In Defense of Mike Pence, as He Declares His Candidacy for 2024

What I am going to say will not be well received by anybody, right or left. But I am going to say it any because I think it should be said. We could do far, far worse selecting a GOP presidential nominee than Mike Pence. He is a conservative politician with an admirable political history, including being the governor of Indiana and a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. Sure, there will be the detractors. The Trump supporters will throw Pence under the bus because he refused to certify electors. The left hates Pence because he opposes murdering babies.

Mike Pence served 4 long years as VP to Trump. During that time he was a soldier for Trump and his agenda. He had to endure a constantly changing staff, Don's late night Twitter sessions, McDonald's wrappers on the floor in the Oval Office, and probably Don Leering at his wife. But hey, I get it. I voted for Trump both times. I love Trump. He is my kind of guy. However, I differ from him in that I am an ideological conservative while he is a populist. There is nothing wrong with populism per se. I am not crazy about it because without a clear understanding of what you are voting for, and the ability of a populist to sway with the breeze, I feel that there is less accountability with populists. Moreover, my conservatism requires adherence to the constitution as our primary guiding principle as opposed to situational ethics. But I digress.

Through all the funny jokes about grabbing pussy and tales of fucking smoking how whoowahs (which Pence finds offensive and degrading), Pence remained a dutiful and loyal soldier. he defended Trump and advocated his policies. Plus, he did it within the parameters of his own tolerances rather than becoming a mini-Trump. A mini-Trump is a schmuck. There can only be one man who can pull off being Trump.

Clearly and lawfully, Pence made the correct decision not to reject electors and send us into the constitutional twilight zone. Even to this day he does not speak ill of Trump, though he will levy a critique of him. And so what? Every president can be, and will be, subject to critical analysis. See, Don is the kind of man you don't want your daughter to hang around, while Pence is the father tells his daughter not to hang around someone like Trump. Again, I love the man (Trump), and I love much of what he did in office. But I think we can really do better. While my current choice for 2024 is DeSantis, as between Trump and Pence.... I think I would have to go with Pence. Pence is a reasonable, pragmatic man who abides by a strong moral code. He is a decent and humble man. He demonstrated his iron character by standing by Trump for 4 years. I don't think anyone else did that except for Kellyanne Conway (who probably would do anything to stay away from that stupid bastard hubby of hers). Pence will thoughtfully consider every position he takes, and will not send boys into way without a thorough and agonizing battle with his conscience. He will also pursue a strong policy of prosperity through capitalism and energy growth, putting a stop to the idiotic leftist "green deal" bullshit.

If Trump is nominated again, of course I will vote for him. The alternative is just too fucking disgusting. Democrats have nowhere near to the moral fortitude to serve in any position of power, let alone the presidency and legislature. Pence has the understanding that the mechanisms of government belong to the People and that politicians hold their positions in what should be a quasi-fiduciary capacity to the People. There is not a Democrat alive today that believes this. They believe that they must be a great person and a leader since they were elected, and therefore, they are deserving of all the trappings and spoils of power. There are a lot of GOP who feel the same way. I trust Pence to do the right thing morally. There are not many politicians in the world you can say that about.

Sorry, but I could not stop belly laughing at your assessment that Trump has more "moral fortitude" than Democrats.

As for Pence, I lost respect for him when he hitched his evangelical wagon to a hellbound horse.

I appreciate his brave stand on January 6. I admire him a great deal for that and for refusing to let Trump's mad mob to run him off the grounds.

I agree he would be a far better President than Trump. He knows how to govern while Trump does not.

But if Trump and Biden are the candidates in 2024 and you put a gun to my head and told me to choose one, I would still say, "Pull the trigger."

Sorry, but I could not stop belly laughing at your assessment that Trump has more "moral fortitude" than Democrats.

As for Pence, I lost respect for him when he hitched his evangelical wagon to a hellbound horse.

I appreciate his brave stand on January 6. I admire him a great deal for that and for refusing to let Trump's mad mob to run him off the grounds.

I agree he would be a far better President than Trump. He knows how to govern while Trump does not.

But if Trump and Biden are the candidates in 2024 and you put a gun to my head and told me to choose one, I would still say, "Pull the trigger."

Bullshit, you'd vote for Biden again. He loves abortion just like you do.

I highly doubt he will get the nomination. But he will not lose because of your imagined faults

No, he will lose because of my highly spot on listed faults! I've seen better looking dead people.

Mike Pence is Running for President against His Old Boss. Here’s what ...

Pence will get zero votes from the left, few votes from the center and few votes from the right.

You "lost respect" for Pence, but you also "admire him a great deal"? :confused:

No, he will lose because of my highly spot on listed faults! I've seen better looking dead people.

Mike Pence is Running for President against His Old Boss. Here’s what ...

Pence will get zero votes from the left, few votes from the center and few votes from the right.
Fake, just like you, you puny, useless jizz bubble.

You oppose Pence because he has an (R) by his name, liar.
No.
He would like force every LGBTQ+ person into "pray away the gay" camps. That's enough to oppose him overall but within my GOP I oppose him because when he could have spoken up about Trump, he chose party over country. THAT is enough to oppose any candidate for any office from any party.

They are half of your party. If y'all could band together, you'd win elections left and right. If RINOS and Magadonians hooked up, you'd be the talk of the town.
No they are not... if they were Trump wouldn't be polling at 92% favorability with the republican base....

No.
He would like force every LGBTQ+ person into "pray away the gay" camps. That's enough to oppose him overall but within my GOP I oppose him because when he could have spoken up about Trump, he chose party over country. THAT is enough to oppose any candidate for any office from any party.
Fucking liar.

The fact that alleged republicans feel the need to defend Pence is telling in this political climate. Pence seems to be a pretty stable conservative with little political charisma. America needs a strong leader but Pence might as well be the governor of Indiana.

You are making stuff up again tard.... that won't help Biden in 24....

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper in his new book said that "leaks were a chronic problem" in the Trump administration and former President Donald Trump was the "biggest leaker of all."

"The individual motivations for the leaks ranged from advancing a preferred policy outcome to enhancing the leaker's own role or credentials to currying favor with the president. It was a noxious behavior learned from the top. The president was the biggest leaker of all. It turned colleague against colleague, department against department, and it was generally bad for the administration and the country," Esper wrote in "A Sacred Oath: Memoirs of a Secretary of Defense During Extraordinary Times."

Suck on that for a while, rube.

Forum List

Back