Instead of Jobs Bill, House Explores Bill on NONEXISTENT EPA REGS

The Republicans want to destroy the economy, so they can win the next election.

They could care less about the average worker.

If they weren't so pathetic, the House would be really, really funny...

House panel to vote on phantom EPA dust rule - The Washington Post

And let's not forget this gem!

House reaffirms 'In God We Trust' as official U.S. motto
House reaffirms 'In God We Trust' as official U.S. motto - latimes.com

Now that really helped job creation! And Obama claims this is a "do nothing Congress"?
There was no debate there, and the vote took 20 minutes, and all but 9 Democrats voted in favor.

20 minutes killed jobs? Really?

AGAIN... let me point out that there was no EPA reg like the one they decided to "change".

No one questioned what our motto is either.

The House is working on nothing of value..They're wasting their time on nonsense they can put in their newsletters at home.

"Ohhh ... loookie... we protected "In G-d we Trust".

yeah, and??? from what? :dunno:

Now that really helped job creation! And Obama claims this is a "do nothing Congress"?
There was no debate there, and the vote took 20 minutes, and all but 9 Democrats voted in favor.

Did I say it killed jobs? Ah,,,,,no!
But this was a bit of political showmanship and that's it. Reaffirm the US's motto! I mean, really?

I'm sending Rover after you.

The Republicans want to destroy the economy, so they can win the next election.

They could care less about the average worker.

You mean like the democrats wanted us to lose in Iraq so they can win the 2007 election?

They could care less about the lives of our soldiers.

See how that works?

Stop with the fucking buillshit.

While I do find the reference to my av mildly amusing, it doesn't really address my point. there was no actual debate. It was simply a scheduled vote, which took about 20 minutes to complete, and all but 9 Democrats were in favor. It could not possibly have delayed or prevented any action on jobs.

AGAIN... let me point out that there was no EPA reg like the one they decided to "change".

The House is working on nothing of value..They're wasting their time on nonsense they can put in their newsletters at home.

Oh, I completely agree on the EPA stuff. Not arguing that one. I was arguing the In God We Trust one. The 20 minutes it took could not possibly have affected the work (or lack thereof) on jobs.

The EPA’s review of dust is part of a five-year review of the Clean Air Act’s National Ambient Air Quality Standard for Particulate Matter. One form of regulated material is known as coarse PM, which is dust made up primarily of ground up dirt and other naturally occurring organic materials. What the House is attempting to do is pass legislation that would limit the EPA's definition of PM.

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figue if there are no jobs, the president loses.

That should clarify things ... even for subliterates like you.

then WHY are there 20 or so jobs related bills passed in the House, now sitting on Reids desk in the Senate?

they are tax cut bills... more of the right's effort to starve government til they can drown it in a bathtub. there is not one thing that actually creates jobs.

and before you say tax cuts create jobs, if that were the case, the tax cuts over the last 10 years have done nothing but led to increased income disparity. daddy bush was right when he called it voodoo economics.... not to mention the trillions business is intentionally sitting on.

they are not all tax cut bills... look them up.

While I do find the reference to my av mildly amusing, it doesn't really address my point. there was no actual debate. It was simply a scheduled vote, which took about 20 minutes to complete, and all but 9 Democrats were in favor. It could not possibly have delayed or prevented any action on jobs.

ahhh..but that is irrelevant. Afterall, the house has a GOP majority so anything they do will be criticized by the left. And then they whine and cry when the right criticizes the senate and the President.

But, you see, I am not whining about their criticism. It is to be expected.

Yep....our elected officials have us exactly where they want us. Fighting their childish battles all in an effort to make their respective parties look "better".

Meanwhile, they both look like shit to me.

Impenetrable gridlock has forced Washington into an era of government-by-talking-point, and earlier this year Republicans found what they saw as the ideal talking point to illustrate a federal bureaucracy gone batty.

The Environmental Protection Agency, they warned, was trying to regulate something only God could control: the dust in the wind.

EPA puts out global call for environment photos.

“Now, here comes my favorite of the crazy regulatory acts. The EPA is now proposing rules to regulate dust,” Rep. John Carter (R-Tex.) said on the House floor. He said Texas was full of dusty roads: “The EPA is now saying you can be fined for driving home every night on your gravel road.”

There was just one flaw in this argument. It was not true.

The EPA’s new dust rule did not exist. It never did.

But, but I bet Rep. John Carter (R-TX) voted to make "In God We Trust" our nation's motto yesterday. That's important, isn't it? Next on the Speaker's agenda is to make God an American Citizen, as well as his only son.

There ARE, believe it or not, occasions where both sides com together...
Republican Jobs Bill Got More Senate Votes Than Obama’s | The Lonely Conservative
The other day President Obama mocked opponents of his half a trillion dollar stimulus bill, saying it would have to be broken into smaller pieces so they could understand it. Well, it was broken into smaller pieces, and the piece the Senate voted on failed. They couldn’t even get all of the Democrats to vote for it. They also voted on a similar bill proposed by Republicans, and that measure received more votes than Obama’s bill.

The Hill has the story:

The Republican measure offered on the floor Thursday night won more votes than Obama’s proposal.

The GOP embraced a component of Obama’s jobs proposal eliminating the 3 percent withholding tax on federal contracts.

The administration favors the concept, but balked at the Republican offsets of unspecified spending cuts. The Office of Management and Budget added that if the bill were presented to the president with the offsets, his senior advisers would recommend a veto.

The threat did not sway some Democrats, who voted with the GOP. The 10 Democrats defections were: Sens. Al Franken (Minn.), Kay Hagan (N.C.), Robert Menendez (N.J.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), Michael Bennet (Colo.), Ben Nelson (Neb.), Jon Tester (Mont.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.) and Bill Nelson (Fla.).

Yes, I understand this is a 'tax cut'. It's one the President agrees with, and believes will help create jobs.

Impenetrable gridlock has forced Washington into an era of government-by-talking-point, and earlier this year Republicans found what they saw as the ideal talking point to illustrate a federal bureaucracy gone batty.

The Environmental Protection Agency, they warned, was trying to regulate something only God could control: the dust in the wind.

“Now, here comes my favorite of the crazy regulatory acts. The EPA is now proposing rules to regulate dust,” Rep. John Carter (R-Tex.) said on the House floor. He said Texas was full of dusty roads: “The EPA is now saying you can be fined for driving home every night on your gravel road.”

But last fall, an EPA advisory panel raised worries that more farmers could be affected. It recommended that the EPA make the current standards more strict, potentially bringing crackdowns elsewhere.
Gee, try reading the whole article, "counselor." It could save you from looking like a jagaloon. Whoops, too late!
There was in fact such a rule proposed. It was not "phantom", it was out there and Congress rightly wanted to eliminate it before it became law.

The jobs bill was tabled in the senate, it has yet to go to the congressional house.

So that's probably why they are not debating it. DUMBASS!!!

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figure if there are no jobs, the president loses.

If I recall the senate voted for the Chinese currency manipulation bill, before any jobs bill that Obama fronted.

you were speaking in dialectal, artistic language? where? :eusa_eh:

The jobs bill was tabled in the senate, it has yet to go to the congressional house.

So that's probably why they are not debating it. DUMBASS!!!

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figure if there are no jobs, the president loses.

If I recall the senate voted for the Chinese currency manipulation bill, before any jobs bill that Obama fronted.

you were speaking in dialectal, artistic language? where? :eusa_eh:

Jillian speaks the language of arrogance and stupidity. A bad combo.

And seriously.. bills about nonexistent EPA regs and nonbinding resolutions declaring that our motto is what our motto has always been?? this is what the Grand Ole Party has become?

Sadly, yes – the consequence of a Faustian bargain struck with social conservatives, religious fundamentalists, and the radical right – none of whom care about responsible governance.

Did the EPA just recently add HAY to the list of pollutants? Yes or no?

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figue if there are no jobs, the president loses.

then WHY are there 20 or so jobs related bills passed in the House, now sitting on Reids desk in the Senate?

they are tax cut bills... more of the right's effort to starve government til they can drown it in a bathtub. there is not one thing that actually creates jobs.

and before you say tax cuts create jobs, if that were the case, the tax cuts over the last 10 years have done nothing but led to increased income disparity. daddy bush was right when he called it voodoo economics.... not to mention the trillions business is intentionally sitting on.

And govt does not create jobs either.. or with the increase in govt spending, we would be out of this mess

It really doesn't matter what the House works on, chances are that the Senate won't even look at it.

But yes as of right now this is a non existing EPA regulation. But from the OP link:

But last fall, an EPA advisory panel raised worries that more farmers could be affected. It recommended that the EPA make the current standards more strict, potentially bringing crackdowns elsewhere.

So the House is trying to protect future jobs by limiting the EPA in advance. And again, the Senate won't look at it anyway............

As a Lawyer you know how Congress works. You know that LITERALLY hundreds of bills and proposals are discussed. That few of them take much time and that on a daily basis numerous committees and sub committees are discussing numerous things.

Could you provide for us the amount of actual time this was discussed? A chart perhaps that shows what other potential and actual bills were ignored by the time spent discussing this?

Perhaps you could detail for us the amount of time the Senate has spent discussing the ACTUAL bills sent to it by the House for our National Budgets? Ohh wait, Reid refuses to even send them to committee?

Perhaps as a Lawyer you can discuss with us how the proposed Jobs bill ( parts of which the House has stated they will debate and probably pass) is in total a good idea, where we will get the money for it and why YOU do not support proposals made by the Republican controlled house?

Forum List

Back