Mar 19, 2018
Watts Up With That?

India Reopens 100 Coal Mines​

5 hours ago

Guest Blogger

From NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT
By Paul Homewood

Excerpt:

Political leaders of developing countries face constant pressure to generate enough electricity for their populations as they are being asked to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. In a bold and rebellious move, India has ordered reopening more than 100 dormant coal mines to meet skyrocketing domestic power demand.

The action is just one of the many measures that the country has taken to ensure a seamless supply of coal to power plants that generate more than 70 percent of the electricity consumed by the subcontinent’s industries and 1.3 billion people. Leaders in developing parts of the world are ready to wear a badge of dishonor that climate alarmists award those who reject their absurd policy proposals.

LINK

=====

They understandably want to develop their country.

The objective is to take the US down while propping up the other countries with our money. Just like we did for China.
1654727598449.png

It has 0 to do with our environment.

They are doing as they please. They have been quite honest and direct about their objective.

As Americas influence wanes more and more foreign nations will disregard global norms. Hey, at least we don't have to read mean tweets everyday.

Watts Up With That?

5 hours ago

Guest Blogger

By Paul Homewood

Excerpt:

Political leaders of developing countries face constant pressure to generate enough electricity for their populations as they are being asked to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. In a bold and rebellious move, India has ordered reopening more than 100 dormant coal mines to meet skyrocketing domestic power demand.

The action is just one of the many measures that the country has taken to ensure a seamless supply of coal to power plants that generate more than 70 percent of the electricity consumed by the subcontinent’s industries and 1.3 billion people. Leaders in developing parts of the world are ready to wear a badge of dishonor that climate alarmists award those who reject their absurd policy proposals.

LINK

=====

Smart folks.

India wouldn't be opening up a bunch of coal plants if they weren't sweltering under intense heat and thus resorting to air conditioning to survive. Earth is becoming increasing uninhabitable to where we humanity must undertake environmental engineering. In this case the solution is self defeating as it exacerbates the underlying disease while treating just a symptom.

India wouldn't be opening up a bunch of coal plants if they weren't sweltering under intense heat and thus resorting to air conditioning to survive. Earth is becoming increasing uninhabitable to where we humanity must undertake environmental engineering. In this case the solution is self defeating as it exacerbates the underlying disease while treating just a symptom.

It is normally hot in large areas of India.....

Meanwhile you need to catch up:

And it’s no surprise that the IPCC doesn’t think there’s an emergency. To start with, deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

1654829420964.png

LINK

If you want to raise the standard of living we should burn more fossil fuels, not less.

If you want to raise the standard of living we should burn more fossil fuels, not less.

They used to use heroin in medicine.

Radium was a really effective glow-in-the-dark pigment for watches!

Cocaine was in soda at one time and I bet it was a real pick-me-up. Probably better than today's energy drinks!

Lead paint was once everywhere. It made for a good opaque white pigment.

Cars used to use leaded gasoline.

Slavery was once considered not only a good thing but the basis of entire economies like the Southern states here in the US. (Seems pretty dangerous to get rid of that and risk lowering the standard of living for Southern farmers).

NY shuttered two fine nuclear power plants.

I hadn't heard that Indian Point was being shuttered. It sounds like in its 59 years of existence there might have been a bit more ecological damage than we might normally be comfortable with.

Between thermal fish kills there to the various leakages that have contaminated Hudson River sediment (HERE) I can conceive of nuclear being a better neighbor. Especially so close to one of the largest most populous cities on earth.

Don't get me wrong. I actually see the value of nuclear in our energy future since it is scalable and non-greenhouse (for the most part). But I honestly think we need to explore more of the "inherently safe" systems and improved technologies that are coming on line now.

They used to use heroin in medicine.

Radium was a really effective glow-in-the-dark pigment for watches!

Cocaine was in soda at one time and I bet it was a real pick-me-up. Probably better than today's energy drinks!

Lead paint was once everywhere. It made for a good opaque white pigment.

Cars used to use leaded gasoline.

Slavery was once considered not only a good thing but the basis of entire economies like the Southern states here in the US. (Seems pretty dangerous to get rid of that and risk lowering the standard of living for Southern farmers).

Dead on arrival reply since you didn't address his statement at all a meaningless deflection is what you did.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Watts Up With That?

5 hours ago

Guest Blogger

By Paul Homewood

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

I think AOC's head just exploded.

Well that would certainly be a first!

For a person with an alleged science degree you quickly lose track of a short conversation here is the Chronology:

I wrote,

"Dead on arrival reply since you didn't address his statement at all a meaningless deflection is what you did."

YOU replied,

"Tommy,
No one cares what you think. Sorry"

My counter reply,

:muahaha:

My observation was correct apparently.

Cheers."

Then your stupid reply,

"Well that would certainly be a first!"

Suggest that you slink away......

For a person with an alleged science degree you quickly lose track of a short conversation here is the Chronology:

I wrote,

"Dead on arrival reply since you didn't address his statement at all a meaningless deflection is what you did."

YOU replied,

"Tommy,
No one cares what you think. Sorry"

My counter reply,

:muahaha:

My observation was correct apparently.

Cheers."

Then your stupid reply,

"Well that would certainly be a first!"

Suggest that you slink away......

LOL. You're funny.

Forum List