Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

I'm afraid it's up to whites to continually try to guess what's "right" because I cant' get a straight answer on what truth it is that whites have not seen or any kind of recommendation regarding something special I should be doing for blacks that I don't already do.

The unanswerable question. Because no matter what whites do, blacks are unsatisfied. If we all offed ourselves tomorrow, blacks would complain that nobody was around to fly the airplanes.

It's not overly sensitive to not want yourself stereotyped as a member of a race that isn't embracing what is right.

Obama's staff should've been aware of all the proceedings, due to the fact that many Americans have started to develop a picture of what an Obama Presidency will look like from the Inaugrual Ceremonies.

Are you in favor of censorship or being PC all the time?

"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right.

Let all those who do justice and love mercy say amen.
"

Reverend Joseph Lowry

I see no problem with this statement.

Last edited:
no, i presumed everyone knows what a 4 x 400m relay is. i was wrong.

my only presumption about everyone who posts here is that they have access to the internet.

I asked you for clarification about what a 4 X 400m relay is and you did not provide it.

Thank you for clarifying that the only presumption you make about posters is that we have access to the internet. :clap2:

It's his Inaugration, it's not censorship to control how your image is portrayed in your Inaugration.....
Truth is that anyone who was already paranoid about a black man as POTUS had their feathers ruffled by one sentence in an otherwise inspiring ceremony. That poem included all the races in a positive aspiration.

If Obama turned out to be that PC that he would control every word in and performance at the inaugeral he would have been criticized for that too.

Did you vote for Obama?

Last edited:
And if the white house staffers got raises, you wingnuts would be screaming at the top of your lungs about how they shouldn't be getting raises when millions of people are losing their jobs.

:cuckoo:

No, we wouldn't. As it is it is indicative of the schizo brand of Economy -420 that Obama says out one side of his mouth he's going to stimulate the economy...while using the other side of his mouth to authorize the removal of $800 billion dollars out of programs, which will lead to massive job losses and pay cuts.

Brilliant! It's sure to work! I know if my bank account was low I'd quit my job and take what money I had and throw it out the window, it makes perfect sense. Get rid of the money you have, lower wages, eliminate jobs...= economic prosperity!

I asked you for clarification about what a 4 X 400m relay is and you did not provide it.

Thank you for clarifying that the only presumption you make about posters is that we have access to the internet. :clap2:

you're welcome. here's a good place to start learning about the 4 x 400 relay

4 x 400 metres relay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the us won gold in 2000

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWANj02XmpQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWANj02XmpQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Truth is that anyone who was already paranoid about a black man as POTUS had their feathers ruffled by one sentence in an otherwise inspiring ceremony. That poem included all the races in a positive aspiration.

If Obama turned out to be that PC that he would control every word in and performance at the inaugeral he would have been criticized for that too.

Did you vote for Obama?

You assume to much, someone wouldn't have to be uncomfortable with a black man as POTUS to be offended by their race being stereotyped as a race that isn't embracing what is right.

Whether or not I voted for Obama is irrelevant and off topic.

And if the white house staffers got raises, you wingnuts would be screaming at the top of your lungs about how they shouldn't be getting raises when millions of people are losing their jobs.

:cuckoo:

I applaud the Executive orders dealing with WH ethics and the pay increase freeze.

You assume to much, someone wouldn't have to be uncomfortable with a black man as POTUS to be offended by their race being stereotyped as a race that isn't embracing what is right.

Whether or not I voted for Obama is irrelevant and off topic.

I'm asked a question. You don't have to answer it.

The poem was inclusive of all the races. All were mentioned in a silly way. Amen.

thank you.
what kind of bird is that? a mountain jay of some kind?
purty whatever it is.

I'd guess a mountain blue bird. They don't look like varieties in my area. I did see one in Vancouver, BC that looked like this with blue underneath.

Startling shot, isn't it?

I applaud the Executive orders dealing with WH ethics and the pay increase freeze.

Well I don't know the specifics, but a wage freeze is a great idea, and I agree that the WH should strive to be the purest essence of ethical.

I've got a hundred bucks to bet, for anyone that wants to wager that the Hussein-Regime will have more federal indictments and convictions than the Bush administration realized; EOs regarding ethics notwithstanding; particularly given that his INNAUGURAL SPEECH WAS FILLED WITH LIES...

More of the same from the usual suspects...

Last edited:
I'm asked a question. You don't have to answer it.

The poem was inclusive of all the races. All were mentioned in a silly way. Amen.

The poem stereotyped whites, get over it. Move on....
Amen

I've got a hundred bucks to bet, for anyone that wants to wager that the Hussein-Regime will have more federal indictments and convictions than the Bush administration realized; EOs regarding ethics notwithstanding; particularly given that his INNAUGURAL SPEECH WAS FILLED WITH LIES...

And it may be over for the moment, but this hussein not producing a valid birth certificate business is NOT over. What it is, is a challenge for some enterprising individual to dig into the matter and find the original, then we'll know. Until then, the only truth of the matter is, that when Washington wants a matter forgotten, it's forgotten.

I don't trust politicians, dem or repub, and I don't trust Washington. I think you have to be inherently crocked to be a politician, and if by chance you're not when you start out, you will be later on.

Last edited:
Do you think it would've been a good idea to review it beforehand?
No, I actually prefer people get up and say what they want to say. An inauguration is as much, if not more, for the people as the president. And letting free speech prevail is actually pretty cool, warts and all. Even though it isn't technically free speech, but the symbolism is there.

Everyone is of course entitled to be offended by what people say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back