Ina LANDSLIDE, House repeals Obamacare

I never said that, or that is I never injected the hyperbole you are inferring I did.

I never said you did. Others have focused on just Tort Reform as the solution to the Healthcare problems in this country.

Care to respond to the bottom half of that post? The failure of the GOP plan from last year that is.

*Yawn*

Fine, fine...repeal Obamacare.

What are you proposing to replace it?

Here's a new idea!! Try taking "Personal responsibility" for your own life. Stay out of my health care and I will stay out of yours. Get government out of the way and let the free market work. We essentially have a government system now - and it stinks. The Democrats answer to a failed government program is always the same - another gov't program.

Here's a new idea!! Try taking "Personal responsibility" for your own life. Stay out of my health care and I will stay out of yours. Get government out of the way and let the free market work. We essentially have a government system now - and it stinks.

I assume you will be rejecting any sort of Medicare, correct? :eusa_think:

Actually no, but it is a part of the equation. It is remarkable that the Lawyer Lobby kept it out of the current Bill. Money talks I guess.

That does nothing to address the failure of the correct funding on the part of the GOP when it comes to the state run exchanges they want to correct (funded of course by federal dollars).

As for Tort Reform, I'm sure we'll see something like it in the near future. Tort Reform is something that goes far beyond just health costs however.

Agreed. Rational decisions with the cards on the table and the options known up front. Do not remove choice or personal responsibility. There are things in this world that if you can't pay for, you can't have. Let's distinguish between that and playing God.

Actually no, but it is a part of the equation. It is remarkable that the Lawyer Lobby kept it out of the current Bill. Money talks I guess.

That does nothing to address the failure of the correct funding on the part of the GOP when it comes to the state run exchanges they want to correct (funded of course by federal dollars).

As for Tort Reform, I'm sure we'll see something like it in the near future. Tort Reform is something that goes far beyond just health costs however.

Yes? And where pray tell do those "Federal Dollars" come from?

not from you, nutbar.

what a pathetic bunch of loons you are.

haven't you figured out yet that this was a pointless exercise to toss red meat to you spittledrooling morons.

Yes? And where pray tell do those "Federal Dollars" come from?

not from you, nutbar.

what a pathetic bunch of loons you are.

haven't you figured out yet that this was a pointless exercise to toss red meat to you spittledrooling morons.

can't answer a simple question whack a lu lu??? Figures.

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. " Hebrews 13:16

The republicans are a sad bunch.

Correct from the states. How much have you paid into Medicare and Social Security? Can't be much. You online all day, not working, dwelling in da basement.

:lol: Quite inaccurate but still hilarious coming from you Willow.

She who has been posting almost non-stop all day except from a period from about 1:15 - 4:45. and posting from 9:30 this morning til now. 8 hours on USMB and you criticize me. :rofl:

I'm sure you'll miss me when my classes start up again soon. :D

Here's a new idea!! Try taking "Personal responsibility" for your own life. Stay out of my health care and I will stay out of yours. Get government out of the way and let the free market work. We essentially have a government system now - and it stinks.

I assume you will be rejecting any sort of Medicare, correct? :eusa_think:

I'll pay my own way, thanks.

I've already made my fortune. It will be much harder for your generation. You can thank the growth of government for that. Maybe you can get some free cheese to ease the pain...:lol:

]As long as we are clear. Repeal Obamacare and put nothing in place to address the problems, and what you have chosen to do is use a for-profit system that will prevent many of your neighbors from receiving care.

LOL...and the real kicker is, some of these morons talk about 'death panels' while in the same breath, not wanting their fellow citizens to get looked after by the health system..

245-189

And Reid is saying he won't even allow it onto the Senate floor?

That's gonna make the People happy, huh?

Regardless of Reid or the Senate, kiss the mandate, and almost all of Obamacare goodbye.

The house passed legislation that will neither be allowed in the senate, and even so would be vetoed to death? Wow, I'm impressed.:lol:

Ah yes, let us just go on paying twice as much per capita for health care, and recieving a vastly inferior product in return. That is the All American Way. Twice as much per capita, and fail to cover tens of millions of citizens.

Just more of the "Greed is good", "I got mine, fuck you" mentality that dominates the present Republican Party.

Agreed. Rational decisions with the cards on the table and the options known up front. Do not remove choice or personal responsibility. There are things in this world that if you can't pay for, you can't have. Let's distinguish between that and playing God.

And something they actually read before holding a vote.

]As long as we are clear. Repeal Obamacare and put nothing in place to address the problems, and what you have chosen to do is use a for-profit system that will prevent many of your neighbors from receiving care.

LOL...and the real kicker is, some of these morons talk about 'death panels' while in the same breath, not wanting their fellow citizens to get looked after by the health system..

Reality is hard. You can't have cake and ice cream and candy and soda and unicorns and rainbows and ice cream (gotta have 2 scoops!) and make everyday Sunday and free high quality healthcare for all!!! Sorry. Life is NOT a cabaret. Unless you happen to work at one.....

Forum List

Back