acts. The EPA is now proposing rules to regulate dust,” Rep. John Carter (R-Tex.) said on the House floor. He said Texas was full of dusty roads: “The EPA is now saying you can be fined for driving home every night on your gravel road.”

There was just one flaw in this argument. It was not true.

The EPA’s new dust rule did not exist. It never did.

House panel to vote on phantom EPA dust rule - The Washington Post

The Repubs have passed 15 jobs bills in the house, how many have the dems in the senate taken up?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-but-reid-refuses-to-schedule-for-votes.html

"In God We Trust" reaffirmations, NONEXISTENT EPA REGS - it just goes to show how far out of touch the Republican/Tea Party is with reality!

The Democrats want to pass a jobs bill that is half what the stimulus was but otherwise identitical to it. This was the same stimulus bill they claim failed because it was too small. The GOP tried bringing Obama's bill to a vote in the Senate and Reid accused them of dirty tricks, after Obama demanded a vote on the bill.

And the GOP is out of touch with reality??? The Democrats are batshit crazy, every one of them. They are desperate, knowing what the next election holds in store for them.

"In God We Trust" reaffirmations, NONEXISTENT EPA REGS - it just goes to show how far out of touch the Republican/Tea Party is with reality!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-but-reid-refuses-to-schedule-for-votes.html are you sure you don't mean the dems in the senate who won't pass any jobs bills, not even obama's?

Trying to dismantle the EPA, the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act will only create jobs for undertakers, grave diggers and chemotherapy technicians.

You right wing turds are Siamese twins of Marxists in Russia...you are Marketists.

Both extremes lead to the same ends...an environmental wasteland, and a nuclear time bomb.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-but-reid-refuses-to-schedule-for-votes.html are you sure you don't mean the dems in the senate who won't pass any jobs bills, not even obama's?

Trying to dismantle the EPA, the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act will only create jobs for undertakers, grave diggers and chemotherapy technicians.

You right wing turds are Siamese twins of Marxists in Russia...you are Marketists.

Both extremes lead to the same ends...an environmental wasteland, and a nuclear time bomb.

What a dumbshit you are.
No one is proposing to eliminate those things. But the balance has gone waaay too far towards regulating everything that moves in the name of "safety." Fortunately for the bureacraps, they have useful idiots like you shilling for them so they can keep their union jobs.

If they weren't so pathetic, the House would be really, really funny...

House panel to vote on phantom EPA dust rule - The Washington Post

The jobs bill was tabled in the senate, it has yet to go to the congressional house.

So that's probably why they are not debating it. DUMBASS!!!

I think her point was that instead of working on job related bills, this was what they were discussing.

Problem with even that, is that it was a minor issue they debated, along with a bunch of other minor issues, none of which took any real time away from passing about 20 job related bills... ALL of which are now sitting on Harry Reids desk gathering dust.

The Problem with that is the House has Passed no less than 14 Bills they say are directly aimed at creating the Conditions required for Job Creation. All of which have been tabled in the Senate. The Problem is Democrats want you to believe Jobs bills are only Jobs bills if they involve Massive Amounts of Direct Federal Spending.

All I hear is "Bla bla bla you are right and I can only offer up false claims to counter you bla bla bla"

Thats such fear mongering bullshit.

Forum List

Back