Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

We elected a bi-racial President. He is half-white, half black. I don't think the country will get bogged down on it.

I expect Obama's political enemies to take every opportunity to attack him and question him.

Too bad, the attacks focus on his race.

There will always be some idiots in a certain race who will focus on the race of others(from all the different races). But I don't remember anyone here attacking Obama due to his race? Maybe I am wrong can you remind me?

We elected a bi-racial President. He is half-white, half black. I don't think the country will get bogged down on it.

I expect Obama's political enemies to take every opportunity to attack him and question him.

Too bad, the attacks focus on his race.

Really? What attacks focus on his race? Link please. The only one I see (repeatedly) drawing attention to race here is you.

Well, and William Joyce and 52nd.....but those two sort of cancel each other out.

Just curious, do you think that Obama's staff reviewed the speaker's comments in advance? If so, then the contraversial comments should have never been uttered. Can we agree on that?

You're asking me if Obama's staff screened everyone's statements ahead of time?

I have no idea.

I don't agree that the Reverend's statement should have been censored by the Obama administration because some people are overly sensitive to any percieved insult as white people.

Your post does seem to speak to a discomfort some white people have by the Obama Presidency. Some whites presume there will be some kind of racial payback for past injustices. IMO the contrary is true.

Last edited:
I don't think they did. They interviewed the poet on NPR a few days ago and she claimed no one pre-approved her poem.

Do you think it would've been a good idea to review it beforehand?

No one expects perfection. No one is burning the town down. The comment in the benediction just got a discussion going about racism here. There's no crisis but you didn't really expect the fact that we elected a black president to go unnoticed did you ? I hope to God the country doesn't get bogged down in it. There are too many other important fish to fry.

I think it's pretty clear we are already bogged down in it. How many other inaugurations do you know of where schools required students to watch?

I presume Jalu is the wolf boy from "Jungle Book".

Oh, wait..Jalu was the talking bear who wore a grass skirt and danced with the monkeys....

I presume Jalu is the wolf boy from "Jungle Book".

Oh, wait..Jalu was the talking bear who wore a grass skirt and danced with the monkeys....

Are you presuming my race based on my posting hat and your free association to cartoon movies?

Last edited:

I have no idea.

I don't agree that the Reverend's statement should have been censored by the Obama administration because some people are overly sensitive to any percieved insult as white people.

Your post does seem to speak to a discomfort some white people have by the Obama Presidency. Some whites presume there will be some kind of racial payback for past injustices. IMO the contrary is true.

It's not overly sensitive to not want yourself stereotyped as a member of a race that isn't embracing what is right.

Obama's staff should've been aware of all the proceedings, due to the fact that many Americans have started to develop a picture of what an Obama Presidency will look like from the Inaugrual Ceremonies.

I have no idea.

Tell that to the White House staffers who just said bye-bye to any raises.....

While this offends you, there is alot of truth in that statement, as we all full well know. Maybe thats WHY it offends you so much.
Who are you talking to? Me or Allie Bumpkin?

Lol!! you are a gas!

I have no idea.

Even if Obama's staff screened his speech which I'm sure they did. I sure would have. You never know what is going to come out of a persons mouth.

Why are we shocked by this? Obamas old pastor Wright didn't mix words. I'm waiting for Obama to say something insulting to white people. He ran with a crowd that had no problem with this so I can only assume he has said such things himself. It is socially acceptable to insult white people in this culture. Turn on the TV and the idiot on the show or movie is always white.

Obama is a smart man and he hasn't messed up yet but now he is living in a fish bowl. We shall see.

Forum List

Back