In spite of his "experience", why Newt Gingrich is unelectable:

anybody but obama anybody

That's why you'll lose.

No one ever won an election voting against somebody, they won it voting for somebody.

I know I am against Obama, but I haven't really seen anyone I'm for yet. I kind of like Perry but he's been lame. Gingrich is smart, but the OP has a point, he has baggage. Cain is a loose cannon. Romney is a Weird Mormon Robot. Bachmann and Paul are nuts. Huntsman and Santorum... are they still in this?

Seriously, out of millions of registered Republicans, these were the best 8 people we could come up with?

Any decent republican with a brain who wants to be in politics knows this one is a losing prospect for a republican with a brain.

You have to do a Romeny and say whatever the base wants to hear no matter how stupid the idea is.

Then like Romeny this base you just pandered to thinks your faking your support of the insane ideas.

The tea party has killed the decent republicans chances this time arround.

We will have to see just how long this tea party you all courted to get enough votes to win an election will hang arround the rights neck keeping them from getting elelcted.

I poredict it will be Romeny and a third party TP person running.

That splits the right and hands it right back to Obama.

You will never win general elections with a tea party platform.

The right did it to themselves.

Well, besides repeating a lot of falsehoods about Gingrich's personal life, so what?

Personally, I still think this will come down to Perry and Romney, because they have the money and organization.

So what? That's a man's perspective. I saw the same thing just now on Morning Joe. Leaving your wife for a much younger women is the fear of many, many women. Especially for those on the conservative side who are supposed to be "taken care of" and "subservient" by and to their husbands. Newt has moved on to a much younger women, "twice". And in a callous and awful manner. Conservative men see nothing wrong. It's a non issue. Many may even admire him for doing what they wish they could do. For conservative women, it's a whole other ball game. They not only don't like it. It scares them.

As a liberal man (which is really, an oxymoron, when you think about it), I think you are the last person to speak to what "conservative women" feel.

The thing is, both of Gingrich's divorces were mutually agreed upon. He didn't serve anyone with divorce papers in a cancer ward. Even his own daughter has refuted that claim.

Sometimes, marriages just don't work, and it's best for all involved if they end. Some people just shouldn't get married at all.

No one is planning to marry Gingrich, we just want him to fix what Obamasky has messed up.

His first wife has publicly said she was completely blindsided by the divorce papers. She knew nothing about his affair and had no idea he wanted a divorce. She has stated this publicly. The second wife was having a tumor removed. It was benign. But she was still in the hospital. Something that can't be denied.

That's why you'll lose.

No one ever won an election voting against somebody, they won it voting for somebody.

I know I am against Obama, but I haven't really seen anyone I'm for yet. I kind of like Perry but he's been lame. Gingrich is smart, but the OP has a point, he has baggage. Cain is a loose cannon. Romney is a Weird Mormon Robot. Bachmann and Paul are nuts. Huntsman and Santorum... are they still in this?

Seriously, out of millions of registered Republicans, these were the best 8 people we could come up with?

Except that was the theme Obama and the democrats used. Anybody but bush.

no, that was the theme kerry and dems used in 2004.......

how did that work out?

with decades of republicans pushing "social conservative christian values" as a major part of their platform, many of their base will sit out the election if gingrich or romney gets the nom.......

That's why you'll lose.

don't try to feed us the "he has baggage" bullshit. that didn't stop you morons from electing obama. he had plenty of "baggage" and you asswipes just ignored it. Now! see what you've done?

That's why you'll lose.

no, that was the theme kerry and dems used in 2004.......

how did that work out?

moron, kerry ran against Bush. obama did not.

You've inspired me. I'm going to go through old posts from 2004. I'm sure I'll find examples of you blasting the Democrats for their "Anybody But Bush" attitude. Which, of course, worked out so well come election time.

Newts the smartest guy in the room and I think he would make a great POTUS.

He has baggage that doesn't bother me one bit but it will bother extreme right wingers.

Don't think he will get the nom but if he did I would have no problem voting for him.

Obviously it wasn't, because they would have supported McCain then, eh? But back in 2004 when Kerry supporters were beating the "Anybody but Bush" drum most on the GOP side were complaining that it showed that the Dems had nothing to offer. And it lost the Dems the election.

I have to admit, there's a certain truth to that. When the political climate allows someone like Christine O'Donnell to be nominated as the candidate to the US Senate, something's going terribly wrong.

I have to admit, there's a certain truth to that. When the political climate allows someone like Christine O'Donnell to be nominated as the candidate to the US Senate, something's going terribly wrong.

The Tea Party represents we, the people.. not you liberal elites.. go ahead and foam at the mouth that you're not a liberal.. Every post you make favors liberalism and Obama.. you're the typical so called "Independent" who for some reason thinks the rest of us buys your garbage..so in the end who gives a shit what you think?

The Tea Party represents we, the people.. not you liberal elites.. go ahead and foam at the mouth that you're not a liberal.. Every post you make favors liberalism and Obama.. you're the typical so called "Independent" who for some reason thinks the rest of us buys your garbage..so in the end who gives a shit what you think?

Let me explain something before I block you. When I come here and I see idiots like you making stupid arguments, I'm going to call you out on it every single time. Not because I support Obama. I don't. I've been "foaming at the mouth" for someone to emerge as a great candidate that I can really put my weight behind. For a moment there I thought it might have been Cain, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'll probably be backing Romney in the end. But there's still a whole year to go. Of course, if Bachmann were the GOP candidate I might vote for Obama after all just to make sure that crazy bat-shit doesn't get in there.

The thing I oppose is the extremism, like what you demonstrate, that has become so rampant in our politics today, the partisanship that refuses to compromise, and the widespread stupidity that you embody. I don't favor "liberalism." It's just that this board is so full of conservative wing-nuts that I can't support YOUR corrupted version of things. And just like the good little extremist terrorist that you are, anyone who isn't as conservative as you is automatically a liberal in your mind.

I guess you've never seen me in the Immigration section talking about how opposed I am to illegal immigration, have you? I guess you've missed all my posts when I keep repeating that government intervention is not going to fix the problems in the jobs market, or that at the very least, any intervention should be specifically targeted to operate within the mechanisms of the market. I think part of the problem is that you wing-nuts have lost sight of what conservatism really means. You talk about "We the People" and power to the people, and constitutional rights. Well there it sits right in front of your eyes across the country in the Occupy movement, but you ass hats want the government to step in and push the people out and suppress their rights. Most of you "conservatives" on this board have completely lost your principles. You've corrupted it all into a vile cesspit of irrational hatred for anything that's not you. As if you're such hot shit that you define what "true" conservatism really is. The only thing most of you could be the poster child for is loonies that have lost touch with their position and reality.

Now, about the stupid arguments that you like to make, your opening sentence is a direct contradiction of itself. You say that the Tea Party represents "We the People" and then turn around and say that it excludes a notable segment of the people. Clearly, you're not thinking straight and cannot make an argument that is logical. What you're really trying to say is that it represents "We the people I think ought to have any say or who I think are right." It's idiots like you who are going to get Obama re-elected. Because every time you all make irrational diatribes about the man, you're just convincing more and more sound minded undecided people that the GOP must not have anything to offer after all. And you're God damned right I'm going to call you out on it each and ever time because it's idiot wing-nut conservatives like you who are going to force us rational non-Obama supporting people in the middle to be stuck with this underachieving President another four more years!

And you're blocked....

His first wife has publicly said she was completely blindsided by the divorce papers.

Have a link?

Actually, it was his SECOND wife. Too many wives to keep "track":

Washingtonpost.com: How and What Newt Told Marianne

Marianne Ginther Gingrich was visiting her childhood home in Ohio in early May to celebrate her mother's 84th birthday when her husband phoned. After offering birthday wishes to his mother-in-law, Gingrich asked to speak to his wife. Virginia Ginther soon found her daughter in tears.

"I said, 'Marianne, what's wrong?'‚" Ginther recalled yesterday. She said Marianne replied: "He doesn't want me as his wife anymore."

There was a second jolt soon after. Newt Gingrich, now 56, informed his wife that he was having an affair with a congressional aide, a woman 23 years his junior, Ginther said.

"I was totally shocked," Marianne Gingrich, 48, said yesterday in an interview from her home in Marietta, Ga. "I had no idea."

Hope that helped.

Forum List

Back