Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Oh my, this writer checked up on Hannity's panel. <My comment

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare - Salon.com

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. &#8220;Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,&#8221; Hannity announced, &#8220;and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.&#8221; Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their &#8220;Obamacare&#8221; horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

&#8220;These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,&#8221; Hannity interjected.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't like what fox news says, don't watch it.

I find it amusing that people who do not watch Fox New are more informed than people who do.

IOW, you are better off living in a cave than watching Fox.....lmao.

I find it amusing that people who do not watch Fox New are more informed than people who do.

So you consider yourself better informed when you watch people like Ed Schulz, Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar and Al Sharpton?

Now where have I heard this one before?

So you consider yourself better informed when you watch people like Ed Schulz, Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar and Al Sharpton?

I sometimes check out Maddow's blog.

Perhaps once a week....and?

Turns out that FOX Network's outstanding ratings are caused by liberals fixed to their screen in order to suss out something of which to complain.

Were the liberals to watch their own MSNBC the ratings picture would be much different.

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare - Salon.com

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. &#8220;Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,&#8221; Hannity announced, &#8220;and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.&#8221; Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their &#8220;Obamacare&#8221; horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

&#8220;These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,&#8221; Hannity interjected.
Doing my best to figure out who Eric Stern is. Probably something you hadn't thought of doing. He seems to be nothing other than a writer for Salon. No history, no great statements of his position but another obie ghost of propoganda.

Do you really need to worry about a TV personality and some moron nobody even knows to tell you this obiecare wreck is a disaster or not? Go to the f*cking site and you will immediately recognize the fail. Listen to president shamwow try to sell it like it's a late night TV commercial. Look at the numbers of people signing up versus the number that have now lost their insurance due to this law. Look at the unemployment and the people needing welfare because of this law.

Yet you put all your chips in on someone promoting this failure. Hannity is like the crew that knows the Titanic is going down. You people are the band playing while it sinks.

I tend to watch a bit of all of them. None of them is wrong all the time, and they all are capable of making decent points at times. But make no mistake, most of them are all biased to a certain degree, one way or the other. Honestly, I think CNN has done the best job lately of trying to give equal time to both sides. They are still tilted left, but not too much. It's funny that their viewership has not gone up then again, maybe not. I'm starting to believe most people are not so interested in facts and truth as they are sensationalism, regardless of which side they choose.

My first thought when reading the title of this thread is that if Political Junky fact checked anyone and found them lacking, they are probably 100% correct.

I sometimes check out Maddow's blog.

Perhaps once a week....and?

Somehow you think you are more well informed... what a conundrum...

But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.

I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity&#8217;s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

Thank you. Add "fact checking" to a big old Negatory, Big Ben from the right wing poo-flingers.

said by a strong fox noise supporter ... you know the type ... ring in their nose and fox noise shoving it in from the back side of things ... they love their packers...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back