Saudi - Iran On The Verge Of War

you have a very simplistic mind. -----the situation in Yemen has been brewing for at least 100 years-------which----if you know a bit of arithmetic-----is before we entered Iraq. What is "this sort of thing"?

With Iraq as a power in the region you had 3 major powers all that hated each other. Iraq hated Iran and SA, SA hated Iraq and Iran and Iran hated Iraq and SA.

But because there was 3 of them, one of them could not go all in against one of the others without leaving themselves vulnerable to the third. So, while this "stuff" have been brewing for centuries, there was, based on the power structure, a cap on it. None of them dared go all in against another one.

Now that is gone, neither SA nor Iran have anyone to fear in the region but the other one.

And what did we get for our trillion dollars spent and thousands of lives lost? ISIS and a powder keg with nothing to stop it from blowing.

I do not agree---------the arab wars were just temporarily suspended or very incidental and off the radar. The spark
was not the USA incursion in Iraq------it was the "ARAB SPRING"----PLUS Iran's "cultural revolution"

There would have been no Arab spring had the US not invaded Iraq and created the power vacuum there. These things are all related to each other.

And by the way, as one who spent 20 years in the Marines, what we did in Iraq was not an "incursion", it was a full fledged invasion of a sovereign nation that was not a threat to us. Plus it was poorly thought out and the aftermath should go down in history as one of the biggest blunders ever.

I do not agree------the issues that inflamed arabs against
DA WEST -----existed long before it got the name "arab spring". I am old----but not 100. I heard about them from
muslims more than 50 years ago-----when I was but a tender teen

The Arab Spring was not directed at the West, it was directed inwards towards the ruling class of the region. They were directed at the brutal actions of the security police, along with higher unemployment, inflationary prices, and the of privatization of state assets by the ruling class.

you are a little naïve------All angry muslims sing "DEATH TO THE USA" --------or da west. or da joos

Not sure trumps opinion matters

Trump's reaction to the situation created by Iran that exists between Saudi Arabia and Yemen is VERY IMPORTANT.
In fact----the situation is of world wide importance----and will involve the USA --at the very least our Navy will be involved---we got at least one nuclear sub. there right now---FOR REASON

What do you mean "our" navy? You have no idea where US nuclear subs are located. That is the idea!

our Navy is our ships out there------no---I do not know their present location------other than the fact that they are in the
sea. "our" is USN . The only stuff I know about Navy
is AFTER it happens. ----. Israel has a few nuclear subs too-----for reason. I believe that Iran is the reason

Unless they are surfaced and making a port visit, you have no idea where our submarines are.

Israel does not possess any nuclear subs.

right----I do not know where they were-----my baby would not tell me. I believe that Israel bought a nuclear sub. from Germany

No. Germany doesn't even have nuclear subs. You are confused. Israel does have subs from Germany but they are diesel-electric.

you have a very simplistic mind. -----the situation in Yemen has been brewing for at least 100 years-------which----if you know a bit of arithmetic-----is before we entered Iraq. What is "this sort of thing"?

With Iraq as a power in the region you had 3 major powers all that hated each other. Iraq hated Iran and SA, SA hated Iraq and Iran and Iran hated Iraq and SA.

But because there was 3 of them, one of them could not go all in against one of the others without leaving themselves vulnerable to the third. So, while this "stuff" have been brewing for centuries, there was, based on the power structure, a cap on it. None of them dared go all in against another one.

Now that is gone, neither SA nor Iran have anyone to fear in the region but the other one.

And what did we get for our trillion dollars spent and thousands of lives lost? ISIS and a powder keg with nothing to stop it from blowing.

I do not agree---------the arab wars were just temporarily suspended or very incidental and off the radar. The spark
was not the USA incursion in Iraq------it was the "ARAB SPRING"----PLUS Iran's "cultural revolution"

There would have been no Arab spring had the US not invaded Iraq and created the power vacuum there. These things are all related to each other.

And by the way, as one who spent 20 years in the Marines, what we did in Iraq was not an "incursion", it was a full fledged invasion of a sovereign nation that was not a threat to us. Plus it was poorly thought out and the aftermath should go down in history as one of the biggest blunders ever.

DA WEST -----existed long before it got the name "arab spring". I am old----but not 100. I heard about them from

I believe it all started with the US instituting "regime change" in Iran and installing the Shah
in..1953?

you believe propaganda. The USA did not "install" the Shah-----Iranians did it. The USA supported that regime change in the same way that PUTIN IMPOSED TRUMP ON THE USA

I believe it all started with the US instituting "regime change" in Iran and installing the Shah
in..1953?

you believe propaganda. The USA did not "install" the Shah-----Iranians did it. The USA supported that regime change in the same way that PUTIN IMPOSED TRUMP ON THE USA

:eusa_naughty:

Trump's reaction to the situation created by Iran that exists between Saudi Arabia and Yemen is VERY IMPORTANT.
In fact----the situation is of world wide importance----and will involve the USA --at the very least our Navy will be involved---we got at least one nuclear sub. there right now---FOR REASON

What do you mean "our" navy? You have no idea where US nuclear subs are located. That is the idea!

our Navy is our ships out there------no---I do not know their present location------other than the fact that they are in the
is AFTER it happens. ----. Israel has a few nuclear subs too-----for reason. I believe that Iran is the reason

Unless they are surfaced and making a port visit, you have no idea where our submarines are.

right----I do not know where they were-----my baby would not tell me. I believe that Israel bought a nuclear sub. from Germany

No. Germany doesn't even have nuclear subs. You are confused. Israel does have subs from Germany but they are diesel-electric.

oh---sorry-----I should have said subs capable of shooting off
missiles with nuclear warheads----I think. I am delighted that neither Israel nor Germany has nuclear subs------
they seem dangerous to me

missiles with nuclear warheads----I think. I am delighted that neither Israel nor Germany has nuclear subs------

Germany has no nuclear weapons. A nuclear sub refers to their propulsion system. They are not that different from other subs except for their ability to stay submerged indefinitely. Diesel-electric boats are usually quieter and harder to detect.

Germany has no nuclear weapons. A nuclear sub refers to their propulsion system. They are not that different from other subs except for their ability to stay submerged indefinitely. Diesel-electric boats are usually quieter and harder to detect.

oh gee-----more dangerous than diesel--------but the USA does have nuclear subs--------SHEEEEESHS "EASY TO DETECT"?????????????????? <<<<MISTAKE!!!!!!

oh gee-----more dangerous than diesel--------but the USA does have nuclear subs--------SHEEEEESHS "EASY TO DETECT"?????????????????? <<<<MISTAKE!!!!!!

I never said they were easy to detect. I am not understanding your comment about "more dangerous than diesel".

Steam propulsion using nuclear reactor require circulating pumps to provide water to the steam generators and feed pumps for the non-nuclear loop in the propulsion side. Pumps are noisy, but our technology has made these more quiet over time. The older Russian submarines could heard half an ocean away because they were so noisy.

The conflict is religiously motivated so that in itself makes it petty.
I don't think Armageddon is going to be petty. This is fitting the bill.

I don't thing we are there yet-----but neither do I believe that the situation between Iran and Yemen and Saudi Arabia is going to go well. ------stuff is going to happen in the SEA
I think we're closer than many are willing to consider.

Good. Sooner Christ comes the sooner we can have 1000 years of peace

He is not returning, so quit counting on him.

He will be here sooner than you think

'An Act Of War'

'Saudi Arabia Blames Iran for Missile Attack'
'Yemeni rebels’ missile intercepted near Riyadh was made
in Iran, Saudis say; Iran denies involvement'

"Yemeni rebels’ missile attack on the Saudi capital on Saturday could be considered an Iranian act of war, Saudi Arabia said, in a statement likely to intensify tensions between the archrivals.

Saudi Arabia intercepted the ballistic missile east of Riyadh’s main airport after it flew more than 500 miles from Yemen. It was fired by Houthi rebels, who are
seen by Saudi Arabia as proxies of Iran.

The Saudi-led military coalition that has been
at war with the Houthis in Yemen for more than 2½ years “considers this a blatant act of military aggression by the Iranian regime and could rise to be considered as an act of war against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” according to a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

Debris from the missile showed it was made in Iran, the statement said, adding that the coalition “reserves its right to respond to Iran in the appropriate time and manner, in accordance with international law and based on the right of self-defense.”

Saudi Arabia Blames Iran for Missile Attack

the article does not say they're on the brink of war.

Splitting hairs is for the weak of mind...oh wait it's Jillian, never mind.

in..1953? The "Regime change" plan never works, but just like Communism, no matter how many times it fails, they keep thinking "It will work this time."

It's like Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football.

Actually the Shah was working well till we allowed him to be overthrown because we thought he was getting too friendly with the USSR. Under the Shah Iran had moved out of third world status and was a member of the industrialized nations. The Shah has softened his hardline and his son was western educated and would have been a strong ally to the US. Women in the country were given almost equal rights, the country was awash in foreign money and citizens there helping them learn to be a modern country. There was almost no part of Tehran that was not open to just about anyone and the people for the most part were friendly as could be.

But then, as normal, we blew it and allowed (some say orchestrated) the removal of the Shah and the rest of the story we all know very well.

in..1953? The "Regime change" plan never works, but just like Communism, no matter how many times it fails, they keep thinking "It will work this time."

Actually the Shah was working well till we allowed him to be overthrown because we thought he was getting too friendly with the USSR. Under the Shah Iran had moved out of third world status and was a member of the industrialized nations. The Shah has softened his hardline and his son was western educated and would have been a strong ally to the US. Women in the country were given almost equal rights, the country was awash in foreign money and citizens there helping them learn to be a modern country. There was almost no part of Tehran that was not open to just about anyone and the people for the most part were friendly as could be.

But then, as normal, we blew it and allowed (some say orchestrated) the removal of the Shah and the rest of the story we all know very well.

thanks----I remember it well. ---but I am not sure that WE
orchestrated the ouster of the Shah-------we neglected
to help him-----out of utter stupidity and, of course---then there was Carter (oy)

'An Act Of War'

"Yemeni rebels’ missile attack on the Saudi capital on Saturday could be considered an Iranian act of war, Saudi Arabia said, in a statement likely to intensify tensions between the archrivals.

Saudi Arabia intercepted the ballistic missile east of Riyadh’s main airport after it flew more than 500 miles from Yemen. It was fired by Houthi rebels, who are

at war with the Houthis in Yemen for more than 2½ years “considers this a blatant act of military aggression by the Iranian regime and could rise to be considered as an act of war against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” according to a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

Debris from the missile showed it was made in Iran, the statement said, adding that the coalition “reserves its right to respond to Iran in the appropriate time and manner, in accordance with international law and based on the right of self-defense.”

oh yeah everything is always Irans fault,the saudis are not evil and never trying to start wars with other countries.:rolleyes:

to help him-----out of utter stupidity and, of course---then there was Carter (oy)

I have never bought into the idea that we orchestrated it, but I have to admit I have read some compelling arguments that we did.

Either way, it was utter stupidity by one of the worst we have had running our country.

'An Act Of War'

oh yeah everything is always Irans fault,the saudis are not evil and never trying to start wars with other countries.:rolleyes:

I is old. I don't remember IRAN as a scapegoat. When did Iran become a scapegoat for ANYONE "always" I is old. Saudi Arabia has no interest in anything but keeping its oil wealth and being the SHEIK for the middle east. Very recently----Iran has turned RABID SHIITE IMPERIALIST <<<fact. Try to stick to reality

I have never bought into the idea that we orchestrated it, but I have to admit I have read some compelling arguments that we did.

Either way, it was utter stupidity by one of the worst we have had running our country.

Until Obama, yes!

Until Obama, yes!

Right now I put Obama, Bush II and Carter all on about the same level. Too early to tell about Trump but it is not starting well that is for sure. He just might outdo the all as the crappiest president ever.

Until Obama, yes!

Right now I put Obama, Bush II and Carter all on about the same level. Too early to tell about Trump but it is not starting well that is for sure. He just might outdo the all as the crappiest president ever.

Bush I wasn't all that good, either. After all, he never built an inch of wall like he was supposed to, and drafted NAFTA, too.

Forum List

Back