Innocent people being convicted

It begins with the cops. They have to tell the truth, and collect all the evidence. Not just the evidence that helps them. It includes the Prosecutor. The Prosecutors can’t be allowed to convict via rhetoric and emotional cries for justice to the Jury. But the biggest thing is the Jury.

The Jury has to be allowed and encouraged to find the defendant not guilty. Jury Nullification should be part of the instructions the Jury receives. But no one is allowed to tell the Jury that they can find the defendant not guilty if they feel the charges are unjust, or the law is unjust. They are told they have to find the defendant guilty if they believe beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed these acts.

Finally, the Jury again. They can not allow themselves to be in the frame of mind that the defendant wouldn’t be there if he hadn’t done something.

The System is heavily biased in favor of The Acused. Guilty people run free all the time, either because they are not apprehended, the D.A. decides not to prosecute, they are released on parole, or they are simply acquitted. 95% of convictions are via GUILTY PLEA. The number of innocent people who are convicted is microscopic.

Police are inclined to "enhance" the evidence, but only when they are utterly convinced that either (1) the guy did it, or (2) the guy did lots of other stuff and belongs in jail.

It is regrettable and sometimes outrageous when an innocent person is convicted, but it is rare.

"Mass incarceration" of black men is a myth. For every hundred blacks in jail, 99 of them belong there. Minimum. Same for white people. Police have no interest in picking on, or framing black men.

The System is heavily biased in favor of The Acused. Guilty people run free all the time, either because they are not apprehended, the D.A. decides not to prosecute, they are released on parole, or they are simply acquitted. 95% of convictions are via GUILTY PLEA. The number of innocent people who are convicted is microscopic.

Police are inclined to "enhance" the evidence, but only when they are utterly convinced that either (1) the guy did it, or (2) the guy did lots of other stuff and belongs in jail.

It is regrettable and sometimes outrageous when an innocent person is convicted, but it is rare.

"Mass incarceration" of black men is a myth. For every hundred blacks in jail, 99 of them belong there. Minimum. Same for white people. Police have no interest in picking on, or framing black men.

Yeah.

Florida police framed three black men for burglaries. One was deported because of it, suit says.

Or Something.

Thousands and thousands and thousands of convictions of Black men every year, and a couple of cases of police misconduct. As stated previously, police occasionally do that, but only when the said police believe the perps are guilty of other equal or worse crimes.

Federal law is such that the average American commits three felonies a day without even knowing it. Being tried and convicted of it is only dependent upon whether someone takes issue with you. And there's a lot of reasons they might take interest in you. Like if you run for office.

Thousands and thousands and thousands of convictions of Black men every year, and a couple of cases of police misconduct. As stated previously, police occasionally do that, but only when the said police believe the perps are guilty of other equal or worse crimes.

So he deserves prison because of the well know psychic abilities of the cop. Got it.

One question though. Does anyone else have this psychic power, or just cops who have it issued with the badge?

We need to move to a professional jury system

I know I wouldn't want Joe Schmoe with his 99 IQ sitting on my jury

And that would help? We already have a professional police force that many believe lie in one case out of five, professional prosecutors who manipulate evidence to get a conviction, and professional judges who find exceptions to civil rights left and (forgive the pun) right. Now you want professional jurors who will be selected by the same Government that employs the cops, prosecutors, and judges? The good news is if we get them, we can avoid the expense of a trial can’t we?

And that would help? We already have a professional police force that many believe lie in one case out of five, professional prosecutors who manipulate evidence to get a conviction, and professional judges who find exceptions to civil rights left and (forgive the pun) right. Now you want professional jurors who will be selected by the same Government that employs the cops, prosecutors, and judges? The good news is if we get them, we can avoid the expense of a trial can’t we?

Yes it would help.

I have no faith in people who are too stupid to get out of jury duty

Forum List

Back