Independents Saying Enough!!!!!!!!

Yea well it would have been nice if all these Independents would have actually understood who they were voting for in the first place. Oh well,better late than never i guess.

The problem, in my opinion, was that there were no alternatives. McCain - more of the Bush era (not actually true but that's how any GOP candidate would have been seen). Or Obama - an unknown quantity.

The media did not do their job - they did were totally in the tank for Obama.

Individuals - had they bothered to look at his record and listen properly to him - would have realized who he is but we are, unfortunately, used to being spoonfed information by the media.

I am very familiar with both Obama and McCain and have been for quite sometime. McCain of 2000 was by far a more attractive option than McCain 2008. In fact, I think if McCain 2000 had run into McCain 2008 on the street, he would have punched him in the mouth for all that pandering to the far right.

Obama was by far the better choice imho and apparently in the opinion of the majority.

Implying that people are sorry for their choice now, or that the only reason they disagree with you is because they were ill-informed, stupid, or both , is simply a failure to recognize the fact that a majority of Americans disagree with your positions.

Yea well it would have been nice if all these Independents would have actually understood who they were voting for in the first place. Oh well,better late than never i guess.

The problem, in my opinion, was that there were no alternatives. McCain - more of the Bush era (not actually true but that's how any GOP candidate would have been seen). Or Obama - an unknown quantity.

Individuals - had they bothered to look at his record and listen properly to him - would have realized who he is but we are, unfortunately, used to being spoonfed information by the media.

I am very familiar with both Obama and McCain and have been for quite sometime. McCain of 2000 was by far a more attractive option than McCain 2008. In fact, I think if McCain 2000 had run into McCain 2008 on the street, he would have punched him in the mouth for all that pandering to the far right.

Obama was by far the better choice imho and apparently in the opinion of the majority.

Implying that people are sorry for their choice now, or that the only reason they disagree with you is because they were ill-informed, stupid, or both , is simply a failure to recognize the fact that a majority of Americans disagree with your positions.

I don't imply it, the polls do.

I'm also not saying that people were stupid. However, many did not look beyond the words.

I didn't vote for McCain - although I respect him more than a lot of politicians. I also didn't vote Obama - because I believed him to be a far left empty suit. My opinion of him has not changed.

Or that a significant numbers of Boyking's voters chose him for some reason other than policy.

I don't imply it, the polls do.

I'm also not saying that people were stupid. However, many did not look beyond the words.

I didn't vote for McCain - although I respect him more than a lot of politicians. I also didn't vote Obama - because I believed him to be a far left empty suit. My opinion of him has not changed.

You mean the polls that indicate Obama's approval rating is just about the same as his margin of victory? I see no evidence of defection there.

And approval ratings are only useful when compared. Take Corzine in N.J. - he has very low approval ratings and very high disapproval ratings, yet he is ahead in the race.

A low approval rating means little if the opponent has even lower approval ratings.

And when you say many didn't look beyond words - that could be true of voters who voted for ANYONE. The implication that "better-informed" didn't vote for Obama is just self-serving ego massage.

It would be just as easy to claim that people who did not vote for Obama were sucked into the Palinish hate-mongering and simply couldn't see beyond THOSE empty words.

The implication that anyone who disagrees with you or anyone who voted differently than you did is "less informed" is just silly. The truth of the matter is that the majority of American people made their choice, a majority are happy with that choice, and if you want to regain the majority, you have to offer better.

Last edited:

I found your McCain analysis very good, except you left out he didn't distance himself from Bush enough. Obama analysis is weak however. I found him to be very difficult to pin down on issues. It was purely a hope for change platform. The things you could glean, were no pork barrel allowed, transparency, out of Iraq, etc. which I was certain would prove to be empty promises.

As recent polls indicate they are starting to disagree with the direction of the country, it isn't really a leap to say they have some remorse in their choices. Being ill informed seems to be a reasonable conclusion as well. Obama was not vetted very well by the MSM. Neither were his associates. Willful stupidity is in abundance too according to both sides.

Or that a significant numbers of Boyking's voters chose him for some reason other than policy.

Ah yes...White Guilt and the half-black legacy candidate.

Indeed...

I found your McCain analysis very good, except you left out he didn't distance himself from Bush enough. Obama analysis is weak however. I found him to be very difficult to pin down on issues. It was purely a hope for change platform. The things you could glean, were no pork barrel allowed, transparency, out of Iraq, etc. which I was certain would prove to be empty promises.

As recent polls indicate they are starting to disagree with the direction of the country, it isn't really a leap to say they have some remorse in their choices. Being ill informed seems to be a reasonable conclusion as well. Obama was not vetted very well by the MSM. Neither were his associates. Willful stupidity is in abundance too according to both sides.

I had no problem finding plenty of information on Obama and his associates. In addition to that noise, I had no problem finding enough about his positions that I have not been surprised by anything. I don't agree with everything he has done - but it I expected it and I voted for him because I felt the possitives outweighed the negatives. And because I felt (and still feel) that he is head and sholders above the alternatives.

I also still feel that way. Obama is far from perfect, but I certainly haven't seen anyone else emerge yet who would be a better choice. If you want to capitalize on the buyer's remorse you say is out there, you STILL have to offer something better. Just MHO.

Last edited:

I had no problem finding plenty of information on Obama and his associates. In addition to that noise, I had no problem finding enough about his positions that I have not been surprised by anything. I don't agree with everything he has done - but it I expected it and I voted for him because I felt the possitives outweighed the negatives. And because I felt (and still feel) that he is head and sholders above the alternatives.

I also still feel that way. Obama is far from perfect, but I certainly haven't seen anyone else emerge yet who would be a better choice. Just MHO.

It is true McCain was a rather weak option.

First up is the 2010 election cycle.

From there any real conservative candidates will start to shake out for 2012 - or not...

I also still feel that way. Obama is far from perfect, but I certainly haven't seen anyone else emerge yet who would be a better choice. Just MHO.

From there any real conservative candidates will start to shake out for 2012 - or not...

Yes, I agree 2010 is next up. And I have no doubt that BOTH Republicans and Democrats will try to spin the results as some sort of mandate or some sort of moral victory. That's just what the partisans do.

But what it boils down to are individual candidates imho. Like Corzine - apparently not very well liked but still running very slightly ahead of his opponent who is apparently even less respected than Corzine.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Take for example the attack on FOX News. The way I see it, by saying it's not a legitimate news organization, Obama is just insulting the millions of American people who tune in. Independents included!

well thats stupid- to be insulted- i mean i dont think FOX is anything more than mouthpiece for the Right. but if thats what you like then good for you .

the problem is FOX wants to pretend and act as if they arent a mouthpiece for the RIght.

CNN says shit i dont agree with...... a lot. plenty of left wing people dont like CNN and barely obama - when was the last time FOX pushed something the RW talkies didnt like??

I'm with Mr Sinatra on this one...

It is quite obvious that Independents and Moderates are disgusted with Obama and the Democrats. Rassmussen and RCP say so. So republicans have nothing to worry about in the next election. They do not have to change a thing.

Rassmussen says that America loves its conservatives and will prove it in the next election.

But McCain was the best the GOP had to offer imho. I think any of the other candidates would have lost even worse. But yes, I think he would have fared far better had he stuck to his 2000 guns.

IMHO a McCain that really was a rogue - not toeing any party's line, but independent enough to buck his own party OR the other party if that's what was in the nation's best interest. But he spent the last eight years reversing that image and letting the far right shove Palin down his throat just erased any lingering bi-partisan credibility.

In contrast, I think people believed in Obama's bi-partisanship and I think most attribute any lack of bi-partisan support for current measures to GOP obstinance.

Yes, I agree 2010 is next up. And I have no doubt that BOTH Republicans and Democrats will try to spin the results as some sort of mandate or some sort of moral victory. That's just what the partisans do.

But what it boils down to are individual candidates imho. Like Corzine - apparently not very well liked but still running very slightly ahead of his opponent who is apparently even less respected than Corzine.

My dream for 2010 is that people get out and vote. But that the majority vote "NONE OF THE ABOVE" until our government - and all our politicians - learn that the power lies with 'we, the people', not the assclowns in Washington.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Take for example the attack on FOX News. The way I see it, by saying it's not a legitimate news organization, Obama is just insulting the millions of American people who tune in. Independents included!

well thats stupid- to be insulted- i mean i dont think FOX is anything more than mouthpiece for the Right. but if thats what you like then good for you .

the problem is FOX wants to pretend and act as if they arent a mouthpiece for the RIght.

CNN says shit i dont agree with...... a lot. plenty of left wing people dont like CNN and barely obama - when was the last time FOX pushed something the RW talkies didnt like??

If you think that FOX is a mouthpiece for the GOP, then good for you. That's your opinion.
Yes, it is a conservative news organization, but if it wasn't around, all news would be slanted to the left.

My dream for 2010 is that people get out and vote. But that the majority vote "NONE OF THE ABOVE" until our government - and all our politicians - learn that the power lies with 'we, the people', not the assclowns in Washington.

YES!

Lets just be sure that Obama's beloved cronies in ACORN have nothing to do with voter registration!

Oh, but wait, FOX news is ensuring that Obama's beloved ACORN is a distant memory by then. NEVER MIND!

Barry just isn't packing the pews like the old days.

I guess the change we can believe in is people turning from the boi king.

YES!

Lets just be sure that Obama's beloved cronies in ACORN have nothing to do with voter registration!

Oh, but wait, FOX news is ensuring that Obama's beloved ACORN is a distant memory by then. NEVER MIND!

Without ACORN who will register young, black and hispanic voters........you know, the GOP nightmare??

The only demographic the GOP won in 2008 was the 65+ voters. They better hope none of them die off or they better come up with a plan to replace some of them or they might tank worse than last time.

The independents and moderates are obviously turning away from Sarah Palin and the far right. The Dems will have no trouble maintaining their significant majorities in the House and the Senate, until the GOP cleans up its act, gets rids of the Palinistas, gets a solid leader with a moderate voice, and a working conservative program. Until then it is lights off for the right.

Forum List

Back