Inflation Or Bank Collapse, Which To Choose?

Well given that most uninsured accounts are with "woke" banks like Citibank, BoA, and Wells Fargo then I'm going with a bank collapse.
You fools throw around the term "woke" for everything now and you sound like idiots.

It's become an all-purpose adjective.

Yellen and Powell are blue, through and through. Besides, it is democratic policies which led to high inflation, and the idiots Yellen and Powell thought the best way to combat bad Democratic policies wasn't to change the bad democratic policies but to raise interest rates.
Powell was appointed by Trump.

The rest of your post is pure gibberish.

Of course I know what caused current high inflation. Democratic policies of being pro-labor and anti-business and pro-green and anti-energy, along with giving Putin the green light to invade Ukraine by letting Afghanistan fall so quickly to a bunch of rag tag terrorists.
All you have is a head full of bullshit talking points you parrot which have absolutely no connection to reality .

Nope. Not one republican voted for the massive spending
All during Trump's reign as he ran up $8 trillion of debt, with full Republican support, I created topic after topic about it, and you tards did not breathe a single syllable of protest.

Your hypocrisy reeks to the heavens.

This is EXACTLY why our country is such a mess. Because Republicans NEVER hold their own team accountable, and Democrats NEVER hold their team accountable, for a single fucking thing.

You are all trained seals who have been taught to bark at the other team while excusing, ignoring, and denying all the fucking problems of your own team.

A plague on both your houses.

Low income people would be the first ones hurt by a large scale banking system failure. They would all be unemployed.

The whole system is not going to fail, just some random banks.

You fools throw around the term "woke" for everything now and you sound like idiots.

It's become an all-purpose adjective.
When the shoe fits and it's a narrative you won't soon shake.

I get it though, "woke" is a millstone around the neck of leftist dems. I hope they are wearing it proudly when they get tossed into the deep end of the pool. ;)

If your employer's money or your local government's money were in those banks, the lower income people would be hurt a great deal. Rich people aren't rich because they keep their money in a passbook savings account yielding nominal interest. That democrats want to open up banks in post offices because of how harmful it is not to have access to banking reflects how wrong-headed that idea of letting them fail is.

Anyway, recession is the solution to all this and it is coming.
Actually, we have been barking up the wrong tree. Bad foreign policy has increased inflation. Being pro-labor and anti-business increases inflation. Being pro-green and anti-energy increases inflation. We could have been better at all of that and not needed to raise interest rates to combat inflation.

Actually, we have been barking up the wrong tree. Bad foreign policy has increased inflation. Being pro-labor and anti-business increases inflation. Being pro-green and anti-energy increases inflation. We could have been better at all of that and not needed to raise interest rates to combat inflation.
The powers that be decide such things, and I can assure you they are not interested in debating the issue

Like Climate change and the Covid mess, they will double down and bull doze forward with their plans no matter any counter ideas with facts to back them up.

Elections will not change this.

The whole system is not going to fail, just some random banks.
We don't know that. We have no way of knowing that.

Every bank, every insurance company, every college endowment fund, every 401k account, every sovereign wealth fund, every investment account on the planet, is right now carrying a massive interest rate risk.

And with every basis point the Fed raises interest rates, the bigger that risk grows.

what year was that?
January 2017 to January 2021.

As soon as Trump took office, he and the Republican Congress set about doubling the deficit, after it was halved during the Obama years.

How revealing you that you are ignorant of this. This is why I call your kind willfully blind monkeys.

Well, the Fed has said for quite a while now that they will aggressively raise interest rates to bring inflation back down to around 2%, after which they then hinted they may have to accept about 3%. Now we have had banking collapses due to the Fed's higher interest rates so now the choice is either continue raising rates to tamp down inflation, bringing us to economic catastrophe, or, accepting high inflation. Democrats have put us into a lose/lose scenario.

And, the funny part is (if you can call it funny) is Biden is talking about holding bank managers accountable for bank failures due to Democrats raising interest rates to combat Democrat's high inflation (which they once claimed was only transitory). When are Biden and others on the left going to hold themselves accountable, IE accepting responsibility for all this? Which should we be more happy with, lower inflation with banking collapse or high inflation where Americans can't afford groceries or rent?

Which do we choose? Or, should we pick door number 3, voting the bastards out?
If I were you, I'd choose some psychiatric counseling.

A few days ago, you guys were predicting nationwide bank runs and, as always, the end of life as we know it.

I explained why we have inflation today and the interest rate risk we have today ten years ago:

As soon as Trump took office, he and the Republican Congress set about doubling the deficit, after it was halved during the Obama years.

How revealing you that you are ignorant of this. This is why I call your kind willfully blind monkeys.
What is the worst that can happen? All the banks fail after the Fed puts them out of business as they raise interest rates, and the government creates a digital currency and nationalizes the banking industry.

Easy peasy.

there was never a deficit that much for any of those years. Try again.

The GOP Congress cut Obama's and the DEMS record deficits when they took Congress while he was President. Federal Surplus or Deficit [-]

Forum List

Back