Inflation Or Bank Collapse, Which To Choose?

The exact same thing is true of the Republicans.

Where is their budget, eh?

Hmmmmm...

This is incredible. You idiots actually buy the bullshit the GOP sells. That they are somehow fiscal conservatives. You actually believe this despite the REALITY that whenever they have controlled all of Congress and the White House, the deficit has EXPLODED.

How are you able to delude yourselves so thoroughly like that?

It's truly amazing.
Just saying, Republicans want to talk about cutting expenses on the debt ceiling crisis but Democrats refuse to even talk about cutting spending and, in fact, presented a budget with no cuts in spending.

Cool story, bro.

Meanwhile, in the Republican Budget Committee chamber:

The GOP Congress during the Clinton admin created a balanced budget. has any dembot budget commiittee done that?

Actually, we have been barking up the wrong tree. Bad foreign policy has increased inflation. Being pro-labor and anti-business increases inflation. Being pro-green and anti-energy increases inflation. We could have been better at all of that and not needed to raise interest rates to combat inflation.

There is probably a thing or two we could agree on buried under all that generality, but I am not sure there is a difference between foreign policy and economic policy any more. I am fine with green energy when the results aren't forced upon us--let the market sort that art out. Certainly high minimum wages make some inflation permanent. I personally think the fed was determined to jack up interest regardless because that is the only meaningful tool they have to appear to be doing something when the next recession arrives--cut rates.

There is probably a thing or two we could agree on buried under all that generality, but I am not sure there is a difference between foreign policy and economic policy any more. I am fine with green energy when the results aren't forced upon us--let the market sort that art out. Certainly high minimum wages make some inflation permanent. I personally think the fed was determined to jack up interest regardless because that is the only meaningful tool they have to appear to be doing something when the next recession arrives--cut rates.
Yup. My main argument is, if the left's policies hadn't screwed things up in the first place, the fed would never have had to do raise interest rates.

Forum List

Back