In Case You Haven't Been Paying Attention...CNN and MSNBC Thinks We're In For A Recession

Those who say wages have been stagnant since Trump took over are mistaken. It takes a while to kick start a economy from the moribund state it was in under Obama (1.6% economic growth in Dec 2016). Consider:

We are in the midst of a record economic expansion in which workers in lower-wage jobs are seeing their wages grow faster than many high-wage workers.

This is no mere blip on the screen. It’s an ongoing trend, as the July jobs report shows.

Average wage growth has been above 3% for the last 11 straight months. Meanwhile, the lowest 10th percentile of wage earners (people making about $12 an hour) have benefited from more than twice that gain in wages—a 6.6% wage increase over just the last year. That’s equivalent to a roughly $1,500 raise for someone earning less than $25,000 a year.
No, Wages Are Not Rising Because of Minimum Wage Laws | Adam Michel

------------------

Here, the US economy is delivering even better results. Since 2016, weekly earnings for the bottom 10% of full-time workers have grown more than 50% faster than for workers at the median. The unemployment rate for adults without a high school degree is further below its long-term average than the rate for college-educated workers.
Don’t believe the naysayers: Capitalism is healthier than it appears | Michael R Strain

------------------

In combination with low inflation on the items that matter, U.S. wage growth is exceeding 3.5 percent. Subtract the inflation of 1.7 percent from the wage growth of 3.5 percent and you get Real Earning Growth of +1.8 percent.

…”From August 2018 to August 2019, real average hourly earnings increased 1.8 percent, seasonally adjusted.”… (BLS Link)

Any time worker earnings grow faster than the rate of inflation the lifestyle of the middle-class improves. People simply have more money to save, spend or upgrade. It’s simply common sense economics.
Best “Recession” Ever – MAGAnomics: Inflation 1.7%, Wage Growth +3.5%, Real Worker Earnings +1.8%…

-----------------

With a tight labor market we are seeing the natural upward pressure on wages. In the past four months wage rates have increased 4.2% [Table B-3], and from the employment data it appears those large wage incentives are bringing people back into the workforce.
August Report: 130,000 Jobs Added, Annual Wage Growth 3.2%, Three Month Wage Growth 4.2%…

Those who say wages have been stagnant since Trump took over are mistaken. It takes a while to kick start a economy from the moribund state it was in under Obama (1.6% economic growth in Dec 2016). Consider:

We are in the midst of a record economic expansion in which workers in lower-wage jobs are seeing their wages grow faster than many high-wage workers.

This is no mere blip on the screen. It’s an ongoing trend, as the July jobs report shows.

Average wage growth has been above 3% for the last 11 straight months. Meanwhile, the lowest 10th percentile of wage earners (people making about $12 an hour) have benefited from more than twice that gain in wages—a 6.6% wage increase over just the last year. That’s equivalent to a roughly $1,500 raise for someone earning less than $25,000 a year.

------------------

Here, the US economy is delivering even better results. Since 2016, weekly earnings for the bottom 10% of full-time workers have grown more than 50% faster than for workers at the median. The unemployment rate for adults without a high school degree is further below its long-term average than the rate for college-educated workers.
Don’t believe the naysayers: Capitalism is healthier than it appears | Michael R Strain

------------------

In combination with low inflation on the items that matter, U.S. wage growth is exceeding 3.5 percent. Subtract the inflation of 1.7 percent from the wage growth of 3.5 percent and you get Real Earning Growth of +1.8 percent.

…”From August 2018 to August 2019, real average hourly earnings increased 1.8 percent, seasonally adjusted.”… (BLS Link)

Any time worker earnings grow faster than the rate of inflation the lifestyle of the middle-class improves. People simply have more money to save, spend or upgrade. It’s simply common sense economics.
Best “Recession” Ever – MAGAnomics: Inflation 1.7%, Wage Growth +3.5%, Real Worker Earnings +1.8%…

-----------------

With a tight labor market we are seeing the natural upward pressure on wages. In the past four months wage rates have increased 4.2% [Table B-3], and from the employment data it appears those large wage incentives are bringing people back into the workforce.
August Report: 130,000 Jobs Added, Annual Wage Growth 3.2%, Three Month Wage Growth 4.2%…
Trump's doing a hell of a job!

Thxs for giving us Steve Moore's opinion.

His opinion is based on census facts. Got anything to refute those?

"In the seven and a half years that Barack Obama was president, and not including the end of the recession, which Obama inherited, incomes inched up by $1,043 (June 2009 – January 2019)"

Under Trump, over 5000 dollars in income increase.

STEVE-MOORE-Total-Household-Income-Gains.png

Things are looking real good under Trump:

b768ba0f-STEVE-MOORE-BUSH-OBAMA-TRUMP-CHART.png

As a matter of fact I do.

'Two decades with no progress for the middle class': New census data shows household income is the same as in 1999.

• The economy lifted more Americans from poverty in 2018 but failed to drive broader economic progress across households.
  • Median incomes were essentially flat after three years of growth last year, the Census Bureau said in a report Tuesday.
  • The median household income was $63,179 last year, statistically unchanged from 2017 and near where it stood in 1999.
  • The figures suggested rising inequality has continued to undermine progress during the longest expansion on record.
'Two decades with no progress for the middle class': New census data shows household income is the same as in 1999 | Markets Insider
My income went up $4 per hour since Trump has taken office.
So? My 401K quadrupled under Obama.

------------------

------------------

-----------------

Trump's doing a hell of a job!
Yes he is. He's done a great job not fucking up the great economy he inherited.

"In the seven and a half years that Barack Obama was president, and not including the end of the recession, which Obama inherited, incomes inched up by $1,043 (June 2009 – January 2019)"

'Two decades with no progress for the middle class': New census data shows household income is the same as in 1999.

• The economy lifted more Americans from poverty in 2018 but failed to drive broader economic progress across households.
  • Median incomes were essentially flat after three years of growth last year, the Census Bureau said in a report Tuesday.
  • The median household income was $63,179 last year, statistically unchanged from 2017 and near where it stood in 1999.
  • The figures suggested rising inequality has continued to undermine progress during the longest expansion on record.
'Two decades with no progress for the middle class': New census data shows household income is the same as in 1999 | Markets Insider

Really? Because my investments took about a 15% hit under Obama. 8 years and I wound up worse off than before the bozo took office.

Really? Because my investments took about a 15% hit under Obama. 8 years and I wound up worse off than before the bozo took office.
Then you prove to be too stupid to invest in the market. The Dow alone tripled under Obama after bottoming out in early March, 2009.

Then you prove to be too stupid to invest in the market. The Dow alone tripled under Obama after bottoming out in early March, 2009.

And you're too stupid to know how economics works and investments. Here let me educate your dumb ass.

You have 100 dollars. You invest it. It loses 50%. Now you have 50 dollars. How much do the markets have to go up for you to regain your money? 50%? Nope. 100 percent. So just to break even the markets have to double. Well, thanks to Obama's tanking economy I lost about 60% of my market investment. Everyone did. It took 8 years just to get back to LESS than what it was. Once Trump took office I've made almost 40%.

So yea, Obama sucks.

How much of a hit did they take under Bush 43?

How much of a hit did they take under Bush 43?

My stuff increased in value under Bush 43. I invested under Clinton, briefly made money then Clinton handed bush the dot com bubble and I lost my shirt. I eventually doubled my investment value under Bush even with the beginning of the recession. Under Obama it plummeted so much and so hard that it took 8 years to return to close to what it was.

Under Trump it has skyrocketed.

And you're too stupid to know how economics works and investments. Here let me educate your dumb ass.

You have 100 dollars. You invest it. It loses 50%. Now you have 50 dollars. How much do the markets have to go up for you to regain your money? 50%? Nope. 100 percent. So just to break even the markets have to double. Well, thanks to Obama's tanking economy I lost about 60% of my market investment. Everyone did. It took 8 years just to get back to LESS than what it was. Once Trump took office I've made almost 40%.

So yea, Obama sucks.
Dumbfuck, the markets did not lose 60% due to Obama. The Dpw alone increased 200% under his watch after bottoming out in March, 2009.

Well this certainly explains why you're the only loser to lose money in the market while Obama was president. :lmao:

Did you miss the largest drop in stock market history this past week and why it happened?
What is the definition of a recession and tell me if the words, "Stock Market" appears in it?
first, my post was inaccurate on stock market history, I corrected it later in the thread...

no, the stock market is not what determines a recession...

Last edited:
Bottom line: Don't believe a word the media says without verification.

and what would that be , an Ouija board Muddy?

look, if you (et all) don't already know we exist in a cyclical economy , then there's no more that needs to be discussed here

~S~

Well the recession bullshit didn't work, so the Leftist thugs have moved on to the Ukraine impeachment bullshit.

Well the recession bullshit didn't work, so the Leftist thugs have moved on to the Ukraine impeachment bullshit.
Whassamatter? You don't like it when Democrats use the Republican playbook?

Don't listen to them. These are the same A'holes that pushed Russian Collusion on us for over 2 years. They're hoping to convince enough people that we're headed for a recession so that they can counter the good Trump economy and make it a negative.

The Democrats have alot of chaos in store for us when it comes to the economy. They could care less if we lose our jobs. They screwed up the economy before, and if it means getting one of their candidates back in the WH they'll do it. But it takes alot of events to happen for them to screw up a strong economy. The first thing they have to destroy is consumer confidence. As long as we're still purchasing, the economy will keep rolling. So the Democrats and their corrupt media have to keep talking about Inverted Curves and other financial stuff that most people don't understand until they all start cutting back on everything. That's how you cause a recession.

Pedophile Bill Maher is talking about wanting a recession. Like Maxine Waters, he's tipping off what they're up to because he has a big mouth and doesn't know how to keep it shut. But bigmouths are good for this conspiracy because the more people talk about a recession the more real it becomes.

This is how the Democrats destroyed the economy beginning in 2007. They blamed the poor economy on Bush, but it was really just Democrats talking down the economy along with reckless actions by congress and banks that led to "The worst economy since the Great Depression". Cheap credit....lax governmental regulations. Hedge-funders betting on a crashing economy.

Bottom line: Don't believe a word the media says without verification. Reliable verification. Not snopes, or Moveon.org. Not Drudge Report.....nothing.
You see, they report the news from economists . . .

You must really suck at investing.

Because deficits don't matter when Republicans are in charge.

You assfucks were running in circles, waving your arms about, and screaming "OMG OMG OMG the deficits!!! the deficits!!!" under Obama.

The Fed is reducing interest rates to stave off a recession.

Substitute the word "hopes" for "thinks" and you have an idea which side the left wing media is on. The world is upside down in the liberal mind.

Forum List

Back