Instead of Jobs Bill, House Explores Bill on NONEXISTENT EPA REGS

"In God We Trust" reaffirmations, NONEXISTENT EPA REGS - it just goes to show how far out of touch the Republican/Tea Party is with reality!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-but-reid-refuses-to-schedule-for-votes.html are you sure you don't mean the dems in the senate who won't pass any jobs bills, not even obama's?

those aren't jobs bills. they're bills for deregulation and tax cuts.

nice try.

which is exactly what the GOP believes will create jobs.

But using your line of thinking...

Obamas bill is not a jobs bill. It is a spending bill designed to reward companies that are out there meeting his agenda.

See how that works? Goes both ways.

"In God We Trust" reaffirmations, NONEXISTENT EPA REGS - it just goes to show how far out of touch the Republican/Tea Party is with reality!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-but-reid-refuses-to-schedule-for-votes.html are you sure you don't mean the dems in the senate who won't pass any jobs bills, not even obama's?

those aren't jobs bills. they're bills for deregulation and tax cuts.

nice try.

They are bills that will create an environment that allows businesses to create more jobs than the current environment does.

More money and less govt interference in small businesses will create more jobs and an expansion of the economy benifitting all americans from poor to rich.

Do you think obama's jobs bill will create jobs? If so why did the dems in the senate stop it from passing? Obama's jobs bill is more of the same stimulus spending that has proven, over the last 3.5 years since bush started the tactic, to fail and will only serve as tax dollar political kickbacks for those who support the administration. Kinda like solindra last time around ;).

Wrong AGAIN... I already debunked your links. http://www.usmessageboard.com/4360330-post63.html

From the second link you posted:

In its Second External Review Draft of the Policy Assessment of the Review of the Particulate Matter National Ambient Air Quality Standards, released in June 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is considering the most stringent regulations on farm dust that have ever been proposed.

consider
verb

1) to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision; contemplate; reflect on

Wow, you're really showing your intellectual power, aren't you?

The EPA was PROPOSING a regulation.

I never said they passed this regulation, and them proposing it is enough for people in rural areas to take notice and want their representatives to do something about it.

How does the word considering change anything that I've said?

Rick

The EPA 'considered' changing the regulation. They discussed it. They never proposed changing the regulation. Is that clear enough?

So, in other words, they PROPOSED making a change to the regulation. And the House took their proposal seriously enough to take action on it. WOW, they did their jobs and protected the farmers that they represent. Anything else you'd like to complain about?

And in any case you are dead wrong on this issue. I've been hearing news reports about this proposal by the EPA for over a year now on every news network.

Once again, try educating yourself on an issue before spouting off what you consider to be correct.

Rick

Trying to dismantle the EPA, the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act will only create jobs for undertakers, grave diggers and chemotherapy technicians.

You right wing turds are Siamese twins of Marxists in Russia...you are Marketists.

Both extremes lead to the same ends...an environmental wasteland, and a nuclear time bomb.

All I hear is "Bla bla bla you are right and I can only offer up false claims to counter you bla bla bla"

Thats such fear mongering bullshit.

There was a time I thought you were a moderate...no longer. Your brain has been fully infested with right wing propaganda and lies. Truly sad.

I strongly suggest you investigate the Bush administration's environmental record. It is the worst record in history. His attack on every environmental law and policy will lead to the premature deaths of thousands of Americans every year and illnesses that cost American families billions of dollars in medical expenses. George W. Bush and Dick Cheney so severely disabled the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts, it will be impossible to force polluters to EVER clean up their toxins and carcinogens. And polluters can dump any debris they want into our streams and tributaries by just filing for a permit from the Corp of Engineers. Something that can be done by mail.

It will take decade to repair the damage he did to environmental protection.

Wow, you're really showing your intellectual power, aren't you?

The EPA was PROPOSING a regulation.

I never said they passed this regulation, and them proposing it is enough for people in rural areas to take notice and want their representatives to do something about it.

How does the word considering change anything that I've said?

Rick

The EPA 'considered' changing the regulation. They discussed it. They never proposed changing the regulation. Is that clear enough?

So, in other words, they PROPOSED making a change to the regulation. And the House took their proposal seriously enough to take action on it. WOW, they did their jobs and protected the farmers that they represent. Anything else you'd like to complain about?

And in any case you are dead wrong on this issue. I've been hearing news reports about this proposal by the EPA for over a year now on every news network.

Once again, try educating yourself on an issue before spouting off what you consider to be correct.

Rick

NO...you are wrong. The EPA 'considered' changing the regulation. They discussed it. It never made it past the discussion stage to being proposed, which would mean a change in the regulations. They never proposed changing the regulation.

Trying to dismantle the EPA, the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act will only create jobs for undertakers, grave diggers and chemotherapy technicians.

You right wing turds are Siamese twins of Marxists in Russia...you are Marketists.

Both extremes lead to the same ends...an environmental wasteland, and a nuclear time bomb.

All I hear is "Bla bla bla you are right and I can only offer up false claims to counter you bla bla bla"

There was a time I thought you were a moderate...no longer. Your brain has been fully infested with right wing propaganda and lies. Truly sad.

I strongly suggest you investigate the Bush administration's environmental record. It is the worst record in history. His attack on every environmental law and policy will lead to the premature deaths of thousands of Americans every year and illnesses that cost American families billions of dollars in medical expenses. George W. Bush and Dick Cheney so severely disabled the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts, it will be impossible to force polluters to EVER clean up their toxins and carcinogens. And polluters can dump any debris they want into our streams and tributaries by just filing for a permit from the Corp of Engineers. Something that can be done by mail.

The only lie is that republicans didn't pass any bills they thought believe will help create jobs. I dont like when some pulls a bullshit response like your was out of their ass to toss at me instead of just bringing a legitimate counter to what I said.

If me calling you out on your bullshit makes me some partisan in your mind so be it, you look even more partisan in light of the previous response you had given me.

As a side note, we already have laws on the books stopping manufacturers whom make things that cause toxic and polluting byproducts from dumping them in waters or other places. That is a giant exxageration on your part and its also why I think you were being a partisan hack here.

I know it sounds harsh and offensive but it is true.

Rick

NO...you are wrong. The EPA 'considered' changing the regulation. They discussed it. It never made it past the discussion stage to being proposed, which would mean a change in the regulations. They never proposed changing the regulation.

they also never took it off the docket as a topic that should be discussed.

So congress did it for them.

When initiatives are discussed and not clearly knocked down...they are in the minds of the business owners...not knowing when they may become topics again....for all the farmers knew, the topic would become a discussion again next month.

Now the farmers can stop thinking about it and get back to trying to generate revenue.

Well done by congress if you ask me.

Rick

So, you see the word consider in one article on the subject and you can say without pause that "they NEVER proposed changing the regulation?"

You are wrong. And guess what I just heard another story on the radio at lunch about this proposal by the EPA. The EPA went so far on this proposal that they commissioned studies on it. Sounds a little more serious that just a consideration to me. But then what do I know about the subject, right? I just live in the middle of a rural community with my property surrounded by farm land. I wouldn't know shit about this EPA proposal.

Get a clue, when someone knows what they're talking about you might want to stop blathering like an idiot long enough to educate yourself on the subject. Believe me, I have.

Rick

The Republicans are a wholly owned subsidary of the oil, gas, and coal companies.

They want the freedom to poison the earth at will.

The Republicans are a wholly owned subsidary of the oil, gas, and coal companies.

They want the freedom to poison the earth at will.

the democrats are wholly owned subsidaries of the banks and china.

They want the freedom to give away all our wealth as individuals and a nation at will

I just wanted to see what it was like to post bullshit like you did....i have to admit its pretty fun.

The only lie is that republicans didn't pass any bills they thought believe will help create jobs. I dont like when some pulls a bullshit response like your was out of their ass to toss at me instead of just bringing a legitimate counter to what I said.

If me calling you out on your bullshit makes me some partisan in your mind so be it, you look even more partisan in light of the previous response you had given me.

As a side note, we already have laws on the books stopping manufacturers whom make things that cause toxic and polluting byproducts from dumping them in waters or other places. That is a giant exxageration on your part and its also why I think you were being a partisan hack here.

From the OP article:

GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain cited it in a debate as a reason to eliminate the EPA.

Bush Administration Approves Most Damaging Change To Clean Water Act In Decades

Allows Waste Dumps in Streams Nationwide

Washington, DC-- The Bush administration today finalized changes to Clean Water Act regulations that would for the first time in 25 years allow the US Army Corps of Engineers to permit waste to fill and destroy the nation's waters. In an attempt to appease the coal mining industry and in a rush to avoid additional Congressional and public scrutiny, EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman signed the rule change.

"It says something when an administration takes an action like this late on a Friday -- that they hope no one sees it," said Joan Mulhern, senior legislative counsel for Earthjustice. "This is a 'Friday Night Massacre' for our nation's waters and it's the biggest threat to our nation's waters in decades, perhaps since the Clean Water Act passed 30 years ago. Allowing masses of industrial wastes to be dumped in streams, lakes, rivers, and wetlands is contrary to the very purpose of the Clean Water Act and represents a major weakening of current clean water law."

EPA's press release states this will "enhance environmental protections" for waters. "Nothing could be further from the truth," said Mulhern. "Anyone who has ever seen what happens when a stream is buried under 900 feet of mining rubble would not conclude that this is a good thing for water quality. More than 1000 miles of streams already have been destroyed in Appalachia by the coal companies that have been flouting the Clean Water Act for years while the EPA and the Corps looked the other way."

"Now that citizens have taken state and federal agencies to court to ensure our environmental laws are enforced, coal companies have sought -and been granted - legal relief from the Bush administration. Their lavish contributions to the Bush-Cheney campaign have just been paid back," Mulhern added.

Yes! Bush left office in 2009. Think of the thousands and thousands of people who have gotten sick and/or died since that time. All of them the direct result of Bush's policies.

You are really a dolt.

Rick

So, you see the word consider in one article on the subject and you can say without pause that "they NEVER proposed changing the regulation?"

You are wrong. And guess what I just heard another story on the radio at lunch about this proposal by the EPA. The EPA went so far on this proposal that they commissioned studies on it. Sounds a little more serious that just a consideration to me. But then what do I know about the subject, right? I just live in the middle of a rural community with my property surrounded by farm land. I wouldn't know shit about this EPA proposal.

Get a clue, when someone knows what they're talking about you might want to stop blathering like an idiot long enough to educate yourself on the subject. Believe me, I have.

Rick

WHAT don't you understand? Yes, they discussed it. Yes they studied it. But NO, they never proposed it become law. There is a HUGE difference between considering, discussing and studying and PROPOSING. You are being suckered by the people who write headlines.

From the OP article:

GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain cited it in a debate as a reason to eliminate the EPA.

Washington, DC-- The Bush administration today finalized changes to Clean Water Act regulations that would for the first time in 25 years allow the US Army Corps of Engineers to permit waste to fill and destroy the nation's waters. In an attempt to appease the coal mining industry and in a rush to avoid additional Congressional and public scrutiny, EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman signed the rule change.

"It says something when an administration takes an action like this late on a Friday -- that they hope no one sees it," said Joan Mulhern, senior legislative counsel for Earthjustice. "This is a 'Friday Night Massacre' for our nation's waters and it's the biggest threat to our nation's waters in decades, perhaps since the Clean Water Act passed 30 years ago. Allowing masses of industrial wastes to be dumped in streams, lakes, rivers, and wetlands is contrary to the very purpose of the Clean Water Act and represents a major weakening of current clean water law."

EPA's press release states this will "enhance environmental protections" for waters. "Nothing could be further from the truth," said Mulhern. "Anyone who has ever seen what happens when a stream is buried under 900 feet of mining rubble would not conclude that this is a good thing for water quality. More than 1000 miles of streams already have been destroyed in Appalachia by the coal companies that have been flouting the Clean Water Act for years while the EPA and the Corps looked the other way."

"Now that citizens have taken state and federal agencies to court to ensure our environmental laws are enforced, coal companies have sought -and been granted - legal relief from the Bush administration. Their lavish contributions to the Bush-Cheney campaign have just been paid back," Mulhern added.

Dude seriously why do you have to be dishonest about cain....he didn't call for eliminating the EPA he called for defunding it and then REBUILDING IT not eliminating it all together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVgUVC8maI]Herman Cain says the EPA needs an "attitude adjustment" - YouTube[/ame]

Yes! Bush left office in 2009. Think of the thousands and thousands of people who have gotten sick and/or died since that time. All of them the direct result of Bush's policies.

You are really a dolt.

A dolt is a person who only has an epiphany when it happens to a member of their family. Then, suddenly the see the light. That would be you. Protecting the air we breathe and the water we drink is not radical, evil or anti-business. A strong case could be made that NOT protecting the air we breathe and the water we drink IS radical, evil, anti-business and criminal.

Pollution is waste. When a company pollutes without cleaning up after themselves, they are forcing We, the People to pay to clean up THEIR garbage.

All of the federal environmental laws, every one of the 28 major environmental laws, were designed to restore free-market capitalism in America by forcing actors in the marketplace to pay the true cost of bringing their product to market.

Rick

WHAT don't you understand? Yes, they discussed it. Yes they studied it. But NO, they never proposed it become law. There is a HUGE difference between considering, discussing and studying and PROPOSING. You are being suckered by the people who write headlines.

What don't you understand? You're basing your opinion on one article. I'm basing the fact that the EPA proposed changing the regulation on multiple news broadcasts as well as first hand knowledge. Now, let me ask you, do you always base your idiotic assumptions on one piece of information when there are multiple other sources that say otherwise? Or is it just this one instance that you're being a complete and utter fool?

I live in the middle of Minnesota farm land. My house sits on an old farmstead with fields surrounding it. I talk to farmers daily. I also get involved in rural issues. Whether or not you want to believe it, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

And that means that I'm done discussing this with you because when you don't want to know the TRUTH and make assumptions based on ONE WORD IN ONE ARTICLE you're wasting my time.

So, if anyone else wants to discuss this based on FACTS and not falsehoods, I'm up for it, but this idiot doesn't get a further response on this subject.

Rick

From the OP article:

Dude seriously why do you have to be dishonest about cain....he didn't call for eliminating the EPA he called for defunding it and then REBUILDING IT not eliminating it all together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVgUVC8maI]Herman Cain says the EPA needs an "attitude adjustment" - YouTube[/ame]

DUDE...when you defund an entity, what happens to them? You are way beyond hope...DUDE.

Rick

What don't you understand? You're basing your opinion on one article. I'm basing the fact that the EPA proposed changing the regulation on multiple news broadcasts as well as first hand knowledge. Now, let me ask you, do you always base your idiotic assumptions on one piece of information when there are multiple other sources that say otherwise? Or is it just this one instance that you're being a complete and utter fool?

I live in the middle of Minnesota farm land. My house sits on an old farmstead with fields surrounding it. I talk to farmers daily. I also get involved in rural issues. Whether or not you want to believe it, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

And that means that I'm done discussing this with you because when you don't want to know the TRUTH and make assumptions based on ONE WORD IN ONE ARTICLE you're wasting my time.

So, if anyone else wants to discuss this based on FACTS and not falsehoods, I'm up for it, but this idiot doesn't get a further response on this subject.

Rick

I don't care if you live in a corn field, your accusation is a strawman. The articles I read came FROM YOU...

From your linked article...

Cathy Milbourn, a spokeswoman for the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., told the Democrat-Herald: “It’s too early in the review process to know whether or not EPA will revise the coarse particulate standard...

Rick

I don't care if you live in a corn field, your accusation is a strawman. The articles I read came FROM YOU...

From your linked article...

Cathy Milbourn, a spokeswoman for the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., told the Democrat-Herald: “It’s too early in the review process to know whether or not EPA will revise the coarse particulate standard...

which means that it was not yet a dead issue with the EPA.
So Congress opted to put it to rest....as they should have.

Forum List

Back