In your life, what movie have you watched the most, and will likely watch several more times in your life?

Trailer for Shane . I have watched this movie many times. Just all around well done western.

In another era just around the beginnings of the expansion of cable and especially before movies like Shane and the Quiet Man and all of the Errol Flynn Westerns and Buccaneer movies plus Robin Hood.

Ive watched several movies multiple times. But if I have to pick. It would be the Star Wars original Trilogy and the 3 Prequels.

Usually I don’t just watch one..I binge watch all 6 over a couple days.

Mine is not what is expected I suppose, but it is Chronicles of Riddick. It is the best brain candy movie I know of. I just love it.
I have seen it, I would say about 6 times... and likely to watch it that many times again.
Next to that is Godfather I and II, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Only the Godfather movies would I even put on the "best movies I have seen list"... but they are the most enjoyable.
Koyaanisqatsi. I've watched it at least a dozen times.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. At least two dozen times.

Leon, The Professional.

Geez, I really don't know. Never kept count.

I suppose, if I were to hazard a guess, the most watched movies I have would be the Charlie Chan old series.
1648959712453.png

Some others would be:

Ma and Pa Kettle series
Francis the Talking Mule series
Victor/Victoria
Mame (Lucille Ball)
Doris Day and Rock Hudson movies
The Witches
Legend
Star Trek the Motion Picture
Blade Runner
Batman (Keaton)
Batman Returns (Keaton)
Galaxy Quest

Koyaanisqatsi. I've watched it at least a dozen times.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. At least two dozen times.

Leon, The Professional.
I've seen G, B &U probably 4-5 times in my life. Will certainly watch again, but it has to be a certain kind of a day... like a snowed in Sunday.
Leon is a great movie. I believe I have watched it three times and again, will again for sure.

There are several...

Galaxy Quest

Lawrence of Arabia

The Spirit of St. Louis

Down Periscope

The Martian

The Star Wars series (the original three)

Raiders of the Lost Ark & Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Quigley Down Under

Seven Days in May

There are others, but that's a good start...
All excellent movies. Seven Days in May stands out as one our greatest political thriller.

Next to that is Godfather I and II, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Only the Godfather movies would I even put on the "best movies I have seen list"... but they are the most enjoyable.
I've seen the godfather I & II at least once a year every year since 1972 and 74 so well over 50 times each, but my two favorite movies to watch over and over again are "Dirty Dancing" and "Stripes" [I'm big on comedy rewatching]...

...as an aside, I should say that "Dirty Dancing" was out for over 5 years before I watched it for the first time, I was convinced by the title I would have no interest in it but I could not have been more wrong. love that movie.

I need to explain how I differentiate between a good movie from a great one. I can only come up up with two examples. A good move is "Goodfellas". Seen it a few dozen times, will see it a few dozen more. It's that case of Heineken you buy every weekend. A great movie is "Schindler's List". I was fortunate to see it the night it opened, and seeing in a packed theater full of people crying as hard as me was an experience I'll never forget. Since it came out in 1993 I may have seen it 6-7 times. It's that rare bottle of 12 year old Scotch at the back of my liquor cabinet. Once in a great while I'll take it out, dust it off, hold it up to the light to admire its color, pour one shot and just savor it.
The Treasure of Sierra Madre and Casablanca are his best. My favorite is Key Largo but I'm swayed because I lived in the Keys many years ago.

I believe character development is the one most important characteristic of great dramas. When people say, "I really cared about the characters", "She makes you want to cry", or " The characters seem like real people" this is the result of character development. It takes real effort on the part of the actors, director, script writer. You can make good dramas without it but you can't make great dramas without it.

In "Schindler's List: it is Spielberg who created the character of the little girl wearing her red coat, a picture of youth and innocent contrasted by the dark hopelessness. This is probably the greatest use of color in any movie.

1649130860863.png

Last edited:
In another era just around the beginnings of the expansion of cable and especially before movies like Shane and the Quiet Man and all of the Errol Flynn Westerns and Buccaneer movies plus Robin Hood.
Good Movie but I like other westerns better.

I've seen the godfather I & II at least once a year every year since 1972 and 74 so well over 50 times each, but my two favorite movies to watch over and over again are "Dirty Dancing" and "Stripes" [I'm big on comedy rewatching]...

...as an aside, I should say that "Dirty Dancing" was out for over 5 years before I watched it for the first time, I was convinced by the title I would have no interest in it but I could not have been more wrong. love that movie.
I think Stripes and Groundhog Day are Murray's best

My personally favorite movies are not the ones I watch over and over. These are the ones I never get tired of watching because I love the music.
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Oklahoma
Singing in the Rain
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Music Man
My Fair Lady
Phantom of Opera

The Treasure of Sierra Madre and Casablanca are his best. My favorite is Key Largo but I'm swayed because I lived in the Keys many years ago.

I believe character development is the one most important characteristic of great dramas. When people say, "I really cared about the characters", "She makes you want to cry", or " The characters seem like real people" this is the result of character development. It takes real effort on the part of the actors, director, and script writer. You can make good dramas without it but you can't make great dramas without it.

Hands down The Birdcage. Surprises me since I am not much into comedy but the genius cast of this show and the narrative will have me laughing repeatedly for many years to come.

There are 3 movies that I tend to watch at least once per year, and strangely they are all musicals.
They are: The Wizard Of Oz, Oliver Twist, and Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory.
Guess it's childhood memories that brings me to these movies.

Forum List

Back