Incredibly sad

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
UK NEWS
Two teenage Westminster Synagogue members named among victims of Sri Lanka bombings

Daniel Linsey, 19, and Amelie Linsey, 15, were among the eight Britons killed in the suicide bombings in Colombo on Sunday.

image.jpeg

https://www.thejc.com

There were also a few Americans that were killed in that blast.

On one news story, a boy and his mother were staying at one of the hotels that was hit, and the son had just texted his father (who was back here in the US), that he and his mother were fixing to hit the buffet.

A couple of minutes after he sent the text, a suicide bomber blew themselves up.

UK NEWS
Two teenage Westminster Synagogue members named among victims of Sri Lanka bombings

Daniel Linsey, 19, and Amelie Linsey, 15, were among the eight Britons killed in the suicide bombings in Colombo on Sunday.

View attachment 257639

https://www.thejc.com

"A maskil of David, when he was in the cave, a prayer.
[With] my voice, I cry out to the Lord; [with] my voice, I supplicate the Lord.
I pour out before Him my speech; my distress I recite before Him.
When my spirit enwraps itself upon me, and You know my path.
In whichever way I go, they have hidden a snare for me.
Looking to the right, I see that no one recognizes me; escape is lost from me; no one seeks my soul.
I cried out to You, O Lord; I said, "You are my refuge, my lot in the land of the living."
Hearken to my cry for I have become very low; save me from my pursuers for they have overpowered me.
Take my soul out of confinement to give thanks to Your name; because of me the righteous will crown You, because You will recompense me." (Tehilim 142)

Hashem Yikom Damam :frown:

• Banned
At the White House:

Speaking with bandages on his hands and bags under his eyes following the harrowing anti-Semitic shooting at his synagogue last Saturday that resulted in the death of congregant Lori Gilbert Kaye, two other injured, and the rabbi with the loss of a finger, Goldstein quoted the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, who so often spoke of the vital need for moral education in American society. He noted how in the early 1980s, not long after the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, the Rebbe began speaking of the dire importance of making a daily Moment of Silence a standard practice in public schools across the nation.

“Just five days ago,” said the rabbi, “Saturday morning, I faced evil and . . . darkness . . . right in our own house of worship, right at Chabad of Poway. I faced [the killer] and I had to make a decision. Do I run and hide or do I stand tall and fight and protect all those who are there? We cannot control what others do, but we can control how we react. My dear rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, taught me, that the way we react to darkness is with light. It was that moment that I made a decision, no matter what happens to me, I’m going to save as many people as possible. I should have been dead … The Rebbe taught me that as a Jew, you are a soldier of G‑d, you need to stand tall and stand fast do what it takes to change the world".

Chabad.org

Forum List

Back