Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control

Those of you who want to live in a country where you feel the need to own a handgun to be safe, I pity you.

You know, I own over 50 handguns (most are military pistols that are highly valuable) and while they have been in my possession they have never once leapt up and shot someone...not once. Nope, they sit in their display cases and stare at me with great malevolance just waiting for me to make a wrong move and then they'll get me!:lol:

They are in the right hands, America is filled with handguns in the wrong hands. You are way too intelligent for such a post. Leave the humor to people who are actually funny.

And yet in States that allow people to defend themselves crime is very low. Thos States and cities that deny the average person the right to defen themselves see much higher rates of crime. I wonder why that is?

You know, I own over 50 handguns (most are military pistols that are highly valuable) and while they have been in my possession they have never once leapt up and shot someone...not once. Nope, they sit in their display cases and stare at me with great malevolance just waiting for me to make a wrong move and then they'll get me!:lol:

They are in the right hands, America is filled with handguns in the wrong hands. You are way too intelligent for such a post. Leave the humor to people who are actually funny.

And yet in States that allow people to defend themselves crime is very low. Thos States and cities that deny the average person the right to defen themselves see much higher rates of crime. I wonder why that is?

Totally untrue....

So, the majority of American households do not have handguns. Thank you.

I never said any insult about the south, you are paranoid.

I have lived in Europe for 15 years and travel extensively.

What I know from experience is not opinion.

Actually -- it is.

No, seeing with your own eyes is better than experiencing something by reading. You are too easily led.
I don't get led. I'm not a leftist.

So, you sticking with the idea that getting robbed, raped, and murdered is the superior moral position.

Those of you who want to live in a country where you feel the need to own a handgun to be safe, I pity you.

The vast majority of handguns are in the right hands and those that aren't are rarely there legally. Does anyone think criminals are going to start obeying the gun laws we already have?

Stricter gun laws=increased violent crime.
Anyone who cares to can consider me foolish to be prepared to defend home and family. And I'll continue to consider those who aren't to be wimps and/or cowards.

And ye,t this is the country that you choose to live in.

The vast majority of handguns are in the right hands and those that aren't are rarely there legally. Does anyone think criminals are going to start obeying the gun laws we already have?

Stricter gun laws=increased violent crime.
Anyone who cares to can consider me foolish to be prepared to defend home and family. And I'll continue to consider those who aren't to be wimps and/or cowards.

The gun problem began long ago and got totally out of hand because of people's claims to the right to arm themselves. In the America that I grew up in, people did not need guns to protect themselves.

Actually -- it is.

No, seeing with your own eyes is better than experiencing something by reading. You are too easily led.

So, you sticking with the idea that getting robbed, raped, and murdered is the superior moral position.

I have never been robbed raped or murdered. You still have not answered my question as to why you would have your family live in such a dangerous place.

And you are led. The right accuses the left of what the right is guilty of. Karl Rove politics. We are smarter than that over here on the left.

Totally untrue....

Notice he had nothing to back this up.

I have never been robbed raped or murdered. You still have not answered my question as to why you would have your family live in such a dangerous place.

And you are led. The right accuses the left of what the right is guilty of. Karl Rove politics. We are smarter than that over here on the left.
Really, what is your problem with handguns?

Tell that to the law abiding citizens of England, when the riots were going on in Aug. of last year and all they had was baseball bats to defend themselves.
Many commented on this forum, how they wish they had never given up their firearms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-P0blGbB0]YouTube - England Gun Ban Update - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I have never been robbed raped or murdered.
But you don't want anyone to be able to defend themselves.

Who the hell are you to make that decision for others?
You still have not answered my question as to why you would have your family live in such a dangerous place.
This is my home. Your opinion of it is utterly meaningless to me.

Deal with it.
No, you're not. You've been programmed to believe it's morally superior to be a victim than to defend yourself.

Tell that to the law abiding citizens of England, when the riots were going on in Aug. of last year and all they had was baseball bats to defend themselves.
Many commented on this forum, how they wish they had never given up their firearms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-P0blGbB0]YouTube - England Gun Ban Update - YouTube[/ame]

can you imagine what a horrible scene that would have been if people had handguns?

You still have not answered my question as to why you would have your family live in such a dangerous place.

Deal with it.
No, you're not. You've been programmed to believe it's morally superior to be a victim than to defend yourself.

I do not see guns being the answer to crime, many intelligent people agree with me.

I have never been a victim and I have never carried a weapon. America's wild west mentality is a shame.

can you imagine what a horrible scene that would have been if people had handguns?
How horrible that people could have defended themselves.

No, being killed is morally superior.

Deal with it.

You are trapped in a dangerous place then. I am at my home also, and have had great homes in my life, and have had the courage to seek them out instead of staying some place familiar.

YouTube - England Gun Ban Update - YouTube

Both sides would have had guns, and it would have been much worse that it was. I live close to England and did not hear one person mention that they would have been safer with guns. No one in my country mentioned it either.

Stopping people from entering your flat's building does not mean that you shoot them. You stop them by showing your weapon, they are not as bloody likely to come into your building to destroy the property.
Having a weapon deters crime more often without having to shoot someone at all.

Deal with it.

You are trapped in a dangerous place then. I am at my home also, and have had great homes in my life, and have had the courage to seek them out instead of staying some place familiar.
Trapped? Hardly. I live here because I like it here. I've lived all over the world. Nothing compares to here.

I guess I could move to Europe, but I'm not interested in being emasculated.

Both sides would have had guns, and it would have been much worse that it was. I live close to England and did not hear one person mention that they would have been safer with guns. No one in my country mentioned it either.
You've all been programmed well.

Seriously, what is your problem with handguns?

Forum List

Back