Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare

So you consider yourself better informed when you watch people like Ed Schulz, Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar and Al Sharpton?

Now where have I heard this one before?

I sometimes check out Maddow's blog.

Perhaps once a week....and?

Somehow you think you are more well informed... what a conundrum...

we have been waiting a long time for you to become informed ... I guess its true what they say ... you can't inform stupid ...

My first thought when reading the title of this thread is that if Political Junky fact checked anyone and found them lacking, they are probably 100% correct.

its what we've been say for a long time now ... you republicans don't research anything ... you say shit that you rely on a blogger for ... then when your facts that turn out to bite you in the ass time and time again ...

here was a couple who owned their own business ... they said that obama care will cause them to go broke cause they will be forced to buy health care for them ... and they won't be able to hire any people because of it ...that was the furthest from the truth ... you see these business people only had 4 part time people working for them ...

if you took time to do your research before you put these uneducated morons on Hannity show to try and ridicule obama care he wouldn't be looking so stupid now ... all three couples had no clue what obama care was ... nor did they even try to go to the website or call in to find out what your rights are ... they just come on a hannitys show then show us all to see their tyrpical republican ignorance...

Turns out that FOX Network's outstanding ratings are caused by liberals fixed to their screen in order to suss out something of which to complain.

Were the liberals to watch their own MSNBC the ratings picture would be much different.

Ain't that some funny shit?

So has anyone "fact-checked" the author of the blog?

There's always 3 sides to every story: one side, the other side, and the truth

Shh that doesn't support the position.

I find it amusing that people who do not watch Fox New are more informed than people who do.

IOW, you are better off living in a cave than watching Fox.....lmao.

So you consider yourself better informed when you watch people like Ed Schulz, Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar and Al Sharpton?

I tend to watch a bit of all of them. None of them is wrong all the time, and they all are capable of making decent points at times. But make no mistake, most of them are all biased to a certain degree, one way or the other. Honestly, I think CNN has done the best job lately of trying to give equal time to both sides. They are still tilted left, but not too much. It's funny that their viewership has not gone up then again, maybe not. I'm starting to believe most people are not so interested in facts and truth as they are sensationalism, regardless of which side they choose.

the reason they are tilted to the left is because they were right in their analysis ... one of the biggest problems that people on the right have is when they see anything they don't like, their response is They are still tilted left ... could it be that its not tilted to the left ???could it be you on the right don't like the result ...

Oh my, this writer checked up on Hannity's panel. <My comment

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare - Salon.com

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. &#8220;Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,&#8221; Hannity announced, &#8220;and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.&#8221; Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their &#8220;Obamacare&#8221; horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

&#8220;These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,&#8221; Hannity interjected.

But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.

I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity&#8217;s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

Actually I did go to the site and sign up for obama care health care plan ...right now I'm waiting for conformation ... its been one day, it takes two days ... if I don't hear anything from them today I have a number to call back on ... they will help me find out where its at ... I was paying $550 an month with a 5000 deductible ... I will be paying $251.12 a month with a 250 dollar deductible .. I didn't have any problem signing up ... when I contacted them by phone which is required to do If you sign up ... the problem you have is you haven't looked into it but you're quick to regurgitate the republican shit ... so stay uninformed ... I on the other hand will stay healthy ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it amusing that people who do not watch Fox New are more informed than people who do.

IOW, you are better off living in a cave than watching Fox.....lmao.

I also like Lawrence O'Donnell and Chris Hayes. I have the afternoon programming on in the background as well. Ed, Rev. Al, Chris Matthews aren't that interesting anymore imo but the channel is always updating itself. I like that.

Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra's son will be joining the lineup in the near future.

Mia Farrow's Son Ronan Lands TV Show

A book deal, tabloid attention and now a new television show — it's a busy time in the public eye for 25-year-old Ronan Farrow.

MSNBC announced Wednesday that it had hired Mia Farrow's son, a human rights activist and former Rhodes scholar, to host a weekday program on the left-leaning cable television network starting sometime next year.

MSNBC chief executive Phil Griffin said that Farrow's show "will be a game changer for MSNBC, representing a fresh approach to how we deliver news." He didn't specify what he meant. MSNBC has struggled in the ratings in the post-election period.

Farrow, in a statement, said he was excited to shake up people's expectations for cable news.

"This is a new generation of news show for a new, more engaged generation of viewers," he said. "It's a show about why the news matters to you — and what you can do to be part of the story."

MSNBC Hires Mia Farrow's Son Ronan for Show - ABC News

Is this any surprise?

These people don't care about facts or reality. They are driven by pure emotion and greed.

They are all opinion, not hard news.

There is a difference you know.

Oh wait. I forgot. You guys seem to think everything coming out of FOX, MSNBC, CNN,and NPR os all hard news.

Silly you.

Last edited:
They are all opinion, not hard news.

There is a difference you know.

Oh wait. I forgot. You guys seem to think everything coming out of FOX, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC,CBS, NPR and ABC is hard news.

Silly you.

Fox Sports I expect to see sports programming.

What should be expected of a station called Fox News?

Last edited:
Oh you'll see hard line news.

You'll also see O'Reilly, Hannity and others who are opinion my friend.

All cable news has em. Hard news and opinion.

Oh you'll see hard line news.

You'll also see O'Reilly, Hannity and others who are opinion my friend.

All cable news has em. Hard news and opinion.

That people take as fact. It's not like they are portraying these shows as Sci-fi. These are people seen as sources of information. Incorrect information that is often misleading.

don't like what fox news says, don't watch it.

FOX is not news.

It's Saudi propaganda.

Gotta love the way rw's work SO hard to stay ignorant. The rw maroons KNOW fux programming is controlled by a muslin but they're so anti-America, they don't care. The rw maroons also know fux lies to them and they lchlurp it up anyway. Just shows you how much the right hates America.

fingers-in-ears3.jpg

Actually I did go to the site and sign up for obama care health care plan ...right now I'm waiting for conformation ... its been one day, it takes two days ... if I don't hear anything from them today I have a number to call back on ... they will help me find out where its at ... I was paying $550 an month with a 5000 deductible ... I will be paying $251.12 a month with a 250 dollar deductible .. I didn't have any problem signing up ... when I contacted them by phone which is required to do If you sign up ... the problem you have is you haven't looked into it but you're quick to regurgitate the republican shit ... so stay uninformed ... I on the other hand will stay healthy ...

I wouldn't worry about it

Looks like you've already conformed

:eusa_shifty:

I also like Lawrence O'Donnell and Chris Hayes. I have the afternoon programming on in the background as well. Ed, Rev. Al, Chris Matthews aren't that interesting anymore imo but the channel is always updating itself. I like that.

Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra's son will be joining the lineup in the near future.

A book deal, tabloid attention and now a new television show — it's a busy time in the public eye for 25-year-old Ronan Farrow.

MSNBC announced Wednesday that it had hired Mia Farrow's son, a human rights activist and former Rhodes scholar, to host a weekday program on the left-leaning cable television network starting sometime next year.

MSNBC chief executive Phil Griffin said that Farrow's show "will be a game changer for MSNBC, representing a fresh approach to how we deliver news." He didn't specify what he meant. MSNBC has struggled in the ratings in the post-election period.

Farrow, in a statement, said he was excited to shake up people's expectations for cable news.

"This is a new generation of news show for a new, more engaged generation of viewers," he said. "It's a show about why the news matters to you — and what you can do to be part of the story."

I'm looking forward to Ronan Farrow's show.

I'm looking forward to Ronan Farrow's show.

OMG, you can see his dad straightaway (in his face.)

Forum List

Back