Instant Pot -Pros and Cons

Never heard of it, but just looked it up. Seems it also is a slow cooker, so donā€™t think it actually replaces one, the way I read it, but can be used as one-

Designed to cater to varying tastes and food conditions, the programs come with 3 adjustable settings, ā€œLessā€, ā€œNormalā€ and ā€œMoreā€ to achieve oneā€™s desired results; 3 temperatures in ā€˜SautĆ©ā€™ for searing, simmering or thickening for a maximum time of 30 minutes, and 3 temperatures in ā€˜Slow Cookā€™ to complete the tasks of a common slow cooker, and 3 temperatures in ā€˜Keep Warmā€™ to maintain food at different serving temperatures.

Donā€™t really know. But it obviously does much more. Be curious to hear if anyone has one. I do love my pressure cooker.

I have one... Bought it just before Christmas... I have the 6qt one and it is just the right size... You can take a cheaper cut of meat such as a Chuck Roast (not that they are cheap) and make it fork tender... If you can follow instructions there are a gazillion folks out there on the interweb that are professionals with this gizmo... Just Bing Instant Pot and so many people will tell you just how to do it... Cooking veggies such as tators and carrots, celery etc. is a little trickier... Timing is key for veggies...

Do you have to have one? Probably not, but it is a fun toy to play with...

Pressure Cookers rock :rock:

Already have a crockpot, I donā€™t really care if it takes 4-8 hours. So is an instant pot worth it and why?
It sounds like something to replace something that you already have that works fine.

A gadget that you will use once, shove it into the back of a kitchen cabinet and never see it again unless you are packing to move out.

Already have a crockpot, I donā€™t really care if it takes 4-8 hours. So is an instant pot worth it and why?
It sounds like something to replace something that you already have that works fine.

A gadget that you will use once, shove it into the back of a kitchen cabinet and never see it again unless you are packing to move out.

The best use for the Instant pot or pressure cooker is to make hard boiled eggs.
They always peel easily even if you use fresh eggs.

It is good for doing long cooks in less than a hour. but if you have a crock pot, you can just leave it on all day.
It def does the job though.
Forget to out the roast in crockpot? Done in pressure cooker in 45 and be tender as a crock pot.

It is good for doing long cooks in less than a hour. but if you have a crock pot, you can just leave it on all day.
It def does the job though.
Forget to out the roast in crockpot? Done in pressure cooker in 45 and be tender as a crock pot.
Oh I keep forgetting it's a pressure cooker.

I have a pressure canner. If I want to make a roast in 45 minutes, I'm set.

Next to the slap chop, and salad shooter.

I have one, and I use it often. Like any tool, its only as good as the operator.

So, that means I can burn water at twice the rate!

I have one... Bought it just before Christmas... I have the 6qt one and it is just the right size... You can take a cheaper cut of meat such as a Chuck Roast (not that they are cheap) and make it fork tender... If you can follow instructions there are a gazillion folks out there on the interweb that are professionals with this gizmo... Just Bing Instant Pot and so many people will tell you just how to do it... Cooking veggies such as tators and carrots, celery etc. is a little trickier... Timing is key for veggies...

Do you have to have one? Probably not, but it is a fun toy to play with...

Pressure Cookers rock :rock:

"Bing"???..... hahaha.... you use Bing?

Forum List

Back