Instead of Jobs Bill, House Explores Bill on NONEXISTENT EPA REGS

The Republicans want to destroy the economy, so they can win the next election.

They could care less about the average worker.

You mean like the democrats wanted us to lose in Iraq so they can win the 2007 election?

They could care less about the lives of our soldiers.

See how that works?

Stop with the fucking buillshit.

Ok, seriously Jughead, are there multiple people using your account?? You have been saying some wicked stupid shit lately.

And seriously.. bills about nonexistent EPA regs and nonbinding resolutions declaring that our motto is what our motto has always been?? this is what the Grand Ole Party has become?

Sadly, yes – the consequence of a Faustian bargain struck with social conservatives, religious fundamentalists, and the radical right – none of whom care about responsible governance.

Regulations that do nothing to protect anyone's health and safety but do lots to eliminate jobs is now called "responsible governance"?
Obama and the Dems havent been responsible from the day they took office. When was the last time they passed a budget, which is a legal requirement?

The Republicans want to destroy the economy, so they can win the next election.

They could care less about the average worker.

You mean like the democrats wanted us to lose in Iraq so they can win the 2007 election?

See how that works?

Ok, seriously Jughead, are there multiple people using your account?? You have been saying some wicked stupid shit lately.

You think the Dems didnt play the Iraq War for political benefit? You really are dumber than fuck-all.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21104662/ns/politics/t/democratic-leaders-reject-tax-hike-fund-war/

Notice that the Democratic leadership did not raise taxes to pay for the war. I guess there's another lie by the Left exposed, that Bush got us into this mess by not paying for the war.

Last edited:

See how that works?

You think the Dems didnt play the Iraq War for political benefit? You really are dumber than fuck-all.
Democratic leaders reject tax hike to fund war - politics - msnbc.com

Notice that the Democratic leadership did not raise taxes to pay for the war. I guess there's another lie by the Left exposed, that Bush got us into this mess by not paying for the war.

I'm not dumb you are! :ahole-1:

Democratic leaders reject tax hike to fund war - politics - msnbc.com

I'm not dumb you are! :ahole-1:

Translation: I was caught lying and now I'm gonna yell insults.

Unfortunately, if they pass a spending cut or a tax plan that starts making the ~50% who do not pay fed income tax have a stake in the game, it will get shot down by the Senate and/or Obamalama

Do you ignorant fuckfaces know basic math and logic? You propose to close the deficit by taxing the incomes of people who don't really have much of an income? That's brilliant! While we're at it - lets encourage cities to levy property taxes on folks that have hardly any property - eliminate the homestead exemption! Its COMMUNIST!

Unfortunately, if they pass a spending cut or a tax plan that starts making the ~50% who do not pay fed income tax have a stake in the game, it will get shot down by the Senate and/or Obamalama

Do you ignorant fuckfaces know basic math and logic? You propose to close the deficit by taxing the incomes of people who don't really have much of an income? That's brilliant! While we're at it - lets encourage cities to levy property taxes on folks that have hardly any property - eliminate the homestead exemption! Its COMMUNIST!

Um, lots of places dont have a homestead exemption.
You appear to be the ignorant fuckface here. There is more money among middle class people than among the wealthy, because there are many more of them.

If they weren't so pathetic, the House would be really, really funny...

Impenetrable gridlock has forced Washington into an era of government-by-talking-point, and earlier this year Republicans found what they saw as the ideal talking point to illustrate a federal bureaucracy gone batty.

The Environmental Protection Agency, they warned, was trying to regulate something only God could control: the dust in the wind.

EPA puts out global call for environment photos.

“Now, here comes my favorite of the crazy regulatory acts. The EPA is now proposing rules to regulate dust,” Rep. John Carter (R-Tex.) said on the House floor. He said Texas was full of dusty roads: “The EPA is now saying you can be fined for driving home every night on your gravel road.”

There was just one flaw in this argument. It was not true.

The EPA’s new dust rule did not exist. It never did.

House panel to vote on phantom EPA dust rule - The Washington Post

Jeezus, Mary, Joseph, keep this country safe..

These people are complete and utter fools.

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figure if there are no jobs, the president loses.

If I recall the senate voted for the Chinese currency manipulation bill, before any jobs bill that Obama fronted.

That should clarify things ... even for subliterates like you.

you were speaking in dialectal, artistic language? where? :eusa_eh:

Jillian speaks the language of arrogance and stupidity. A bad combo.

Where are all her rightwing apologists? I mean she is such a reasonable non partisan left winger after all.

We don't need a 'jobs bill' where the government spends something it don't have and wastes good money that would otherwise be spent in the private sector instead of in red-tape filled governmental bureaucracy...

So... While I don't like it.. this congress is not going to get much of anything done

Please explain this to me DiamondDave:

We just ended 8 years of the most 'private sector' ass licking administration in history. The 'job creators' got everything they asked for: tax cuts (twice), over 400 major environmental rollbacks and corporate lawyers and lobbyists authoring our laws...

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING JOBS DAVE?

Aughts were a lost decade for U.S. economy, workers

For most of the past 70 years, the U.S. economy has grown at a steady clip, generating perpetually higher incomes and wealth for American households. But since 2000, the story is starkly different.

The past decade was the worst for the U.S. economy in modern times, a sharp reversal from a long period of prosperity that is leading economists and policymakers to fundamentally rethink the underpinnings of the nation's growth.

It was, according to a wide range of data, a lost decade for American workers. The decade began in a moment of triumphalism -- there was a current of thought among economists in 1999 that recessions were a thing of the past. By the end, there were two, bookends to a debt-driven expansion that was neither robust nor sustainable.

There has been zero net job creation since December 1999. No previous decade going back to the 1940s had job growth of less than 20 percent. Economic output rose at its slowest rate of any decade since the 1930s as well.

Middle-income households made less in 2008, when adjusted for inflation, than they did in 1999 -- and the number is sure to have declined further during a difficult 2009. The Aughts were the first decade of falling median incomes since figures were first compiled in the 1960s.

GR2010010101701.gif

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The period 2000 to 2008 saw an average unemployment rate of less than 5% and higher workforce participation rates than today. There's your jobs right there.
THings went downhill when Pelosi and the Dems took over COngress in 2006.

The period 2000 to 2008 saw an average unemployment rate of less than 5% and higher workforce participation rates than today. There's your jobs right there.
THings went downhill when Pelosi and the Dems took over COngress in 2006.

Hey Monica, list the legislation written by Pelosi and the Dems that ruined the economy. BTW, George W. Bush would have to SIGN the legislation, wouldn't he Monica???

Even the Wall Street Journal exposed Bush...

The failed 'conservative' revolution over the last 30 years is coming home to roost. Tax cuts for the wealthy created ZERO private sector jobs over the last decade.

And the right wing teapublicans want to do MORE of the same, but this time with malice toward the middle class, the unemployed and the poor.

WSJ%20logo.png

Lost Decade for American Income - WSJ.com

The downturn that some have dubbed the "Great Recession" has trimmed the typical household's income significantly, new Census data show, following years of stagnant wage growth that made the past decade the worst for American families in at least half a century.

The bureau's annual snapshot of American living standards also found that the fraction of Americans living in poverty rose sharply to 14.3% from 13.2% in 2008—the highest since 1994. Some 43.6 million Americans were living below the official poverty threshold, but the measure doesn't fully capture the panoply of government antipoverty measures.

The inflation-adjusted income of the median household—smack in the middle of the populace—fell 4.8% between 2000 and 2009, even worse than the 1970s, when median income rose 1.9% despite high unemployment and inflation. Between 2007 and 2009, incomes fell 4.2%.

"It's going to be a long, hard slog back to what most Americans think of as normalcy or prosperous times," said Nicholas Eberstadt, a political economist at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute.

The data, released Thursday, underscore the extent to which U.S. households relied on government benefits—and each other—to weather the recession and how living standards at the middle of the middle class have stalled. The report comes as the economy is at the center of a vigorous debate over how government policy can best help the poor and unemployed.

The median household income fell 0.7% to $49,777 in 2009, down 4.2% since 2007, when the recession started, the Census Bureau said.

The bureau said that the drop in income in the recent recession, so far, wasn't much different from those recorded in the early 1990s and early 2000s recessions, and was actually smaller than the 6% drop recorded in the deep recession of the early 1980s.

But there is a difference this time: In the prior three recessions, incomes fell after years of upswing, then resumed growing once the downturn ended. The decline this time comes on top of a long period in which incomes stagnated even through the recovery of 2003 to 2007.

WSJ%20logo.png

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.

Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

hyt-44804558211.png

OH yes it's all because of conservatives.............................

This city has had a Democrat as a Mayor since 1978........

Who do you blame this on?

Youngstown News, Youngstown leads nation with poverty rate of 49.7%

Hey Ollie, did you READ the article you posted? IT would be a good idea.

Well I read it over my morning coffee, that still doesn't answer the question.....

What are you attempting to say?

What I am attempting to say? You ASKED: "Who do you blame this on?" WHO does the article blame?

What's the problem? The EPA admitted it intended to make the "coarse particle" regulations more strict to include farms. Now it backs off because republicans brought it to light. I'd say the repubs are doing a pretty good job by uncovering the covert agenda of the ironicaly named "most open administration".

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under it leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble opinion, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution." --John Adams

It does appear that our congress in all it's efforts to please one anothers parties, rather than the people that actually sent them there have done one thing, they have succeeded in bringing down the reputation of a once great institution. When you have an economic train wreck such as our's and let's face it, one can play the blame game all they want to here, it serves no useful purpose to spend the taxpayers time debating bills on mottos that have been in place for over 40 years, 2 days on commemorative coins, and a whole host of other silly legislation, and not allow debate if you agree with it or not on legislation that will impact the economy. Frankly, congress should be ashamed that they seem to have time as was the case with Sen. McCain the other day to take up the Senates time talking about turtle tunnels, when there is much more pressing business to debate. The sad thing here is this, if your a Republican or a Democrat we are the one's that voted for this bunch, that would otherwise have been fired long ago for non-performance.

Forum List

Back