In spite of his "experience", why Newt Gingrich is unelectable:

Well, besides repeating a lot of falsehoods about Gingrich's personal life, so what?

Personally, I still think this will come down to Perry and Romney, because they have the money and organization.

I wouldn't be so QUICK to say that. Newt Gingrich is still the best candidate--and everyone knows that Obama would have to bring 10 teleprompters with him to to keep up with Newt in any debate--and even then he would still get his ass kicked.

If Herman Cain with no money can rise to the top of the chain so can Newt Gingrich--if people will get the hell off of mooding around about a 20 year old personal marriage problem.

Anything else on this subject is lies... and you clearly don't have your facts straight.

I just said in the previous post I got them reversed. He has had too many wives for me to keep track of. That won't be lost on American women.

But you've been repeating this lie for days, and I suspect next week, you'll be repeating them again.

If you can't keep track of three women, that kind of tells me you aren't very bright.

They're not my women. Besides, I only ever needed one.

Newt Gingrich is being touted as the "elder statesmen".

A man with decades of political experience who once before challenged a popular Democratic president.

A man who understands the way government works.

A man who knows how to talk to a wacky base.

A man who, even though he has a gay sister, is anti gay rights (probably a plus for most Republicans).

A man who has clear positions on foreign policy.

Newt Gingrich is unelectable. But not for the following reasons:

84 charges of ethics violations.

Having an affair and going after Clinton for the same thing at the same time.

His anti poor stance.

His anti education stance.

None of these matter.

The single thing is the fact that twice, he left his wife for a much younger women. For many women in the Republican Party, this is terrifying. When his first wife was hit with divorce papers, she said it came as a "complete surprise". This poor women was blindsided. She was, by all accounts, a good women and a good mother. And then she was just "cast aside". The second wife was in the hospital when she was served with divorce papers. In both cases, he married some kind of secretary. This would become a campaign issues and Republican women won't accept it. You can bet your Confederate Flag on it.

I can tell you why Newt is unelectable, and it will only take me four words. People don't like him.

An Al Franken getting ELECTED to the Senate shows a system that is in perfectly good repair to you?

I'd have to guess that your issue with Franken is based entirely on his previous occupation, which is pathetic to say the least. O'Donnell, however, is a blazing idiot.

I would say previous occupations, which have been writing for SNL when it wasn't funny, and talking about insane conspiracy theories on AirUnAmerica when no one was listening, didn't qualify him to be a senator any more than what O'Donnell did before.

Wasn't funny? Oh, that's right. I forgot. Right wingers love to applaud executions. To each his own.

I'd have to guess that your issue with Franken is based entirely on his previous occupation, which is pathetic to say the least. O'Donnell, however, is a blazing idiot.

O'Donnell was a producer and writer for the West Wing. He's no idiot.
Franken is very bright, too.

Well, besides repeating a lot of falsehoods about Gingrich's personal life, so what?

Personally, I still think this will come down to Perry and Romney, because they have the money and organization.

I wouldn't be so QUICK to say that. Newt Gingrich is still the best candidate--and everyone knows that Obama would have to bring 10 teleprompters with him to to keep up with Newt in any debate--and even then he would still get his ass kicked.

If Herman Cain with no money can rise to the top of the chain so can Newt Gingrich--if people will get the hell off of mooding around about a 20 year old personal marriage problem.

I agree. Newts personal life doesn't bother me one bit. Thats between he and his family.

I would love to see Barry debating Newt. Wouldn't that be a jaw dropper??

If Newt got the nom I would have no problem voting for him at all.

Newt is the best politician of the bunch and one of the worst morally. However, if we could elect Bill, Newt has no downside. He may end challenging Mitt in the end when Cain fails. But Newt can't beat Mitt, not even in FL.

A man with decades of political experience who once before challenged a popular Democratic president.

A man who, even though he has a gay sister, is anti gay rights (probably a plus for most Republicans).

His anti poor stance.

None of these matter.

The single thing is the fact that twice, he left his wife for a much younger women. For many women in the Republican Party, this is terrifying. When his first wife was hit with divorce papers, she said it came as a "complete surprise". This poor women was blindsided. She was, by all accounts, a good women and a good mother. And then she was just "cast aside". The second wife was in the hospital when she was served with divorce papers. In both cases, he married some kind of secretary. This would become a campaign issues and Republican women won't accept it. You can bet your Confederate Flag on it.

I can tell you why Newt is unelectable, and it will only take me four words. People don't like him.

LOL... yeah, right.

Obama 44%, Gingrich 38% - Rasmussen Reports™

His anti poor stance.

None of these matter.

LOL... yeah, right.

Keep telling yourself that

General Election: Gingrich vs. ObamaPoll Date Sample Obama (D) Gingrich (R) Spread
RCP Average 10/7 - 11/4 -- 48.7 38.0 Obama +10.7
Rasmussen Reports 11/3 - 11/4 1000 LV 44 38 Obama +6
Quinnipiac 10/25 - 10/31 2294 RV 52 37 Obama +15
PPP (D) 10/7 - 10/10 700 RV 50 39 Obama +11

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

LOL... yeah, right.

Keep telling yourself that

General Election: Gingrich vs. ObamaPoll Date Sample Obama (D) Gingrich (R) Spread
RCP Average 10/7 - 11/4 -- 48.7 38.0 Obama +10.7
Rasmussen Reports 11/3 - 11/4 1000 LV 44 38 Obama +6
Quinnipiac 10/25 - 10/31 2294 RV 52 37 Obama +15
PPP (D) 10/7 - 10/10 700 RV 50 39 Obama +11

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

so? The latest poll shows the gao has narrowed to +6, and whats more it's an identical +6 with independents. Well within striking distance seeing as how the incumbant is polling less than 45% in the sample and we're 53 weeks away from the actual election.

Forum List

Back