Insane Heartless Detroit Judge Rules Blacks Do Not Have A Right To Free Water

Water is a natural resource. No one should be paying for it.
Water is free if you don't mind getting it yourself.

But if you want it delivered to your house in a pipe, that costs money. who do you think pays for that shit?
The company pays for the infrastructure. They already made that cost back years ago. Doesn't cost them any money to let it flow up another pipe for six months while people get their stuff together. Its called a grace period..
Like NO fuck witt.
Here's two words you may like to look up the meaning of: FUCKING MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!
Are you really that stupid you actually believe that once the infrastructure to deliver water was put in place there is then no longer any expense involved?
What the fuck do you think all those jerk-off Blacks are doing leaning on their shovels gawking into a hole in the ground are there for? Notice the long round things lying on the ground? They are called 'pipes' and they are meant to carry water.
You retard. Once the infrastructure is in place the cost of maintenance is minimal. The cost is nowhere near what they make in revenue. They can have a six month grace period. Please dont try to explain business cost to me when you are on welfare white boy.
Perhaps you don't know that the Detroit Water and Sewer District is already deeply in debt.

Perhaps you don't know that he doesn't care. He just wants "free" stuff.

But if you want it delivered to your house in a pipe, that costs money. who do you think pays for that shit?
The company pays for the infrastructure. They already made that cost back years ago. Doesn't cost them any money to let it flow up another pipe for six months while people get their stuff together. Its called a grace period..
Like NO fuck witt.
Here's two words you may like to look up the meaning of: FUCKING MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!
Are you really that stupid you actually believe that once the infrastructure to deliver water was put in place there is then no longer any expense involved?
What the fuck do you think all those jerk-off Blacks are doing leaning on their shovels gawking into a hole in the ground are there for? Notice the long round things lying on the ground? They are called 'pipes' and they are meant to carry water.
You retard. Once the infrastructure is in place the cost of maintenance is minimal. The cost is nowhere near what they make in revenue. They can have a six month grace period. Please dont try to explain business cost to me when you are on welfare white boy.
Perhaps you don't know that the Detroit Water and Sewer District is already deeply in debt.

I get it. I like free stuff too. I just understand that nothing is really free, and that water distribution is pretty uniquely unsuited to being tax funded.

Like NO fuck witt.

I get it. I like free stuff too. I just understand that nothing is really free, and that water distribution is pretty uniquely unsuited to being tax funded.

These people just don't want to pay for ANYTHING. It's amazingly pathetic

NO one pays for water. They pay for the infrastructure to get the water to their home, the cleanliness of the water and the infrastructure to transport and treat the waste.
If one wants no cost water, they can collect rain water or have a well dug.

Actually no, you can't just dig a well. The government will condemn it and force you to buy water. Even if you did dig a well unless you use a bucket that water is not exactly free. You can buy a lot of water for what it cost to drill a well.

How am i gwine wash my cadollac.? I ain't goin' to no welfare office in no dirty car. This is distingination.

Judge won t stop shut-offs says no right to free water

sep 29 2014
Detroit — U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes on Monday refused to block the city from shutting off water to delinquent customers for six months, saying there is no right to free water and Detroit can't afford to lose the revenue.

Rhodes's order served as a stinging rejection of arguments made by thousands of protesters who staged rallies last summer fighting shutoffs and argued that there is a fundamental right to water service.
Do you walk around talking this kind of shit, or do you only do it on the internet where you know you won't have to deal with real life repercussions? What an asshole you are.
You know good and well kids like him are meek and timid in real life. He probably wears depends in public so everytime a person of color gets near him it wont be obvious he has peed on himself.
The fucking race card?
You're an intellectual weakling.
LMAO Oh, the irony.

Obviously you've never owned one. Figures you think giving customers a grace period would financially ruin the company. Thats why you are a worker bee or on welfare. You dont understand things at the level required to conduct business. They arent selling backpacks. Everyone needs water so they always have revenue coming in and plenty more set aside just in case. Its amazing what you employees end up believing.

Actually you're full of shit. I work presently for a utility, and I see first hand what has to be done to conduct the business.
There are many programs that help low income ratepayers, and even some that pay their entire utility bill, however many of the programs dry up when federal dollars stop coming in.
Most utilities themselves help low income ratepayers, with there own programs. Now at some point the non paid bills either get written off, or they have to be paid. My utility on most days will have to disconnect water and electric services for around 30 ratepayers that have ran out of energy assistance dollars, and can't pay the bill themselves. This is after they have went 60 days without paying the bill, or contacted us to make new payment arrangements.
Bottom line, you simply don't let people have free water and or electricity forever, and if they do not have a medical reason barring us from legally disconnecting services, then the lights go out, and the water stops running.
Big difference between working for one and owning one. As an employee you dont get to see the bottom line. As long as line that stipulates paying you a third of what they make in profit off your work is maintained, they dont care. Like I said a grace period is not going to hurt the company. You just fell for the company line that said you will lose your job if some people get too long of a grace period. IOW you were frightened. Why do you think they pay some peoples bills and have all those programs moron? You just basically contradicted yourself.
It's called welfare, moron. Who do you think pays for the deadbeats? Duh, it gets passed on to the people who are more responsible about paying their bills. IOW everyone that pays gets punished into having to foot the bill for the deadbeats. Course if the feds hand over checks that means I get to pay for deadbeats in chicago even though I don't live in chicago or pay for city water.
If we as taxpayers can pay for corporate welfare why are you whining about doing the same for people that need water moron?
Yeah cause corporations that produce products, make payroll, and PAY THEIR UTILITY BILLS is the same thing as deadbeats that want free utilities.
guess you weren't paying attention to the story...50% of the money for the water past due is from corporations and businesses not paying their bills....they accounted for 12% of the accounts past due, yet they owed 50% of the money past due,,,,but the city manager appointed by the governor decided NOT to shut the businesses water and not to go after these 12% of their accounts late for half of the millions of dollars past due, and to go after and shut down the individual home owners instead....giving the businesses a ''pass''.....

They could have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by going after these 12% of delinquent accounts first, for the 50% of the past due amount that the city was owed, by not having to pay a gazillion union city waterworks employees to go out and shut off the water of all the individuals....

if getting the money past due was so important, then why not go after the handful of accounts that owe them the most FIRST.... one visit from one shut off employee to these 12% that were businesses, could have gotten them millions in return near immediately.... but I guess they felt keeping their employees busy with the thousands and thousands of menial individual accounts would give more waterworks employees a bigger paycheck.....

so so mismanaged!!!

Then on top of this above situation... 24,000,000,000, yes that's 24 billion gallons of water a year is wasted and leaked from their rotted water pipes, making Detroit's citizen's water bill, the highest price in the Nation.....and harder to pay, especially for those on a limited or fixed income....

JUST FIXING THEIR corroded leaking pipes could help them, and their citizens for having to pay for this WASTE, year after year after year, tremendously.

Actually you're full of shit. I work presently for a utility, and I see first hand what has to be done to conduct the business.
There are many programs that help low income ratepayers, and even some that pay their entire utility bill, however many of the programs dry up when federal dollars stop coming in.
Most utilities themselves help low income ratepayers, with there own programs. Now at some point the non paid bills either get written off, or they have to be paid. My utility on most days will have to disconnect water and electric services for around 30 ratepayers that have ran out of energy assistance dollars, and can't pay the bill themselves. This is after they have went 60 days without paying the bill, or contacted us to make new payment arrangements.
Bottom line, you simply don't let people have free water and or electricity forever, and if they do not have a medical reason barring us from legally disconnecting services, then the lights go out, and the water stops running.
Big difference between working for one and owning one. As an employee you dont get to see the bottom line. As long as line that stipulates paying you a third of what they make in profit off your work is maintained, they dont care. Like I said a grace period is not going to hurt the company. You just fell for the company line that said you will lose your job if some people get too long of a grace period. IOW you were frightened. Why do you think they pay some peoples bills and have all those programs moron? You just basically contradicted yourself.
It's called welfare, moron. Who do you think pays for the deadbeats? Duh, it gets passed on to the people who are more responsible about paying their bills. IOW everyone that pays gets punished into having to foot the bill for the deadbeats. Course if the feds hand over checks that means I get to pay for deadbeats in chicago even though I don't live in chicago or pay for city water.
If we as taxpayers can pay for corporate welfare why are you whining about doing the same for people that need water moron?
Yeah cause corporations that produce products, make payroll, and PAY THEIR UTILITY BILLS is the same thing as deadbeats that want free utilities.
guess you weren't paying attention to the story...50% of the money for the water past due is from corporations and businesses not paying their bills....they accounted for 12% of the accounts past due, yet they owed 50% of the money past due,,,,but the city manager appointed by the governor decided NOT to shut the businesses water and not to go after these 12% of their accounts late for half of the millions of dollars past due, and to go after and shut down the individual home owners instead....giving the businesses a ''pass''.....

They could have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by going after these 12% of delinquent accounts first, for the 50% of the past due amount that the city was owed, by not having to pay a gazillion union city waterworks employees to go out and shut off the water of all the individuals....

if getting the money past due was so important, then why not go after the handful of accounts that owe them the most FIRST.... one visit from one shut off employee to these 12% that were businesses, could have gotten them millions in return near immediately.... but I guess they felt keeping their employees busy with the thousands and thousands of menial individual accounts would give more waterworks employees a bigger paycheck.....

so so mismanaged!!!
I won't defend the way Detroit has been managed (or mismanaged) for years, but shutting off homes rather than businesses makes sense.

If you shut off water to a business none, of the employees can go to work. That's people who probably ARE paying their water bills because they have jobs. Not being able to work means not getting paid. Not getting paid means they are more likely to not be able to pay their water bill. If a business can't operate it can't bring in any money to pay employees or bills. The problem just gets worse.

Emotionally, it makes perfect sense to go after businesses rather than individuals. Logically, not so much.

so so mismanaged!!!
I won't defend the way Detroit has been managed (or mismanaged) for years, but shutting off homes rather than businesses makes sense.

If you shut off water to a business none, of the employees can go to work. That's people who probably ARE paying their water bills because they have jobs. Not being able to work means not getting paid. Not getting paid means they are more likely to not be able to pay their water bill. If a business can't operate it can't bring in any money to pay employees or bills. The problem just gets worse.

Emotionally, it makes perfect sense to go after businesses rather than individuals. Logically, not so much.
I have swayed back and forth on this myself, even had a good debate with you, (I believe?) a few months back....

But, if businesses like a golf course, can't pay their water bill on time or what they owe in rears, then how can one expect the poorest people in the city, mostly unemployed or on fixed incomes, to pay their bills? When a business, has many more avenues to come up with the money they owe, such as borrowing it from a bank, or putting it on the company credit card etc, vs. those poorest individuals with no means to borrow?

I think the city manager made a mistake... or intentionally went after the masses, because this kept the workers busy and employed with going after the many, and this made the city more money in shut off and reconnection fees by going after the many vs the few that owed them half of their past due amount.

When I found out it was a Golf Course, as the business account that owed them the most money, it caught me off guard at first....but it did make sense that a golf course would use the MOST water.... and very very few employees that would be without work if they were shut off.

I'm not saying the individuals should not have to pay what they owe....

I just think the city of Detroit handled this whole thing poorly, from a PR sense, and a financial sense.

How am i gwine wash my cadollac.? I ain't goin' to no welfare office in no dirty car. This is distingination.

Judge won t stop shut-offs says no right to free water

sep 29 2014
Detroit — U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes on Monday refused to block the city from shutting off water to delinquent customers for six months, saying there is no right to free water and Detroit can't afford to lose the revenue.

Rhodes's order served as a stinging rejection of arguments made by thousands of protesters who staged rallies last summer fighting shutoffs and argued that there is a fundamental right to water service.
Do you walk around talking this kind of shit, or do you only do it on the internet where you know you won't have to deal with real life repercussions? What an asshole you are.
You know good and well kids like him are meek and timid in real life. He probably wears depends in public so everytime a person of color gets near him it wont be obvious he has peed on himself.
The fucking race card?
You're an intellectual weakling.
Your cave chimp friend played the race card. You must have missed the OP title. So much for your intellect. I wouldnt even call it weak. I'd call none existent. How did you miss the fucking title of the OP?

Last edited:

Like NO fuck witt.
Bullshit it is....Have you any clue the process of water purification and the incredible expense incurred by the water provider?
All you know is your fellow members of a PC protected class are wanting another fucking handout and you're all for it...
"white boy"?....Oh and I suppose your being a negro allows you free rein to post racial epithets?
We'll just see about that....
Did I hurt your feelings calling a racist white boy? If so too bad. If you dont like it ignore it or curb your feral chimp for me. If you dont deal with the monkey I will.

so so mismanaged!!!

I have swayed back and forth on this myself, even had a good debate with you, (I believe?) a few months back....

But, if businesses like a golf course, can't pay their water bill on time or what they owe in rears, then how can one expect the poorest people in the city, mostly unemployed or on fixed incomes, to pay their bills? When a business, has many more avenues to come up with the money they owe, such as borrowing it from a bank, or putting it on the company credit card etc, vs. those poorest individuals with no means to borrow?

I think the city manager made a mistake... or intentionally went after the masses, because this kept the workers busy and employed with going after the many, and this made the city more money in shut off and reconnection fees by going after the many vs the few that owed them half of their past due amount.

When I found out it was a Golf Course, as the business account that owed them the most money, it caught me off guard at first....but it did make sense that a golf course would use the MOST water.... and very very few employees that would be without work if they were shut off.

I just think the city of Detroit handled this whole thing poorly, from a PR sense, and a financial sense.
It's true that a business should have more avenues for acquiring money to pay their bills, though if they are that far behind they have probably tapped most of the resources they had quite a while ago. I don't know the whole story, but a golf course does seem like a good target for the shutdown crews. Few employees to be affected, large water consumption, and at first blush not a seemingly critical role in the economy of the city.

Then on top of this above situation... 24,000,000,000, yes that's 24 billion gallons of water a year is wasted and leaked from their rotted water pipes, making Detroit's citizen's water bill, the highest price in the Nation.....and harder to pay, especially for those on a limited or fixed income....

JUST FIXING THEIR corroded leaking pipes could help them, and their citizens for having to pay for this WASTE, year after year after year, tremendously.

I agree that if the infrastructure needs serious repair, they should float a bond issue in November to fund the repair or to replace the faulty pipes. I wonder if the voting public in Detroit and the surrounding suburbs that are served by the Water Authority would pass a bill that would result in a raise in their property taxes.

so so mismanaged!!!

Close anything but the golf course!!! Obama might go to Detroit and not be able to do what he does best.
Just kidding. I heard he is a lousy golfer.

[

First let me say LEARN HOW TO DELETE. Your threads always contain comments from 10 other posters.

As to giving businesses a pass - the last thing detroit wants to do is chase out the businesses. But chasing out those on welfare makes a lot of sense. THINK

Forum List

Back