In your life, what movie have you watched the most, and will likely watch several more times in your life?

There are 3 movies that I tend to watch at least once per year, and strangely they are all musicals.
They are: The Wizard Of Oz, Oliver Twist, and Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory.
Guess it's childhood memories that brings me to these movies.
What draws people back to these movies and plays is the music, "Yellow Brick Road", "If I only had brain", "The Witch is Dead", "Candyman"
, "I would do Anything". "Who will buy the wonderful morning"

For me it's a tie between My Fair Lady and Yankee Doodle Dandy. These are not the best movies I have ever seen but I keep coming back because I love the music and the actors. I've had a crush on Audrey Hepburn for 60 years.

Last edited:
Joe vs the Volcano

A profound philosophical journey, dressed up as a romantic comedy.

Last edited:
Mine is not what is expected I suppose, but it is Chronicles of Riddick. It is the best brain candy movie I know of. I just love it.
I have seen it, I would say about 6 times... and likely to watch it that many times again.
Next to that is Godfather I and II, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Only the Godfather movies would I even put on the "best movies I have seen list"... but they are the most enjoyable.
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Koyaanisqatsi.

Blade Runner.

The Hunt For Red October
The Godfather
Forrest Gump
The Green Mile
Jurassic Park
Goodfella's

Metropolis
Watch it every time it's on.
I should probably look for a DVD of it but I'm not very smart.

Run Silent Run Deep. A great war movie. One of Clark Gables best performances as well as Burt Lancasters.
And a good western some may not remember but I like it. Man of the West. Starring Gary Cooper

Last edited:
Call Me By Your Name...has nothing to do with it being a gay movie, but Timothy Chalamet is awesome....also all the combat movies Never Back Down, Bloodsport, stuff like that...Bloodsport is a Trump favorite

Run Silent Run Deep. A great war movie. One of Clark Gables best performances as well as Burt Lancasters.
And a good western some may not remember but I like it. Man of the West. Starring Gary Cooper

Run Silent Run Deep is one of the best submarine warfare movies.

Another one is Enemy Bellow, (1956) is a WWII drama, centering on the suspenseful warfare between a rival German submarine captain (Curt Jurgens) and American destroyer captain (Robert Mitchum. As both men follow their orders, they push their crews to greater lengths to achieve victory. Over the course of the intense battle, a respect develops among enemies. As the movie ends, you hate to see etheir one of these fine captains lose but audiences are rewarded with an ending that is sure to please. This has to be one of the most humane and thoughtful war films every made.

So here it is free on YouTube and Yes it is available.

Mine is not what is expected I suppose, but it is Chronicles of Riddick. It is the best brain candy movie I know of. I just love it.
I have seen it, I would say about 6 times... and likely to watch it that many times again.
Next to that is Godfather I and II, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Only the Godfather movies would I even put on the "best movies I have seen list"... but they are the most enjoyable.
Good tip, never have seen Chronicles of Riddick.
Most of my faves are tv shows. Movies I tend to go with historical. Apollo 11, The Dish, Longest Day, Midway, etc.

It’s very rare for an R rated movie to be good in my opinion. The scenes that make it R are because the writers lack talent and need shock value. Take the 63 classic The Haunting as an example. Rated G and it’s by far the scariest movie ever made.

Good tip, never have seen Chronicles of Riddick.
Most of my faves are tv shows. Movies I tend to go with historical. Apollo 11, The Dish, Longest Day, Midway, etc.

It’s very rare for an R rated movie to be good in my opinion. The scenes that make it R are because the writers lack talent and need shock value. Take the 63 classic The Haunting as an example. Rated G and it’s by far the scariest movie ever made.

I must say I like a lot of the same movies you like but I also like a lot of R rated movies.

There are many great R rated movies such Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, Rain Man, Saving Private Ryan, Pretty Woman, Blazing Saddles, Die Hard, Caligula, Disclosure, The Game, etc. The fact is PG-13 movies do best at the box office, not R rated movies. Creators of movies are not aiming at a rating. There purpose is to create a movie that audiences will like. Often objectionable scenes in R rated movies that are close to being PG-13 will be edited to slide under the wire. However, some movie subject matter is simple to violent or has too much sex to make it PG-13.

Last edited:
There are many great R rated movies such Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, Rain Man, Saving Private Ryan, Pretty Woman, Blazing Saddles, Die Hard, Caligula, Disclosure, The Game, etc. The fact is PG-13 movies do best at the box office, not R rated movies. Creators of movies are not aiming at a rating. There purpose is to create a movie that audiences will like. Often objectionable scenes in R rated movies that are close to being PG-13 will be edited to slide under the wire. However, some movie subject matter is simple to violent or has too much sex to make it PG-13.
Except for Blazing Saddles, I don’t like any of those movies. Private Ryan had the semi accurate invasion scene that was nice, but little writing talent in any of them.

Ever see Gettysburg? Deadliest battle in US history. What did you see? A riderless horse running out of the smoke. Good writers don’t need to show you grapeshot blowing his body apart. The audience knows.

And Blazing Saddles - PG if rated today.

The Quiet Man.

Forum List

Back