In spite of his "experience", why Newt Gingrich is unelectable:

His first wife has publicly said she was completely blindsided by the divorce papers. She knew nothing about his affair and had no idea he wanted a divorce. She has stated this publicly. The second wife was having a tumor removed. It was benign. But she was still in the hospital. Something that can't be denied.

I think you've been reading so much HuffPo that it's rotted your brain.

His first wife, Jackie, was the one in the hospital for the tumor.

Here's what his daughter had to say about it.

Setting the Record Straight by Jackie Gingrich Cushman on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

For years, I have thought about trying to correct the untrue accounts of this hospital visit. After all, I was at the hospital with them, and saw and heard what happened. But I have always hesitated, as it was a private family matter and my mother is a very private person. In addition, for the four people involved, it was one of a million interactions and was not considered a defining event by any of us.

My mother and I have both recently run into quite a few people who hold an inaccurate understanding of this hospital visit. Many think my mother is dead.

So, to correct the record, here is what happened: My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a "Miracle Mom," as I titled her in a column this week.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.

The tumor was benign.

As with many divorces, it was hard and painful for all involved, but life continued.

Anything else on this subject is lies... and you clearly don't have your facts straight.

His first wife has publicly said she was completely blindsided by the divorce papers.

Have a link?

Actually, it was his SECOND wife. Too many wives to keep "track":

Washingtonpost.com: How and What Newt Told Marianne

Marianne Ginther Gingrich was visiting her childhood home in Ohio in early May to celebrate her mother's 84th birthday when her husband phoned. After offering birthday wishes to his mother-in-law, Gingrich asked to speak to his wife. Virginia Ginther soon found her daughter in tears.

"I said, 'Marianne, what's wrong?'‚" Ginther recalled yesterday. She said Marianne replied: "He doesn't want me as his wife anymore."

There was a second jolt soon after. Newt Gingrich, now 56, informed his wife that he was having an affair with a congressional aide, a woman 23 years his junior, Ginther said.

"I was totally shocked," Marianne Gingrich, 48, said yesterday in an interview from her home in Marietta, Ga. "I had no idea."

Hope that helped.

Yes, it does. I shows that you are too lazy to do actual research.

Until someone calls you on your bullshit.

Please apologize to the class for wasting everyone's time.

His first wife has publicly said she was completely blindsided by the divorce papers. She knew nothing about his affair and had no idea he wanted a divorce. She has stated this publicly. The second wife was having a tumor removed. It was benign. But she was still in the hospital. Something that can't be denied.

I think you've been reading so much HuffPo that it's rotted your brain.

His first wife, Jackie, was the one in the hospital for the tumor.

Here's what his daughter had to say about it.

Setting the Record Straight by Jackie Gingrich Cushman on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

For years, I have thought about trying to correct the untrue accounts of this hospital visit. After all, I was at the hospital with them, and saw and heard what happened. But I have always hesitated, as it was a private family matter and my mother is a very private person. In addition, for the four people involved, it was one of a million interactions and was not considered a defining event by any of us.

My mother and I have both recently run into quite a few people who hold an inaccurate understanding of this hospital visit. Many think my mother is dead.

So, to correct the record, here is what happened: My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a "Miracle Mom," as I titled her in a column this week.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.

The tumor was benign.

As with many divorces, it was hard and painful for all involved, but life continued.

Anything else on this subject is lies... and you clearly don't have your facts straight.

I just said in the previous post I got them reversed. He has had too many wives for me to keep track of. That won't be lost on American women.

The tea party has killed the decent republicans chances this time arround.

I have to admit, there's a certain truth to that. When the political climate allows someone like Christine O'Donnell to be nominated as the candidate to the US Senate, something's going terribly wrong.

An Al Franken getting ELECTED to the Senate shows a system that is in perfectly good repair to you?

I just said in the previous post I got them reversed. He has had too many wives for me to keep track of. That won't be lost on American women.

But you've been repeating this lie for days, and I suspect next week, you'll be repeating them again.

If you can't keep track of three women, that kind of tells me you aren't very bright.

An Al Franken getting ELECTED to the Senate shows a system that is in perfectly good repair to you?

I'd have to guess that your issue with Franken is based entirely on his previous occupation, which is pathetic to say the least. O'Donnell, however, is a blazing idiot.

The tea party has killed the decent republicans chances this time arround.

I have to admit, there's a certain truth to that. When the political climate allows someone like Christine O'Donnell to be nominated as the candidate to the US Senate, something's going terribly wrong.

He wrote some good books ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh_Is_a_Big_Fat_Idiot_and_Other_Observations

Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations (Delacorte Press, 1996) ISBN 0-385-31474-4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies_a...l_Them:_A_Fair_and_Balanced_Look_at_the_Right

Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right (Dutton Books, 2003) ISBN 0-525-94764-7

Last edited:

I'd have to guess that your issue with Franken is based entirely on his previous occupation, which is pathetic to say the least. O'Donnell, however, is a blazing idiot.

I would say previous occupations, which have been writing for SNL when it wasn't funny, and talking about insane conspiracy theories on AirUnAmerica when no one was listening, didn't qualify him to be a senator any more than what O'Donnell did before.

He wrote some good books ;)

I have a liberal friend who gets me those books for Xmas, and I get him Rush's and Hannity's books. And, no they aren't good by any stretch of the imagination. They're partisan hackery.

Oh, his idea of a "good conservative"- Ariania HOoooooooofington.

Not really. He's been kind of a non-entity in the Senate. He never appears on TV shows or gives television interviews because people will focus on the fact he used to be a comedian. So he's useful backbencher who can be counted on to vote for whatever Reid and Obama want to get done.

What happened in Newt's marriages as far as I'm concerned is between them.
I didn't realize we were looking to vote for someone for sainthood.
The libs that bitch the most about this are probably the ones with the biggest shrines to Bubba Clinton
the biggest horn dogg of all of them.

What happened in Newt's marriages as far as I'm concerned is between them.
I didn't realize we were looking to vote for someone for sainthood.
The libs that bitch the most about this are probably the ones with the biggest shrines to Bubba Clinton
the biggest horn dogg of all of them.

Exactly that.

Frankly, I wonder why we expect these politicians to be perfect family men when they spend half their time away from home either serving or legislating, and subject their families to all sorts of scrutiny most normal people wouldn't want.

I would say previous occupations, which have been writing for SNL when it wasn't funny, and talking about insane conspiracy theories on AirUnAmerica when no one was listening, didn't qualify him to be a senator any more than what O'Donnell did before.

I think you're missing my point. O'Donnell is a blazing idiot who never had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected. But she won the nomination because she had the Tea Party sticker next to her name. The Delaware GOP handed that seat to the Democrats by nominating her. Franken, not only had a viable chance to be elected, he won. See the difference? The fact that the Tea Party has so much sway over the GOP that it puts up flaming idiots for candidates who have no chance of winning, over more sensible candidates who would have had an actual chance to win, shows that alot has gone rotten in the GOP.

I think you're missing my point. O'Donnell is a blazing idiot who never had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected. But she won the nomination because she had the Tea Party sticker next to her name. The Delaware GOP handed that seat to the Democrats by nominating her. Franken, not only had a viable chance to be elected, he won. See the difference? The fact that the Tea Party has so much sway over the GOP that it puts up flaming idiots for candidates who have no chance of winning, over more sensible candidates who would have had an actual chance to win, shows that alot has gone rotten in the GOP.

He won in a state that makes professional wrestlers governor. That's not saying much for the state of MN in particular or the state of our democracy in general.

Some day, the Presidency will be decided "American Idol" style, and President Sanjiya will blow up the world. Thus it was recorded in the Canticle for Leibowitz.

He won in a state that makes professional wrestlers governor. That's not saying much for the state of MN in particular or the state of our democracy in general.

And what are your actual objections to these people, other than their previous employment?

And what are your actual objections to these people, other than their previous employment?

Isn't that enough?

From a more practical point of view, Jesse the Odd's One Term governorship was a disaster, and Franken has been a non-entity in the Senate in what will probably be his ONLY term. Because they were elected as "Jokes" by a oddball state that likes to flip the bird to the political establishment.

Forum List

Back