In a World of Real Evil, the Left Fights Fake Evil

Tell me Whiner how much have you given to your local food bank this year?

I don't believe in charities. I pay taxes, those taxes should help the poor, not the rich.

We aren't going to fix the system by dropping off a few cans around christmas.
It is certainly possible to feed a family of four on your made up budget of 320 a month you just refuse to believe it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you want them to eat like third world children.

You can't feed a family of four on $320 a month (the average SNAP benefit).

Food Stamped : A Documentary Film by Shira & Yoav Potash[/QUOTE]

Then how do people do it every day? There are many many people who feed their families on 320 a month.

And you don't give to charities but I'm selfish.

OK.

And food is food. nutrition is nutrition.

Oatmeal for breakfast is just fine
Rice and beans are good for you
One can buy whole chickens for $1.50 a pound
There are frozen vegetables in every supermarket for little money

I guarantee you I could feed a family of four a varied and nutritious menu for 320 a month

Yeah I'm the one who gives to my local food bank and you whine about people being hungry but do nothing

Not working to fix the underlying problem doesn't make you a good person. I'm sure you enjoy looking down on people.

You're the one not doing anything.

But then again you're one of those morons who thinks wearing a stupid colored rubber bracelet to "raise awareness" is the same as actually doing something.

But then again you're one of those morons who thinks wearing a stupid colored rubber bracelet to "raise awareness" is the same as actually doing something.

No, supporting politicians and policies to fix the problem is doing something.

Dropping off some expired cans once a year and taking a tax deduction really isn't.

No, supporting politicians and policies to fix the problem is doing something.

Dropping off some expired cans once a year and taking a tax deduction really isn't.

I give cold hard cash. The people at the food bank can make that money go farther than I can.

And you really are naive if you think any politician is going to do anything. You just want to sit on your ample ass and whine 24\7\365.

And you really are naive if you think any politician is going to do anything. You just want to sit on your ample ass and whine 24\7\365.

YOu mean other than create programs that feed millions of people, yeah, they are doing a lot more than you are.

Again, you don't need to convince me you are an awful person. You truly are.

You just said they don't feed people enough didn't you?

You're the one who said that a family of four cannot eat on the $ 80 dollars a week they get from the government didn't you?

You say all this but you won't do anything unless you are forced to do it by the governemnt by paying more in taxes or better yet you don't want to pay more you just want everyone else to pay more.

We know who the selfish asshole here is and it's you.

I think you pull numbers out of your ass bu yes you can feed a family of 4 on 80 dollars a week

One 20 lb bag of rice $8.13
One 8 lb bag of pinto beans $5.88
12 lb bag of oatmeal $6.30

That's only 20 bucks for food that will last for more than one week

again, seriously, fuck you. I'm not sure why it is you people want to punish poor people for being poor.
This technique of using hunger as a moral issue, (they won't work) has been used since hungry people were invented. During the Great Depression it was very popular. Then we began arming for WWII and most of the non-workers went to work.

This technique of using hunger as a moral issue, (they won't work) has been used since hungry people were invented. During the Great Depression it was very popular. Then we began arming for WWII and most of the non-workers went to work.

Actually, what happened during WWII is that we 1) established a food stamp program for the very poor and 2) Rationed what food even rich people could buy because we were supporting our allies to keep them from starving.

Now, here is the problem. We produce more than enough food to feed ourselves several times over. The fact that some people don't have access to it is the disgrace.

Actually, what happened during WWII is that we 1) established a food stamp program for the very poor and 2) Rationed what food even rich people could buy because we were supporting our allies to keep them from starving.

Now, here is the problem. We produce more than enough food to feed ourselves several times over. The fact that some people don't have access to it is the disgrace.

It was one of the great ironies of the Great Depression.

You say all this but you won't do anything unless you are forced to do it by the governemnt by paying more in taxes or better yet you don't want to pay more you just want everyone else to pay more.

No, I want the people who have money to pay their fair share, just like I am.

It's really not complicated, stupid.

No you want other people to pay a higher percentage than you.

Meanwhile you see a problem and do nothing about it then whine that others aren't doing enough.

Tell you what why don't you put on your little colored rubber bracelets and pretend you are actually doing something

And while you're at it define "fair share"

Forum List

Back