Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

well shit, this is an enlightenment. I'm white and I ain't never done no right? Jeezus! :eek:

whats your problem with it?

I think some people view it as racist.

My understanding is he said:
"When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."

There seems to be an assumption that white has not embraced what is right. If that's what he's saying it would seem to be a racist statement because of how it paints all whites as not embracing what is right.

What is your take?

He's just hoping all white people will embrace Obama. Not a bad thing to say.

White is the color of the majority.

When white embraces what is right is when white people accept that racism is wrong.

History is what he is speaking of, you can pretend it was not part of the American experience but you would be dead wrong.

White is the color of the majority.

When white embraces what is right is when white people accept that racism is wrong.

History is what he is speaking of, you can pretend it was not part of the American experience but you would be dead wrong.

We have elected a black man to the presidency thanks to mostly white voters. To continue to claim that whites are racist is wrong.

I heard it a racist thing to say. Whites haven't embraced what is right? Really? How is that, President Obama?

He was speaking in the context of ALL of each group, people were in fact laughing during the entire thing. So I don't see why people are making assumptions.

He was speaking in the context of ALL of each group, people were in fact laughing during the entire thing. So I don't see why people are making assumptions.

there's no assumptions being made---the guy said what he said.
I'm not going to go ape shit over it but let's not play pretend ok ?

Forum List

Back