Insight-saudi Arabia Fears Yemeni Tumult May Boost Its Main Foe Iran

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Saudi Arabic certainly doesn't want to see Iran being the big cheese in the Muslim world.

INSIGHT-Saudi Arabia fears Yemeni tumult may boost its main foe Iran
Source: Reuters - Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:45 GMT
Author: Reuters

By Angus McDowall

RIYADH, Oct 1 (Reuters) - The capture of Yemen's capital by rebels with ties to Iran has jolted Saudi Arabia, prompting a scramble by Riyadh to prevent its Shi'ite Muslim rival from exploiting the takeover to make trouble in the kingdom's backyard.

The Sunni Muslim country is also concerned that the security deterioration in its southern neighbour, where the Shi'ite Houthi fighters seized Sanaa on Sept. 21, does not benefit another old enemy, al Qaeda.

For the hereditary rulers of Saudi Arabia, a stable, wealthy oil kingpin, the 1,400-km (870 mile) border with turbulent, impoverished Yemen which snakes over remote mountains and desert, has always been a security nightmare.

Continue reading at:

INSIGHT-Saudi Arabia fears Yemeni tumult may boost its main foe Iran?

Much prefer the Shiah Houhti to the fundamentalist Wahabi Saudis and their Al Qaeda allies in Yemen.

Shiite fundamentalists are far more radical and deadly than Wahhabi Sunni's. ..... :cool:

what does that mean? How are you using the word "radical" ------by "deadly" are you
suggesting that the per capita kill rate is higher for Shiites than for sunnis? --are you suggesting that WAHHABIS are the good guys? -------I have known lots of Iranians----who were----Shiites----at least ---
----assumed to be by Iran et al --------I saw their hatred of Pakistanis and arabs long before I knew the word "Shiite"-----but I did
not see bloodshed and I certainly did not see "religion"

Perhaps its time that tomorrow we begin a little history about Iran, which will explain why everyone is mad and or jealous of Iran.

Perhaps its time that tomorrow we begin a little history about Iran, which will explain why everyone is mad and or jealous of Iran.

If you think that everyone is jealous of Iran, perhaps you can tell us why thousands and thousands of Iranians left for greener pastures, even climbing over mountains to get out. By the way, folks, do you realize the way you can tell an Iranian home in Southern California? They have at least two columns out front and usually a very high entrance way. Someone sent me some pictures of Tehran, and it showed these columns out front, and the older Iranians here are trying to emulate this. Even when smaller, old houses are being renovated, up go the columns. Some of the much. much larger houses even have lion heads as decorations in addition to the columns. Maybe Penelope, since she wants us to believe that she knows so much about the history of Iran, is contemplating having columns put up also.

go for it, Penelope. I cannot wait-------uhm---are you Iranian? I have an Iranian sister-in-law-------and in the course of my life---lots of Iranian friends-----both muslim and jews

go for it, Penelope. I cannot wait-------uhm---are you Iranian? I have an Iranian sister-in-law-------and in the course of my life---lots of Iranian friends-----both muslim and jews

That is good, then you can give insight into what life in Iran is like today. I was thinking of the 1900's, up to today. No I'm not Iranian nor do I know anyone who is. (that I know of as I do not ask).

That is good, then you can give insight into what life in Iran is like today. I was thinking of the 1900's, up to today. No I'm not Iranian nor do I know anyone who is. (that I know of as I do not ask).

Your comment is idiotic-----I have known Iranians since the midsixties when jewish kids were showing up in my town----being sent to the US by their parents from Iran-----something like the kids sent to England from Germany in the 1930s-----to protect them fron Nazis like you.. Then---I came into contact with both muslim and jewish doctors ----from Iran. I do not know Iranians living in Iran today. do you?

Your comment is idiotic-----I have known Iranians since the midsixties when jewish kids were showing up in my town----being sent to the US by their parents from Iran-----something like the kids sent to England from Germany in the 1930s-----to protect them fron Nazis like you.. Then---I came into contact with both muslim and jewish doctors ----from Iran. I do not know Iranians living in Iran today. do you?

I know many Iranians in my city, both Muslims and Jews. In fact, if Penelope had the opportunity to speak to them, they would tell her that they miss the Shah. Imagine that -- thousands and thousands of Iranians left because they didn't want to live under those religious crazies. In the entertainment section of the Los Angeles Times, there was once an interview with an Iranian Muslim comic. He said that every time he visit the relatives in Iran, his cousins ask him how they too can come to America to live. I wouldn't be surprised if many Iranians want to come to America also.

I know many Iranians in my city, both Muslims and Jews. In fact, if Penelope had the opportunity to speak to them, they would tell her that they miss the Shah. Imagine that -- thousands and thousands of Iranians left because they didn't want to live under those religious crazies. In the entertainment section of the Los Angeles Times, there was once an interview with an Iranian Muslim comic. He said that every time he visit the relatives in Iran, his cousins ask him how they too can come to America to live. I wouldn't be surprised if many Iranians want to come to America also.

sally---way back in the MID SIXTIES----young kids----like teens----were coming to my area-------jewish Iranians. ----they came without their parents-------and whenever they spoke about "home" ---they mentioned "OUR SHAH" with great affection. I was---of course----a teen myself-----I was impressed

sally---way back in the MID SIXTIES----young kids----like teens----were coming to my area-------jewish Iranians. ----they came without their parents-------and whenever they spoke about "home" ---they mentioned "OUR SHAH" with great affection. I was---of course----a teen myself-----I was impressed

Yes well the revolution in Iran proves that most did not want the British and US installed Shah, or the revolution would not of happened.

Are you talking the wealthy ones, yes I'm sure they did well under the Shah.

I am not interested in what unhappy people have to say , I am more interested in the history, I bet there are many unhappy people in SA as well and even in the US.

Are you talking the wealthy ones, yes I'm sure they did well under the Shah.

I am not interested in what unhappy people have to say , I am more interested in the history, I bet there are many unhappy people in SA as well and even in the US.
'

lol you again made no point, Penelope. -------if you have something credible to say----why not say it????

"unhappy people"???? what does that mean?------I have never met a happy german Nazi ----I was born AFTER your hero ADOLF died. I did come across a few happy islamo Nazi pigs-------on 9-11-01-----Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn------but even they were not happy for long

Most of the Shah worshipping Iranian people who left Iran were Jews.

Unfortunately, the majority resettled in the U.S. ....... :cool:

Yes the wealthy Persian Jews settled around Beverly Hills after the revolution , which they say the grand architect is mainly thanks to Persia.

Explaining Beverly Hills Persian Palaces - Curbed LA

I lived on the east coast----I don't know any Iranians from Beverly hills-------but I do know lots of muslim Iranians-----why did they leave? In fact----most of the Iranians I know are muslims----some are jews. The jews were leaving long before the Iranian muslims started to run from the Nazi filth you adore. The Iranian jews ---way back in the 60s were completely impoverished------they were supported by jews in my town------something like the jews who fled your Nazi filth in the 1930s---from germany

Yes the wealthy Persian Jews settled around Beverly Hills after the revolution , which they say the grand architect is mainly thanks to Persia.

I lived on the east coast----I don't know any Iranians from Beverly hills-------but I do know lots of muslim Iranians-----why did they leave? In fact----most of the Iranians I know are muslims----some are jews. The jews were leaving long before the Iranian muslims started to run from the Nazi filth you adore. The Iranian jews ---way back in the 60s were completely impoverished------they were supported by jews in my town------something like the jews who fled your Nazi filth in the 1930s---from germany

Hey maybe talk to the British and US for putting the Shah in, I guess Israel also like him.

Hey maybe talk to the British and US for putting the Shah in, I guess Israel also like him.

gee---you GUESS---quite a bit----don't you know anything? -----you do know islamo Nazi pig propaganda-------"the USA and Britain FORCED the shah on Iran'-----very good islamo Nazi parrot that you are. ----now the GOOD GUYS are in power OK fine with me

Forum List

Back