In Alaska, Senate Frontrunner isn't even on the ballot

No she's proved she's a sore loser. The people had a choice between her and Miller, the people chose Miller.

and so she can't run as an independent or she's a sore loser?

Fact is, if the people wanted her to represent them, she would have won the primary. Had she ran as an Independent from the start, you may have a point. Yes. she's a sore loser a person that cannot accept that she wasn't the people's choice. She won't win and I wouldn't put it past her to contest the election results when she loses.

you really are a piece of work. :lol:

Fact is, if the people wanted her to represent them, she would have won the primary. Had she ran as an Independent from the start, you may have a point. Yes. she's a sore loser a person that cannot accept that she wasn't the people's choice. She won't win and I wouldn't put it past her to contest the election results when she loses.

Thanks.............. I think.

No she's proved she's a sore loser. The people had a choice between her and Miller, the people chose Miller.

No, republicans had a choice about who they wanted to nominate.

Now "the people" have a choice between her, Miller, and the Democrat. It looks like Murkowski has a chance to be that choice.

Or did you forget that there were people other than republicans in Alaska?

Why do you liberal fucks even care? You do know that Murkowski isn't as Democrat, don't you?

You do know I'm a registered republican don't you?

The Republican Party of Alaska's choice. Alaska as a whole hasn't voted.

Thanks.............. I think.

link?

No, republicans had a choice about who they wanted to nominate.

Now "the people" have a choice between her, Miller, and the Democrat. It looks like Murkowski has a chance to be that choice.

Or did you forget that there were people other than republicans in Alaska?

Why do you liberal fucks even care? You do know that Murkowski isn't as Democrat, don't you?

No and if you told me that then I would call you a liar. Fact is numbnuts the people already made their choice between Murkowski and Miller, she just wants a second chance because she is a sore loser! Do you honestly think the folks that didn't want her in the primary will have an epiphany and change their minds? I suppose it could happen, but it won't. I'll put five grand on it.

Yes Alaska as a whole has voted in the primaries you numbnutted puke! You think just parts of Alaska can vote in the primary?

They voted for the person they wanted to run in the general election and Murkowski wasn't one of them.

Now I understand that there is a Democratice opponent in the mix, but that's not the focus of this discussion, no matter how hard you want it to be.

No and if you told me that then I would call you a liar. Fact is numbnuts the people already made their choice between Murkowski and Miller, she just wants a second chance because she is a sore loser! Do you honestly think the folks that didn't want her in the primary will have an epiphany and change their minds? I suppose it could happen, but it won't. I'll put five grand on it.

Why? The only thing I agree with Dems on is reproductive rights and gay rights for the most part. I'm just not a family values voter, I'm still economically conservative, though.

I even question global warming for fucks sake.:lol:

Then again I'm more independent minded then anything. i really only registered republican to vote in the primaries this year, but I think I'll stay Republican for a good while, or at least until I can vote for Gary Johnson for Republican Presidential Candidate.

I tend to agree.

Its rather like Christ down here in Florida.

Rubio was beating the socks off him as a Rep.

What did he do?? Why he became an Independent.

Don't think it will help him much though.

Yes Alaska as a whole has voted in the primaries you numbnutted puke! You think just parts of Alaska can vote in the primary?

They voted for the person they wanted to run in the general election and Murkowski wasn't one of them.

Now I understand that there is a Democratice opponent in the mix, but that's not the focus of this discussion, no matter how hard you want it to be.

Only Republicans can vote in a republican primary in the state of Alaska. The whole state CANNOT vote in a primary, only those who are a member of the party holding that primary.

The state of Alaska's Republican Party held a primary to chose who would represent them in the general election. The whole of Alaska doesn't get to decide who represents the republicans, that'd be called an "open primary" and even in an "open primary" the whole of Alaska can't vote because you can only vote in one primary per election cycle (ie if you vote in the dem primary you can't turn around and vote in the rep primary in the same cycle).

I can't believe I'm sitting here fucking explaining this elementary shit.

I tend to agree.

Its rather like Christ down here in Florida.

Rubio was beating the socks off him as a Rep.

What did he do?? Why he became an Independent.

Don't think it will help him much though.

Murkowski's having much better luck, and it's Crist. Christ isn't running in any general elections that I know of.

Why? The only thing I agree with Dems on is reproductive rights and gay rights for the most part. I'm just not a family values voter, I'm still economically conservative, though.

Then again I'm more independent minded then anything. i really only registered republican to vote in the primaries this year, but I think I'll stay Republican for a good while, or at least until I can vote for Gary Johnson for Republican Presidential Candidate.

Why? Because I haven't heard a conservative opinion from you yet.

This should be good.

Please. Tell me what I think about things like social security, health care, payroll taxes, and the minimum wage. I'm liberal on social issues, and the fact is the majority of the discussions we have here on USMB are about social issues, but I'm conservative on economics.

Only Republicans can vote in a republican primary in the state of Alaska. The whole state CANNOT vote in a primary, only those who are a member of the party holding that primary.

The state of Alaska's Republican Party held a primary to chose who would represent them in the general election. The whole of Alaska doesn't get to decide who represents the republicans, that'd be called an "open primary" and even in an "open primary" the whole of Alaska can't vote because you can only vote in one primary per election cycle (ie if you vote in the dem primary you can't turn around and vote in the rep primary in the same cycle).

No. you're wrong, undeclared and non partisans can also vote in the Republican primary, and in the Democratic primary any registered voter may vote. And don't for a minute think you're schooling anyone, I'm well aware of the fact that an individual cannot vote in both primaries. You stated that Alaska as a whole hasn't voted when in fact every Alaskan has had the opportunity to vote. They are free to choose a candidate and vote in that respective primary. So the fact remains that Alaska, as a whole has had the opportunity to vote in the primaries.

Based on political party by-laws submitted to the Division of Elections there are three ballot choices:

Alaska Democratic Party, Alaska Libertarian Party and Alaskan Independence Party Candidate with Ballot Measures ballot - any registered voter may vote this ballot;

Alaska Republican Party Candidate with Ballot Measures ballot - voters registered as Republican, Nonpartisan or Undeclared may vote this ballot; and
the Ballot Measures Only ballot - any registered voter may vote this ballot.
The political party affiliation listed on a voter's registration record 30 days prior to the election determines which primary ballot type a voter is eligible to vote.

http://www.elections.alaska.gov/ei_primary.php

This should be good.

Please. Tell me what I think about things like social security, health care, payroll taxes, and the minimum wage. I'm liberal on social issues, and the fact is the majority of the discussions we have here on USMB are about social issues, but I'm conservative on economics.

You're a liberal and hey I don't blame you for not wanting to admit it. Hell if I was a liberal I'd probably deny it too.

No. you're wrong, undeclared and non partisans can also vote in the Republican primary, and in the Democratic primary any registered voter may vote. And don't for a minute think you're schooling anyone, I'm well aware of the fact that an individual cannot vote in both primaries. You stated that Alaska as a whole hasn't voted when in fact every Alaskan has had the opportunity to vote. They are free to choose a candidate and vote in that respective primary. So the fact remains that Alaska, as a whole has had the opportunity to vote in the primaries.

Based on political party by-laws submitted to the Division of Elections there are three ballot choices:

Alaska Democratic Party, Alaska Libertarian Party and Alaskan Independence Party Candidate with Ballot Measures ballot - any registered voter may vote this ballot;

Alaska Republican Party Candidate with Ballot Measures ballot - voters registered as Republican, Nonpartisan or Undeclared may vote this ballot; and
the Ballot Measures Only ballot - any registered voter may vote this ballot.
The political party affiliation listed on a voter's registration record 30 days prior to the election determines which primary ballot type a voter is eligible to vote.

http://www.elections.alaska.gov/ei_primary.php

But not in both. Alaska has not been able to chose out of the pool of general candidates. That means all parties and all choices. Murkowski has decided to run as a choice counter to Joe Miller and to the Democrat. Alaska now has a choice between the two parties and also have a choice to write her in as their candidate. Polls show that she still has significant support amongst many ALASKANS.

This should be good.

You're a liberal and hey I don't blame you for not wanting to admit it. Hell if I was a liberal I'd probably deny it too.

Dodge.

Forum List

Back