Insane, drug addict, alcoholic, no problem in the military

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2016
Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues
\

If self-mutilation occurs in a military setting, Ritchie said, it could be disruptive for a unit. A soldier slashing his or her own skin could result in blood on the floor, the assumption of a suicide attempt and the potential need for medical evacuation from a war zone or other austere place.

A legacy of problems
Accepting recruits with poor qualifications can cause problems. In 2006, for example, an Iraqi girl was raped and her family killed by U.S. soldiers, one of whom required waivers for minor criminal activity and poor educational background to join the Army.

This change is necessary to allow mentally ill transgenders in. Letting in the mentally ill is going to have undreamed of consequences.

Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues
\

If self-mutilation occurs in a military setting, Ritchie said, it could be disruptive for a unit. A soldier slashing his or her own skin could result in blood on the floor, the assumption of a suicide attempt and the potential need for medical evacuation from a war zone or other austere place.

A legacy of problems
Accepting recruits with poor qualifications can cause problems. In 2006, for example, an Iraqi girl was raped and her family killed by U.S. soldiers, one of whom required waivers for minor criminal activity and poor educational background to join the Army.

This change is necessary to allow mentally ill transgenders in. Letting in the mentally ill is going to have undreamed of consequences.
It is the only place that CEO material should be allowed in? It's just a job of killing folks...

Um, the Military lowered standards a long time ago, which is how you are getting people like Bergdahl, Manning, Hasan, Devin Kelley...

You know, when you are in your 16th year of a War on an Emotional State, and your recruits weren't even born yet when it started, it's kind of hard to get people to sign up.

I find the stats linked in the article to be quite interesting. It mentions 191 waivers for marijuana in 2016. I was a Navy recruiting enlisted programs officer in the late 80s. Waivers for pre-service marijuana use were not required for military service except for special programs such as the nuclear power program and advanced technical fields. I know for a fact that I personally waived at least 200 individuals per year into those programs, and I held that position for 3 years. I find it hard to believe the Army would be harder to get into than the Navy's nuclear power program.

Try finding a recruit now that hasn't done drugs and you will see why so many of our youth are ineligible for military at all!

\

A legacy of problems

It is the only place that CEO material should be allowed in? It's just a job of killing folks...
Are you calling our troops nut jobs?

You can bet the Category Four will go in the front line of fire.

Forum List

Back