In your life, what movie have you watched the most, and will likely watch several more times in your life?

I'm not saying it's the best movie ever made, but the OP ask about repeat viewings. The funny thing is, I didn't even like or get it the first two times I saw it. The third time, for some reason, i was in the mood to actual listen to what the characters were talking about. It blew my mind a little.
Yeah. I replied with some of my favorite movies, but that’s actually responsive to the OP question. I’ve seen each movie multiple times. My list wasn’t exhaustive either. Several of the other flicks mentioned by members here are also movies I’ve like and seen more than two or three times.

I’m not a big movie buff. My taste isn’t necessarily all that artistic. Doesn’t matter. I like the stuff I like. And Joe vs the Volcano had some wonderful visual images. It also had Meg Ryan.

And it had some very funny lines. Looking back, I now wonder if “brain cloud” was a prediction for the “brain fog” many folks have suffered since COVID.
8C5C3516-AB1C-48D4-BEAA-8C8B2850E7DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine is not what is expected I suppose, but it is Chronicles of Riddick. It is the best brain candy movie I know of. I just love it.
I have seen it, I would say about 6 times... and likely to watch it that many times again.
Next to that is Godfather I and II, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Only the Godfather movies would I even put on the "best movies I have seen list"... but they are the most enjoyable.

E.T.

I hearted that movie as a kid and as an adult I still heart it though there was a point at which I was ready to take a hammer to the DVD if the then wee ones put it in yet again

Most of the Alien series. Except number 3.

I am also hooked on The Hunger Games and have seen that series many times. The people of Capital City are much like Hollywood's elitist smug weirdo assholes, so it is really a documentary.

Someone mentioned Riddick and I wish Vin Diesel would revisit that character instead of another damn Fast and Furious movie.

frozen ....the kids watch that a hundred times a week...

adult movies...urban cowboy....damn scott glenn is hot...and now he is 83...

m by fritz lang

freaks by todd browning

i like old movies

I honestly couldn't say what film has been on my screen the most. I have seen so many numerous times over the course of my almost 40 years. I can say that Sesame Street's Follow That Bird is the first film that I saw in the theater when I was three years old in 1985, but of course, I eventually grew up and got interested in the more adult oriented films over time and so I can't say what film has been watched the most.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Me too! I watch that movie or parts of it whenever it comes on. I know the dialog by heart.
That is a good movie.
The acting is not so good, storyline obviously not very believable... but it works anyway.
I have seen it twice... probably watch it again at some point.

I need to explain how I differentiate between a good movie from a great one. I can only come up up with two examples. A good move is "Goodfellas". Seen it a few dozen times, will see it a few dozen more. It's that case of Heineken you buy every weekend. A great movie is "Schindler's List". I was fortunate to see it the night it opened, and seeing in a packed theater full of people crying as hard as me was an experience I'll never forget. Since it came out in 1993 I may have seen it 6-7 times. It's that rare bottle of 12 year old Scotch at the back of my liquor cabinet. Once in a great while I'll take it out, dust it off, hold it up to the light to admire its color, pour one shot and just savor it.

It's only an hour, but it is a movie to me!!!:)

I have seen it closing in on 50 times, every Christmas season since I saw it for the first time as a kid.... And I know I will continue the tradition!

Rudolph-
the Red Nose Reindeer.....(had a very shiny nose)!

And these others I've seen about a dozen times each, with certainly... more times to come....

An Affair to Remember
Star Wars, the three Original series, especially The Empire Strikes Back
JAWS
Back to the Future, all three!
Rocky
Ground Hog Day
Indiana Jones, first and third
The Fugitive
Terminator
Scrooged
Lethal Weapon
French Kiss
Dave
Big
Sleepless in Seatle

Oh geez, it's hard to stop listing them....and I never even got to all the Tom Cruise movies! :)

Collecting movies is one of the hubby's hobbies! He collects them, now he's doing blue ray steel books....So watching movies several times is a common thing around here!

The ladies and teens in my family watch this one over and over. '' If you're an adult you have lived this movie if you're a teenager you're living it now''.

It's only an hour, but it is a movie to me!!!:)

I have seen it closing in on 50 times, every Christmas season since I saw it for the first time as a kid.... And I know I will continue the tradition!

Rudolph-
the Red Nose Reindeer.....(had a very shiny nose)!
We watch all the Christmas specials here. Our kids loved them immediately, too. My personal favorite is "The Little Drummer Boy". Still gets me misty.

Heat...
Spencer's Mountain... (Has to be where my love of ginger's came from)
The Big Chill...
Vanishing Point... (Anyone who use to go to the Drive-In in the early 70's seen this movie a lot...)
Apocalypse Now... (The long version)
We were Soldiers...

Mine is not what is expected I suppose, but it is Chronicles of Riddick. It is the best brain candy movie I know of. I just love it.
I have seen it, I would say about 6 times... and likely to watch it that many times again.
Next to that is Godfather I and II, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Only the Godfather movies would I even put on the "best movies I have seen list"... but they are the most enjoyable.
Deadpool

Forum List

Back