In before the ban!

Assuming that the swamp dwellers in the GOP are going to cave on taking away my rights, I’m going to get myself a couple of weapons before they are banned.

I have an AR-15 already, I don’t need another BUT if I build one it won’t have a serial number or a record so there’s that.

I have wanted an AK -47 for a while, I’m sure I’ll be getting one of those, but what else should I get?

I have always enjoyed having this dilemma.

Go for the AK. They're fairly inexpensive, the ammo is cheap, and they're alot of fun to shoot. I bought an Interarms back before the election in case Hilly won and have put over a thousand rounds through it since then. You won't get the same groups you would with an AR because the AK was designed to hit a man-sized target at 100 meters. I can get 4" groups at 100 yards with the iron sights on mine from a rest, all day.

You can get one with a milled receiver or a stamped receiver. The milled versions are better but more expensive, and most AKs have a stamped receiver. Get one in 7.62X39 and stay away from the 5.45X39 AK-74 because the ammo is harder to find.

Stay away from Inter Ordnance AKs, they're crap. Century Arms is ok but Arsenal Inc. is the best.

Thanks! I will be getting one absolutely, and they are cheaper than a Thompson anyway.

Assuming that the swamp dwellers in the GOP are going to cave on taking away my rights, I’m going to get myself a couple of weapons before they are banned.

I have an AR-15 already, I don’t need another BUT if I build one it won’t have a serial number or a record so there’s that.

I have wanted an AK -47 for a while, I’m sure I’ll be getting one of those, but what else should I get?

an ar-10 is nice

They are, and that is certainly a possibility. It’s the AR platform though, too similar.

I don't think they're gonna ban anything.

I hope not but in Florida they are caving in faster than a paper mache tunnel.

What are they doing?

Go for the AK. They're fairly inexpensive, the ammo is cheap, and they're alot of fun to shoot. I bought an Interarms back before the election in case Hilly won and have put over a thousand rounds through it since then. You won't get the same groups you would with an AR because the AK was designed to hit a man-sized target at 100 meters. I can get 4" groups at 100 yards with the iron sights on mine from a rest, all day.

You can get one with a milled receiver or a stamped receiver. The milled versions are better but more expensive, and most AKs have a stamped receiver. Get one in 7.62X39 and stay away from the 5.45X39 AK-74 because the ammo is harder to find.

Stay away from Inter Ordnance AKs, they're crap. Century Arms is ok but Arsenal Inc. is the best.

Thanks! I will be getting one absolutely, and they are cheaper than a Thompson anyway.

Thompsons are cool but pretty much useless. Hi-Point carbines are pretty decent. Their pistols suck but the carbines are pretty good. You can get them in 9mm and 40 caliber. But they're just good for plinking.

I carried one in the trunk of my car for a couple years before I traded it in on the AK.

Thompsons are cool but pretty much useless. Hi-Point carbines are pretty decent. Their pistols suck but the carbines are pretty good. You can get them in 9mm and 40 caliber. But they're just good for plinking.

I carried one in the trunk of my car for a couple years before I traded it in on the AK.
You can get them in 9mm and 40 caliber.
I have a 40.

shoots like a dream, easy to aim

You can get them in 9mm and 40 caliber.
I have a 40.

shoots like a dream, easy to aim

They are pretty decent and a lot of fun. Lifetime warranty too: I didn't have a scope mount when I got the one I had, and they sent me one for free.

Get yourself some 'wheel guns'. They never jam unless the rounds are damaged. All the same make/model and caliber. Get a few good old 7MM caliber long guns. Again the same make and model.
You'll have interchangeable parts for a hundred years.
Most importantly get a thousand rounds for each gun type and buy the high quality reload system. And a TON of primers/powder etc.
Collect EVERY spent cartridge!!!!!!! They could be as valuable as gold one day.
No one should be under any allusion. The LIBs/Left/Progressives........whatever the fuck they'll be calling themselves in the future have ONE goal: To take away every citizen's guns.
When that happens they WILL turn the USA into life as described in the book 1984.

I'm going to buy a bunch of lower receivers. You can get them for $60, build a complete weapon for $6-800 dollars more and sell them at a massive profit if the bed wetting parasites get their gun ban through.
Assault rifles make a nobody feel like a somebody. Who`s the bed wetters here?

OldLady he is fucking with you.....that is an old war gun.....
thanks bones. I know he's fucking with me and everyone else who wants those fucking things banned. Maybe I should have said satire, not garage

I am not fucking with anyone. It’s true, I was going to buy a brand new Thompson.
I've fired some 'ARs' and semi auto handguns.
I'm standing by my opinion that if you are deadly serious in defending yourself basic 'wheel guns' and bolt action long rifles with small clips are the most dependable guns to use. And you're much more likely to put the fear of GOD into someone who has just watched their fellow criminal's head get vaporized.
My 308 Norma Magnum with a good scope is far more lethal than spraying of bunch of light rounds all over the place...........not to mention much safer for any innocents nearby.

an ar-10 is nice

They are, and that is certainly a possibility. It’s the AR platform though, too similar.

I don't think they're gonna ban anything.

I hope not but in Florida they are caving in faster than a paper mache tunnel.

What are they doing?

Talking all kinds of stupid. Everything from outright bans, to background checks for private sales, to tieing no-fly status to the background checks.

Thompsom is too christian mafia. Why exonerate an owner such as that? John Wesley's prayer meetings in an abandoned gun factory, but no prayers before Benghazi. Jimmy Carter's private calls to Pyongyang. Only the Rollers and Military have guns there.

Get yourself some 'wheel guns'. They never jam unless the rounds are damaged. All the same make/model and caliber. Get a few good old 7MM caliber long guns. Again the same make and model.
You'll have interchangeable parts for a hundred years.
Most importantly get a thousand rounds for each gun type and buy the high quality reload system. And a TON of primers/powder etc.
Collect EVERY spent cartridge!!!!!!! They could be as valuable as gold one day.
No one should be under any allusion. The LIBs/Left/Progressives........whatever the fuck they'll be calling themselves in the future have ONE goal: To take away every citizen's guns.
When that happens they WILL turn the USA into life as described in the book 1984.

I’m part way there already. I reload all my ammo except 9mm because the plinking ammo is almost as cheap as I can make them.

I maintain 1000 rounds of 223, 1000 rounds of 30-06, 750 rounds 7.62, 500 rounds 45 LC, 500 rounds 44 mag, 500 357 mag, 500 of 40 S&W, 500 9mm (147gn), 500 380 Auto, 500 32 H&R mag, and 500 25 auto. Plus powder, primers, and some bullets as well. Enough to keep me stocked up for a while.

It’s not a bad idea to stock up on brass like you say, for selling later. I might do that. I can get it for $2/pound.

I'm going to buy a bunch of lower receivers. You can get them for $60, build a complete weapon for $6-800 dollars more and sell them at a massive profit if the bed wetting parasites get their gun ban through.

You are projecting again.

Thompsom is too christian mafia. Why exonerate an owner such as that? John Wesley's prayer meetings in an abandoned gun factory, but no prayers before Benghazi. Jimmy Carter's private calls to Pyongyang. Only the Rollers and Military have guns there.
2C3B5D92-4F8C-4020-A528-07FA81F36178.jpeg

I’m just disappointed in what I’ve heard about the Thompson. I have all the guns I need, now I’m buying them for “want” only. The biggest factor in the “want” is the mystique. The AK is both legendary and nefarious, ditto with the Thompson. I just can’t see spending $1500-$1900 on a gun that might be more trouble than it’s worth. Been there got burned on that already.

But, I have to get them before the (possible) ban.

I've got two AK's with thousands of rounds of ammo, but a nice addition to any collection would be a .308 bolt gun. I have one of these:

5989237_01_mossberg_patriot_308_like_new__640.jpg

Also a good short barreled shotgun is good.

Plus a couple of .357 magnums and a couple of 1911 .45's. I also have a Marlin lever action 22 that with the correct ammo it is less noisy than a bb gun. Of course if you want a quiet unsuppressed rifle, any non semi auto .22 with a 24 inch barrel will suffice.

I've got two AK's with thousands of rounds of ammo, but a nice addition to any collection would be a .308 bolt gun. I have one of these:

5989237_01_mossberg_patriot_308_like_new__640.jpg

Also a good short barreled shotgun is good.

Plus a couple of .357 magnums and a couple of 1911 .45's. I also have a Marlin lever action 22 that with the correct ammo it is less noisy than a bb gun. Of course if you want a quiet unsuppressed rifle, any non semi auto .22 with a 24 inch barrel will suffice.

I have a 30-06 Remington bolt. A short-ish 20 gauge double barrel and a Mossburg 500

It’s a Thompson. AKA a Tommy Gun, and you can buy them brand new. That photo was taken from Wiki though so it might be an old photo.

I don't know much about the new semi auto tommy guns, but the old full auto are very expensive. A buddy had the new semi-auto, I never heard of a problem with it.

I had an old shipmate, who told me he had to send his back twice just to get it working right, but now it does. I still wanted one even knowing that but then when I talked to the gun smith at the range I use he told me that he wouldn’t recommend that I get one. This is a potential sale that he talked me out of.

After the beating I took buying an expensive Kimber, I’m loathe to spend that kind of money on a crap gun again.

Hi-Point .45. Oogly, but cycle any rounds and just work.

Actually it's you leftards who are pissing in your panties and wetting your beds over them. You might want to Sam's Club and pick up a pallet of these...

61LDXlz4RIL._SL1000_.jpg

thanks bones. I know he's fucking with me and everyone else who wants those fucking things banned. Maybe I should have said satire, not garage

I am not fucking with anyone. It’s true, I was going to buy a brand new Thompson.
I've fired some 'ARs' and semi auto handguns.
I'm standing by my opinion that if you are deadly serious in defending yourself basic 'wheel guns' and bolt action long rifles with small clips are the most dependable guns to use. And you're much more likely to put the fear of GOD into someone who has just watched their fellow criminal's head get vaporized.
My 308 Norma Magnum with a good scope is far more lethal than spraying of bunch of light rounds all over the place...........not to mention much safer for any innocents nearby.

The good thing about a semi auto with a thirty round mag is I can make you put your head down and you'll stay that way while I advance on your position or move to a more advantages position.
And good luck finding me quickly with that scope.
I wont have that issue with my Eotech.

Dont get me wrong,a bolt gun has its advantages if you're taking someone out that isnt aware of your presence but in a firefight you'd be at distinct disadvantage.

Forum List

Back